LC owners

. . . but this one - Oh boy, now were talking did we have some fun togather bnige
This was a very quick bike that went, stopped and cornered really well !
It was proper 'SORTED'
Fook Me - how am i still alive ????????????????

Attachments

• 123we.jpg
    123we.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 387
Half rebuilt just needs brakes cables etc fitting everything is there I just ran out of spare time its been sat 3 years on a bike lift.

It passed its MOT a week before been stripped down for a quick tidy paint the frame and then rebuild, so much to that plan :nenau

Just finished mine last year :) needs tank spraying to make mint.

059-1.jpg

065.jpg

The only picture I still have of my old 250

Untitled-1-16_zps92e23362.jpg

I'd taken over a mate's deposit on it when he changed his mind about wanting one. Bought from Gambier Reeks in Fulham, it was the first one they got in and prob. one of the first in the country.

Three weeks later and it was written off :D

Andres

Love my 250LC, bought as a non running piece of crap and restored it, enjoyed the work but don't mention the money :eek: Riding the same roads as i did 30 years ago the view over the bars is like time travel :JB it takes me right back.
Its that small though after riding the GSA it feels like a bicycle :bounce1
Keep looking, the search will be worth it.

Love my 250LC, bought as a non running piece of crap and restored it, enjoyed the work but don't mention the money :eek: Riding the same roads as i did 30 years ago the view over the bars is like time travel :JB it takes me right back.
Its that small though after riding the GSA it feels like a bicycle :bounce1
Keep looking, the search will be worth it.

Ooooh, dont tease us by saying you restored it and not putting up a pic - Come on . . be nice !

WHAT THE HELLS GOING ON HERE ?????????
In the words of that 21st century sage and philosopher, J Clarkson - " he should be taken out and shot in the face" :eek

Poor LC - no way for a hooligan bike to end it's days
Sad, sad sad

Bosozuko

Scarily bad taste............ :barf

Al

1984 - Shady Lane, Leyland, Lancs - Sun Shining, Scott tuned LC on the pipe, Doc Martens with yellow laces, AGV lid, Camo scarf, No Tax, illegal visor, No crippling mortgage, full tank o' fuel, £1.84 in my pocket & on my way to see mi' bird , mostly ' on the back wheel' the off to the chippy for tea - Aaaah, them were tha days !

Attachments

• 1984 (2).jpg
    1984 (2).jpg
    60 KB · Views: 218
Some pics for you

Ooooh, dont tease us by saying you restored it and not putting up a pic - Come on . . be nice !

OK, sorry for delay. Watch out though, LC's can be a bit addictive, it started with an urge to restore something, came across this yellow 250 in a local dealers, they couldn't get it to start!
Laf1_zpsb2f2e0fb.jpg

Which turned into
LAF11_zps1e923260.jpg

Then I found an original unrestored 350 so that had to be bought
LAFampYEL2_zps9888da3b.jpg

Then i came across an early 350 without the tie rods under the engine on a v reg plate in pieces, that came home and went straight up in the loft.
350inparts_zps5808c4a8.jpg

Then having two original machines i started thinking about building a special, everyone was putting RGV bits on a standard chassis, i wanted something a bit more special than that so bought a Spondon chassis and the fitted a ypvs motor to it.
IMG_0635_zpsd219d779.jpg

Unfortunately I came to realise what everyone kept telling me was true, i wasn't ever going to fit on it, so decided to part with it after some life recallibrating medical experience along with the 350's.
And a little video for you

Last edited:
LAF11_zps1e923260.jpg

This is just sooOOo utterly fabulous - Top Marks there mate :thumb

(just sort the 'blazingly-obvious' non-standard rear sprocket and .. .. .. .. .. "You're Job Is Done") :bow

This won't be news to many so here's a vid of my 250LC restoration .....

<object width="853" height="480"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/8oy7xJ2_Tes?hl=en_US&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/8oy7xJ2_Tes?hl=en_US&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="853" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Heres my Elsie 250 borrowed by a bike mag last year.
Practical_Sportsbikes_6-1_zpsa98666c5.jpg

This was my latest addition, a genuine Yam Bikini fairing that I picked up at a mad price at the Stafford show.
My LC has a 2-4 Gilly seat and belly pan as 'extras'. The original seat is stored safely away (along with another spare). The pipes are brand new originals. Its pretty much totally stock with all the little green nuts and bolts. I'll dig out some better pics later :)
proamlc_zps7bceba99.jpg

Last one with the Bike Mag roadtester on board.
_RGP4280.jpg

I had the body work resprayed onto new side panels, muddy, tail piece and a really good used tank. The original parts are a little scruffy, but I decided to leave them untouched and put them in the attic.
DSC00086.jpg

Fantastic bike to ride with no problems keeping up with modern traffic :).

Back
Top Bottom