crossan motorcycles never again

For a thread that started with a 'never go to crossens' type theme, it has certainly backfired a bit and it looks like they'll be on for a bumper sales weekend as half the GSers in Ireland converge there to buy some stuff!

They could probably give Cashel a free helmet for the sales he has generated by moaning about them....:clap

Any publicity is good publicity.

For a thread that started with a 'never go to crossens' type theme, it has certainly backfired a bit and it looks like they'll be on for a bumper sales weekend as half the GSers in Ireland converge there to buy some stuff!

They could probably give Cashel a free helmet for the sales he has generated by moaning about them....:clap

Any publicity is good publicity.

crossans never addressed the threat of 'outside' and Cashel has come back to explain that he did not talk to certain people as claimed by Crossans..

I think he has been outnumbered by the number of people here who have had and continue to have a good relationship with crossans, but i dont think it is clear cut...

the weight of public opinion says that crossans are good to deal with does not mean that Cashel did not have a bad experience..

not taking sides, merely stating that crossans side of the story is a true as cashels..

anyone can have a bad day...it is the follow up on it afterwards and to be truthful i personally was not impressed by the customer care follow up by crossans, ie straight on to the forum calling names is not what i look for in customer care...but it is a small island and there are few dealers so one(riders) does need to be to careful...

my 2cents

Crossans

I have never bought anything from Crossans but on reading this and both theirs and Cashels response it would lead me to believe* that they do offer a decent experience.
(*based purely on this thread).

'not taking sides, merely stating that crossans side of the story is a true as cashels..'

on reading both sides of the story I cant see why Crossans customer service can be questioned?

I would like to know about 'offering outside' as I would hope an outfit would act more professionally than that? anyone care to elaborate?

2p.

Told me to come up to this shop and he will sort me outside.

.. Adrian told him to come up to the shop and see this for a fact, he did not want to.

Perhaps these two quotes illustrate how a mis-understanding occurs. :nenau

I have known Adrian & Shane through bikes for quite some years and have always been well treated by them and by their other staff. Neither of them strike me as the kind of guys to "invite someone outside" to resolve anything.

I should point out that aside from being an occasional and satisfied customer I have no other connection to Crossan Motorcycles.

Perhaps these two quotes illustrate how a mis-understanding occurs. :nenau

Originally Posted by thevisorshop; said:
Adrian told him to come up to the shop and see this for a fact, he did not want to.

Aidan, i am not taking sides, but if one has been threatened with violence in another 'country' one might think twice before crossing the border to approach the shop...

I think there was a misunderstanding, but would think that a shop in the interest of customer care would be the 1st to offer their hand in resolving the situation rather than name calling...

i am gonna leave it there..

Aidan, i am not taking sides,

Me neither Decster, and I'm not getting involved any further than I already have.

I do think though that it is very easy for someone to accuse a dealer of allsorts without any corroboration at all of their version of events.

It is therefore appropriate that other site members can express their experiences of the dealer to at least try to redress the imbalance. In this case that has been in Crossans favour, but it may not always be the case, as was illustrated in the Canon thread.

Just visited their site
http://www.crossan.co.uk/acatalog/index.html
If it wasn't for this thread I wouldn't have ordered the two tyres and the DIY PINLOCK KIT from them.

Thanks. :beerjug:

Strange that, I ordered a couple of set of knobblies off them this morning for dawn 2 dusk.

They didn't have them in stock and no drama about ordering them in.

No such thing as bad publicity then.

I've had tyres and helmets from them before. Free next delivery when what I wanted was in stock. The following week when stuff had to be ordered in

I called up to them when I wasn't to sure about the fit of a helmet and no problems getting it sorted.

A big plus for anyone from the south buying a helmet in the UK is the good exchange rate with sterling at the moment and also the sensible decision of the authorities in that part of the world not putting VAT on motorbike helmets.

Perhaps these two quotes illustrate how a mis-understanding occurs.

Yes, I once spoke to an American chap, who explained he was in a travel agents and got distracted by the lovely breasts of the woman serving him. He meant to ask for two Tickets to Pittsberg, but it came out as two Pickets to Tittsberg.
I told him I knew exactly what he meant. Just that same morning at breakfast, I meant to ask my ex-wife to pass the sugar, but it came out as
You Ruined My Life Bitch!

Betty Swollocks:augie

This tread could run and run, but we know what was said and Frank knows what was said, we did our best to resolve things ref his 12 euro loss , but this was to no avail. Franks bridges are not burnt and if he wants to avail of this helmet, he can still purchase the Tour X2 at £220 delivered plus get a Free maintenance kit and visor cleaning kit as discussed already. But if he wishes to shop elsewhere that is his own perogative.

ref sponsorship of this site, we spend most of our budget supporting our road racing team with riders Michael Dunlop (GSXR1000) and Michael Weldon (CBR600RR) and Daniel Sayle IOM (RS125 HONDA) and this is quite expensive as you might appreciate, hopefully some of you get to the races as get a bit of enjoyment watching our bikes from the ditches. If there was'nt sponsors there would be no road racing...long may it continue.

Adrian:aidan

There have been misunderstanding regarding Norn Iron idiom before now..

Will I tell the whole joke or will this bit do ?

Ni ceapaim means " I don't think so"....

If a Norn Ironer told me to call up so that he would sort me out, I would understand it to mean he would fix me up / solve my prob if he could.

Never dealt with Crossan, but would not expect less than good service from a shop with the references given throughout this thread....apart from at the start :)

further evidence:

Ted : You know the phrase 'to take care of something'? Well, I realise now that you meant that in a sort of Al Pacino way. Whereas I was thinking more along the lines of Julie Andrews.

NIce one the visorshop

I have been down your way yet but with the feedback and you're making a public effort I get good vibes! Certainly not what I expect from the main BUMw dealer but then they only want your money not your ongoing loyalty!

Anyway Why not pay the £12 "subscribers" fee and stick an odd offer in the for sale and wanted section! Clearance items anyone???

You can then also get private messages from any other subscriber and shall we say reach out to the wider audience?

I think just the £12 subscription was meant.

£12 FOR UNLIMITED ADVERTISING :eek:

Well, The Visor Shop has gotten a lot of good press on this thread already, could do with being
on the Useful Numbers And Services thread as well.

dealt with them loads of times when buying tyres, super service and delivery.
:beerjug::thumb2:beerjug:
will do more business in the future.

I think just the £12 subscription was meant.

Oiy, Pay up ye misserable gits!
or well nak yer ballicks in!:D

Cashal,
If your nasty to a Northerner, dont expect yes sir, no sir, sorry sir. :bow You'll get it back 10 fold. Shop owners and staff are not there to take abuse from anyone. if you where frustrated then ok rant a bit but go elsewhwere if not happy. they offered you a refund and the 12 euro differance that was not there fault but your banks charge. What more would you like them to do?

Im not saying anyone was right or wrong but look at it this way if they offered you outside to sort you out, surly this would not happen if you where courtious in the first place. Why dont you go up and see who sorts who out i know i would! :handbag
Afterall you felt strongly enough to slag them off on here, so if your side of the story is correct and they are lying (one of you is) i did'nt hear you challenge there account to strongly. If they are not telling us the truth say so then go up to them be a man and sort it out.:rob
This is just my opinion. but you invited us in so take the opinion of others.

just bought a new pinlock visor from crossan .half the price from others and excellent service. cashel get a grip off your self m8 adrian seems to bending over backwards to accomadate you .:monkeypiz

I also believe that after turning down all the offers of help/freebies/the making up of the 12 euros in some way, our bold lad then asked for a new TourX 3..........but for the £220 he was getting the TourX 2 for. :eek:

Brass neck or what ? :augie

Back
Top Bottom