What a great weekend!

Dakar Gal

Reaction score
I thought Id head off early on Friday, but fate had other plans. Opened up the garage to find a flat front tyre. :(
As the Dak has no center stand, the garden "furniture" had to be vandalised.
IMGP0684.jpg

Perfect! (spot the bike manual for "how to remove front wheel!)
IMGP0685.jpg

All the equipment needed to change front tube: spare tube, tyre levers, windowlene, rim protector, phone to call hubby when things go wrong!
IMGP0688.jpg

Couldn't find a hole, but the valve came off in my hand when removing the tube.
IMGP0687.jpg

Eventually got away. Lovely spin down - stayed dry. Spotted Whatton in his red Aerostich give me a big wave in Abbeliex as I was stopped waiting to meet up with BB1. Then a dude on a non GS bike pulls up. "do you know the way?" Im thinking "I know the way to where *Im* going!". Sure enough he's heading to Tipp (Graham). And his Zumo has frozen. I give him directions, and tell him to keep an eye out for Whatton up ahead.

Saturdays offroad rideout got a massive attendance. Maybe Daithi shouldnt be advertising it as a piece of p1ss!
IMGP0696.jpg

Stopped for choccy and coke to fight off the hangover of a late Friday night.
IMGP0716.jpg

BB1
IMGP0723.jpg

Nudie
IMGP0725.jpg

Padge
IMGP0728.jpg

Daimo
IMGP0729.jpg

Bakerman
IMGP0730.jpg

The Celt
IMGP0733.jpg

Daithi
IMGP0739.jpg

Wizard (upright - you can thank me later Wiz!)
IMGP0740.jpg

Joe again - that bike is very cool!
IMGP0741.jpg

HP2 Kenobi takes the fun route
IMGP0746.jpg

BMurr
IMGP0751.jpg

Sugarcube (I love that bike!)
IMGP0752.jpg

AndyT
IMGP0757.jpg

IMGP0758.jpg

IMGP0763.jpg

IMGP0768.jpg

IMGP0776.jpg

Beautiful View
IMGP0778.jpg

Kyle tipping the lads off the big rock. He has the strenth of ten men! (would need to to handle that Tenere!)
IMGP0781.jpg

My camera died after that. So no photos of the summit of Keeper hill. Some nice vids of Sunday which Ill post when I figure out how!

The rest of the photos can be found at http://orla.smugmug.com/gallery/5487271_sdPMu#335543727_CX5AK

thanks all for a great weekend again!
:beerjug:

Excellent photos DakarGal, keep an eye on the Saturday Off Road Pictures thread, there are some brilliant pics.

Hei thanks for those Orla - I've just seen this thread. You never mentioned the puncture in your bike, I'm well impressed as I have yet to change a tube without puncturing the new one putting the tyre back on:eek:

I want to know where Tuned ins pics are as he took loads:nenau

Have Fun

AndyT:cool:

Back
Top Bottom