Touring Europe to Rome

Dave+

Reaction score
Has anyone got any experience of a similar trip.
Your tips would be very useful (i.e. recommended spares for a Year 2006 GS 1200 - Good Routes - Accommodation (must be clean as wife is overly fussy).

Welcome to UKGSer Dave :thumb2

Just to whet your appetite have a look HERE

A bunch of GSers did this one last month... fantastic 10 days organised by a tosser of this parish :beerjug::beerjug:

Hello dave Im not an italy expert so i cant help much . I understand the amalfi coast is rated as one of the best biking roads in the world. I passed through italy en route to ancona a few weeks ago and found hotels expensive:eek: Are you going via Austria, switzerland or france? Dont get caught using the motorways in aus /switz without paying. The fines are getting heavy.

hello ,take a tatty looking bike cover and a decent chain,if you are not camping you need to stop the t**ts nicking it while youre in the bar.If they cant see it,its got to help.Enjoy

,We are going through Switzerland. Then to Venice, then Rome then back to Monaco, Marseilles and then to Santander for the ferry back to the UK.
Have you heard any comments using this ferry crossing.
Thanks. Dave

Has anyone got any experience of a similar trip.
Your tips would be very useful (i.e. recommended spares for a Year 2006 GS 1200 - Good Routes - Accommodation (must be clean as wife is overly fussy).

Dave

Minimum Spares required for a trip of this magnitude...

Bulb Kit... Fuel Pump Relay...Ring Antenna (C/w Spare key...Tape and Cable Ties)...Puncture Kit....Mini Compressor..... Bmw Recovery card (& Credit card..eh flash?!!:augie) Screw driver..torx bits...etc..etc

Make sure the bike has been properly serviced before you set off.... you would'nt want to run out of brake pad material if you're going anywhere near some of the roads we visited!!!! Same with the tyres:thumb

A "camel back" or similar is a good idea too, as it does tend to get a bit warm at times down that way and dehydration has a knack of creeping up on you unawares..

Hope this helps.........have a great trip

G:beerjug:

Ferry Information

Hi there - Thank you very much for providing the link for ferry information. Most appreciated. My wife is a little concerned about going on a ferry as this is something she has never done. I think she is comparing it to the small glass bottom boats she has been on in places like greece etc. I have tried telling her that ferry's don't move / rock anywhere near as much, but she won't have it. I will keep trying to pursuade. All your additional soothing comments would be welcome.LOL

The boat wont rock about atall. Its not as if the bay of Biscay has a reputation for being rough or anything ,honest:eek::green gri

Back
Top Bottom