Engine Oil

(RIP) willstatt

Lost
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
So, what's the concensus of opinion of the best engine oil for an 1150GS...... Mines got whatever the dealer puts in when they do a service... but now I'm ready for an interim DIY oil change, what do you recommend?

Any suggestions much appreciated

Will

d.i.y oil change

try sunflower oil, let us know how u get on????????

Personally, I'd use Mobil1 15W-50, but I'm too lazy to organise that when I have my bike serviced. I suspect that they load it with a mineral 10W-40.

Greg

Oil question

Since my post, have now discovered the long thread re oil, in the technical section (as suggested) so am now aware of what to use, so no need for any more responses, but thanks anyway! Tried the sunflower oil......... smelt lovely!

Cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil is best, especially if you're travelling to Spain, Portugal, France or Italy.:p

Cold pressed virgins

Not that you'd know HOW to change the oil..... whatever variety you chose!!! Got yer new Adventure, or have you ordered F650!?

Re: Oil question

willstatt said:
Since my post, have now discovered the long thread re oil, in the technical section (as suggested) so am now aware of what to use, so no need for any more responses, but thanks anyway! Tried the sunflower oil......... smelt lovely!

Wait for it........

So..... oils well that ends well eh?

(oil be back!)

The monkey bike is pampered with the finest fully-synth 2-stroke oil that monkeys can make.

:cool:

Back
Top Bottom