Are there only unhelpful people working at Cannon BMW Braintree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I can update that Cannons never bothered to get in touch with me to see if they could do anything about the issues I had on three of the four visits to them.

The only visit I had that was problem free was when I placed a £10000+ order...

It amazes me. We buy a premium product and therefore probably have a significant amount of disposable income to spend. It's not as though we are talking about a Chinese import here is it?

We pay premium prices to maintain the premium product and don't get premium quality service. And some dealers don't seem that bothered.

Still we can take our disposable income elsewhere. Those that provide the service will prosper, those that don't will close. Let's see what happens shall we?

Bugger.. wish I had read this before wasting time effort and petrol going over there today..
I DID fancy an 800..
One chap who said he was new was very nice and helpful ( as best he could be )
Other one..... :rolleyes:

After being spoken down to for some time and being told either they would do a service on my bike or knock the cost of it off any part ex offered, they then went on to tell me the centre stand was an optional extra at £70( I think ) and a couple of panniers would be £590.00.
This after generously offering me four grand on the 24 month old 1200GS

I had quite forgotten how little I respected main dealers.. Thank goodness they brought it all back to me so quickly or I might have fallen into their web of fiscal ruination ! :)

Today BMW lost a customer ( for ever ) .. I will never buy a new beemer..

I shall stick to buying old ones and be happy in the knowledge I am not lining the pockets of another greedy main dealer

Betwixt Cannon and The Lord Vader or you and the Mercedes pushing Mediumman :D

I have heard lots from Tom....Bless him*. Mostly asking about Tignes and ChasMill's of this parish apartment.... He does worry about some curious things...but all is now well....at least until 2009 when it will be time for him to venture there....;)

*I wish we had a sort of Papal hand, sign of the cross, animated smiley.

I have heard lots from Tom....Bless him*. Mostly asking about Tignes and ChasMill's of this parish apartment.... He does worry about some curious things...but all is now well....at least until 2009 when it will be time for him to venture there....;)

*I wish we had a sort of Papal hand, sign of the cross, animated smiley.

Huh?

You been at the Vino Callapso sir?

Once more in basic Anglo Saxon please !

Huh?

You been at the Vino Callapso sir?

Once more in basic Anglo Saxon please !

Him and Tom have kissed and made up, Tom panics over feck all, Tom now has nothing to panic about, Tom will shit himself before going on holiday next year.

:thumb2

Any update LV? Some of us want to be able to boycott Cannons ....
Yes i had a meeting with Bill and Sue Cannon but it did not go as i hoped and i first will take some advice on how to proceed.:rolleyes:
Basically they said they only would consider looking at my bike if i would retract this thread which i refused to do.:type
There was more but i shall post that later:D

Yes i had a meeting with Bill and Sue Cannon but it did not go as i hoped and i first will take some advice on how to proceed.:rolleyes:
Basically they said they only would consider looking at my bike if i would retract this thread which i refused to do.:type

Too right.:handbag

Sounds Like his Bronze Swimming certificate has gone to his heed

If things were as you described at the start you would think Cannons would be trying there hardest to get you sorted after what seem nothing short of poor treatment.
You had every right to post on here about your lack of good service....
it is up to Cannons to rectify your problem not threaten or hold off on fixing the bike.
Cannons had a very good chance to redeem themselves and show that they actually cared about a customers problems...

The way they are potraying themselves now will do nothing for their future business... at nearly 8,000 active members on this site there is an aweful lot of business to be lost both in buying bikes and servicing.
Who is going to use a place that appears show such a huge lack in customer care.
My advice to Cannons would be sort the guy out ASAP the longer it takes the worse you look to others...

Just think if this customer starts posting it round other BMW forums too

I can't believe this thread. Do Mr and Mrs Cannon Bsc Hons realise what damage this is doing?

Surely they can't be naive enough to think this will go away without them resolving this problem?

Swimming badge or not this isn't making the Cannon business look very clever. Ignore all this dealer bollox, they own a shop that sells bikes, and they own a workshop that mends them.

It seems the people they employ to deal with customers in their shop can't do this in a civil way. And the mechanics they employ to repair the bikes they sell aren't capable of repairing them.

I can't believe this thread. Do Mr and Mrs Cannon Bsc Hons realise what damage this is doing?

Surely they can't be naive enough to think this will go away without them resolving this problem?

make it a sticky, then it won't go away :)

these numbskulls need to learn that the internet works for everyone - good and bad :thumb

If this thread contains any inaccuracies in the claims against Cannons or the tone ill-considered then perhaps the offended ones should take up their right of reply as offered and demonstrate to those interested their side of this sorry tale.

Personally I would never institute a public slanging match with someone I was seeking a satisfactory resolution with, but rather wait until I believed I'd had all the service from them I was likely to receive, cut my ties with them and then and only then reveal the levels of service I'd received and advise caution to others.

Reason? I as the person in Lord Vader's shoes still have something to lose from this break down of service (excuse the pun) and need to seek a resolution, its not likely to happen with onlookers developing a pack mentality to kick the dealer and further worsen the matter and 'we' do so from a position of having nothing to lose which is why I can make the following statement...

As others have said only Cannon's employees and Lord Vader know exactly want went on and I/we can't really comment, but the email sent by Mr Cannon does come over as someone who sounds like a bit of a knob, whether of course he is or not? :D

p.s. Mr Cannon, it's (Hons) actually, a quaint custom not usually used in the modern era, after all it could have been awarded for a degree which was a 'desmond' or a Third Class even :augie

Wikipedia said:
Honours degrees are of a superior academic standard. However the practice of writing 'Hons' as part of the degree designation is unofficial and is considered by many as an affectation. An Honours degree is always awarded in one of four classes depending upon the marks gained in the final assessments and examinations. The top students are awarded a first class degree, the next best, an upper second class degree (usually referred to as a 2:1), the next a lower second class degree (usually referred to as a 2:2), and those with the lowest marks gain a third class degree.

Source

OK - well firstly sorry it's taken me so long to post back here in detail - but I reckon you'll understand why I've been in shock this week at the standard of service from an Official BMW Main Dealer......

I had a phone call from Sue Cannon on Saturday 26th July asking if it would be possible for me to come in for a meeting with both her and her husband to try and resolve the issue. I agreed and we settled on Thursday 31st July at 1:30pm.

Well I was pretty happy with this as it looked like things were going to move forward....so I went along to Cannon BMW on Thursday, at the agreed time, and met Sue Cannon in the office, where we had a brief chat whilst waiting for her husband. Imagine my surprise when he turned out to be non-other than the 'Customer Service Manager' who I have mentioned in a previous post.

I was told in no uncertain terms that Cannon BMW would only CONSIDER resolving the issue with my R1200GSA once I had removed this thread from the UKGSer forum. They explained that they were concerned about the impact it might have on their business. It was also implied by them that I was under the impression that Cannon BMW had created this issue on purpose - which is complete nonsense. They explained to me that they were worried that if they were unable to find and fix the fault that I would be posting again on here.

I was told that they had taken legal advice on this matter and that I should be very careful of what I posted on the UKGSer forum, commenting that I had omitted to mention that I had not paid the 20 minute Labour charge for removing aftermarket parts - which I clearly told them on a previous visit that I was refusing to pay, as it seemed to be a constantly changing amount and wasn't even itemized on the worksheet. This was the third time my bike had been into Cannon BMW for the same issue, so why wasn't this charge levied on the first two visits? If it had been stated clearly during my first visit I could understand.................

It was also mentioned that they had spent 5.1/2 hours working on my bike, for which BMW UK will apparently only pay them for 2.1/2 hours under a warranty claim.

I replied that it was not common knowledge that BMW Main Dealers were entitled to charge anything over the 2.1/2 hour warranty limit - and asked them why they hadn't posted this information themselves on the forum.

(It was at this stage that a comment was made that clearly showed me that they were not interested in helping me at all.....)

His response was 'I've got a life....'

In view of that comment (which by my understanding is that the owners of Cannon BMW think that anyone who posts on UKGSer's doesn't have a life....) I told them that I would not be removing this thread from the forum and that the meeting was now over as I could not see anyway of moving forward.

As I was leaving I mentioned the fact of how disappointed I was with Cannon BMW and that I had looked forward to this meeting with the expectation of an apology, a sit down face to face to discuss how they were going to address the continuing issue with my bike, and possibly a gesture of a loan bike whilst mine was booked in to be fixed. Both of them just looked at me as if I had come from another planet - and I got the feeling that they had not even considered this as an option.

So that's where I am now......and I can only say that I will be pushing BMW UK to resolve this sad state of affairs for me.

As you can imagine - I won't be recommending Cannon BMW to anyone.

As you can imagine - I won't be recommending Cannon BMW to anyone.

From reading other posts on ukgser and posts from some other forums I think that Cannon BMW may well see a rather large downturn in business over the next few weeks/months.
Why is it so difficult for companies to realise that good customer service generally leads to better business :nenau

Sounds like a place to avoid at all costs :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom