a big thanks

thoroughly enjoyed it.
sadly had to head off half way through to head home(knackered when i got home)
thanks to the organizers and good to see all the looneys again:thumb2

Wow, what a great day. Hats off to the organisers for making it acessable to novices like myself on tourances. My first time off roading proper, what a baptism. At some parts I thought I was going to lose it and end up under the bike but somehow the whole thing stayed upright. By end of that last climb my bodys warning lights were all flashing that enough was enough, I could quite easily have fallen asleep in the heather. I don't know how I stayed awake for the rest of the day, apologies for those at the dinner table with me, I just couldn't muster the energy for much conversation. I'm not diabetic but seem to verge on it when pushed that far. I'm still just recharging and already looking forward to whatever next year brings.
It would be nice to have a route of where we went, I know we were up in the silvermines on Keepers Hill but does anyone have a proper route they can list? I'm still gobsmacked at some of the climbs we tackled and only wish I had taken some shots of them but thats the last thing I was thinking of at the time when faced with them.
Heres a pic from the end of one of the earlier stages, and one of our Brush who seemed to make good use of his camera during the day.

Attachments

• IMG_2714.jpg
    IMG_2714.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_2718.jpg
    IMG_2718.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 261
I'm still gobsmacked at some of the climbs we tackled and only wish I had taken some shots of them but thats the last thing I was thinking of at the time when faced with them.
Heres a pic from the end of one of the earlier stages, and one of our Brush who seemed to make good use of his camera during the day.
Ya did well for your first time Bill, hope it's not your last venture to the tracks and trails.

I've a good few pics taken, I think this is you ????

KIF_5721.jpg

KIF_5722.jpg

You bet I'll be back for more Daithi, I'm still re-living it during my dreams. I'm also amazed that nobody became seriously undone as some folk were really bombing along- I expected to find someone stuck in a tree around the next bend. I think next time I'll spend more time standing on the pegs rather than sitting on the seat and will be all the swifter for it. Thats me in the pic alright, the hi viz is a bit of a giveaway. I'm afraid the worn tourances couldn't quite dig in on that section, I didn't even get to say thanks to the good chap pushing me on but without him I think I'd still be sliding about there this evening, it was great how everyone was more than happy to help out when necessary. I must keep an eye on those rideout announcements and meet up again soon.:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom