What price a 36,000 mile service ?

pint6x

What price a 36,000 mile service at a dealer, including new brake fluid and the vee belt ?

Any ideas ?

One quote so far of £350 :(

takes 20 mins to fit a new belt to a GS ( without crash bars ) , another 15mins to completely change all the brake fluid --- seems pricey :eek:

36k service

got my 1100gs serviced a couple of weeks before Christmas in BMW garage in Belfast. 36k service including v belt £217.

my 36k cost...

£430.85: sawbridgeworths. which included:

bmw inspection+annual check( with valve adjust) : 182.6
replace ribbed v belt: 37.35
rear wheel drive oil : 12.45
oil filter : 8.68
vc gasket r1100 : 2.30
o ring ; .14
o ring: .36
filler pipe : .51
spark plug : 9.80
alternator belt : 8.17
air filter : 9.37
spring : 2.34
spring : 1.02
fuel cleaner ; 8.51
number plate : 10.00
winter prep: 34.05
environment charge : 3.50
gps oil : 23.25
gearbox oil : 7.28
brake fluid : 5.00

sub total:

labour: 232.40
parts: 61.20
sundries: 37.55
lubes : 35.53
total vat : 64.17

grand total : 430.85

if you take off winter prep and plate make it more like 390.00
BUT still no one mentioned my worn out brakes.............hmmm

reads like a horror story to me - but then i do my own thank you very much

£9.80 for a spark plug ??????!!!!!!!!!

gps oil ?????

Hmmm

buy a manual - £20
diy

Phil

replace ribbed v belt: 37.35
alternator belt : 8.17

What the fek?... one and the same thing aint it?

well, my fingers are still smoking after that last service cost..can't think why......and yes, i get the feeling 'they' sleep very well thankyou very much- in the biggest bed you have ever seen!!!!!

mind you, forgot to add, they did save me money but not changing my brake pads............allegedly.........................

Paid around the £450 mark for a 36k mile service, as Christmas, & I'd already done a lot of the basic work myself. Got stung on the plugs as I forgot to tell them I'd replaced them and the mechanic 'failed' to notice they appeared brand new. Did get all the brake pads changed and system bled as well and the standard 36,000 mile jobs.

Lesson learnt however & I'll be doing all my own servicing from now on.

Interesting reading........and as mine is coming up to it's 36,000 fairly soon, I think I'll be doing it all myself too.

Is there a full checklist of what needs to be done, or is it as stated in the manual? Also, is there a workshop manual downloadable from anywhere? I'll happily buy anyone a beer & pay postage costs etc if someone has something on CD/DVD?

Otherwise I guess it's a Haynes manual, but I don't rate them very much.

Cheers

Mine's just out of warranty now, I'm tempted to start doing all my own maintenance. I'm good enough to do regular servicing stuff, but not re-builds etc, probably like many on the forum. Is there a manual available for the 1150GS?, if so , where from and what cost?.

The cost of main dealer servicing is eye watering, so I'd rather save the dosh to put towards trips etc.

Thanks

Marcus

:confused:

BAKERMAN said:
Phil, just pay up you tight twat, you get paid 3 times more than any of us, what do you do with your wonger ?
buy lots of dodgy paint tins and paint my house a girlie colour

Back
Top Bottom