WOW now this is what i call Customer service from South London Motorrad

Kettles !

That kettle’s history !

Good to meet you today GSA1150 and glad the team could help you out. The GS is a welcome upgrade from the Thunderace, but is a different animal so we totally understand your desire to check it out.

Thanks for your post GSA1150, and hope to see you again soon

Regards Alaric

Last edited:
Hi MGJ. Thanks for your comments. I will pass them on to the team. Hope to meet you some time when you get the chance to pop in for a coffee. Regards Alaric.

Well you you could start by saying hello when I was talking to Simon yesterday morning, you know me I was one of the 10 who gave up our time to give you feedback one Friday night.

Being polite costs nothing to be ignored is rude.

But Still think that Simon and the team are your best asset.

MGJ.

I apologise I did not have a chat with you on Saturday, which I try to do with everyone. Saturday unfortunately was "mad" for me and with it being my wife's birthday I was in a bit of a rush to get it all done and head back north to.

The bacon’s on me the next time you are in !

The meeting with you and the others was very helpful in deed, and I enjoyed meeting you all, and thanks for taking the time (hope you received my thank you letter). The feedback has helped confirm much we thought, and also given us new ideas we will be working on to make life better for all our customers, and more fun.

Alaric

Well you you could start by saying hello when I was talking to Simon yesterday morning, you know me I was one of the 10 who gave up our time to give you feedback one Friday night.

Being polite costs nothing to be ignored is rude.

But Still think that Simon and the team are your best asset.

No pleasing some people :monkeypiz

Just wanted to add my 10p worth...

(copy of my reply on http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155828)

Hi Alaric

I know that it's early days yet but if this is an example of things to come you'll be on the right track!...

I recently took my 1200GS in to SLBMW for it's 12K service where your guys found that one of the seals on the gearbox had gone. One of your guys explained that the gearbox oil could contaminate the clutch (not good!) and bring me to a shuddering stop (even worse)! He also explained that fixing it is not cheap!! However, because my bike is young and has a good service record he approached BMW and obtained something called a 'good will gesture' from them not without a little pressure.:clap This brought the cost to me down to an affordable level!:bow The bike was booked in and the work carried out last week.

I must say that I was not only grateful, as the original cost would have been difficult for me to meet, but impressed by your guy's helpful, none condescending attitude. He recognised that such a young bike shouldn’t develop this fault and showed a caring attitude and good after sales service too by using his initiative to contact BMW. I'm also grateful for this opportunity of letting you and others know about it.

Congratulations.:thumb2 If this is what you mean by “doing everything we do better for the benefit of our customers” then you’re on the right path!:clap

(Name of staff member supplied if requested)​

Hi Alaric

I know that it's early days yet but if this is an example of things to come you'll be on the right track!...

I recently took my 1200GS in to SLBMW for it's 12K service where your guys found that one of the seals on the gearbox had gone. One of your guys explained that the gearbox oil could contaminate the clutch (not good!) and bring me to a shuddering stop (even worse)! He also explained that fixing it is not cheap!! However, because my bike is young and has a good service record he approached BMW and obtained something called a 'good will gesture' from them not without a little pressure.:clap This brought the cost to me down to an affordable level!:bow The bike was booked in and the work carried out last week.

I must say that I was not only grateful, as the original cost would have been difficult for me to meet, but impressed by your guy's helpful, none condescending attitude. He recognised that such a young bike shouldn’t develop this fault and showed a caring attitude and good after sales service too by using his initiative to contact BMW. I'm also grateful for this opportunity of letting you and others know about it.

Congratulations.:thumb2 If this is what you mean by “doing everything we do better for the benefit of our customers” then you’re on the right path!:clap

Feck me, this is getting like spam :augie

Hi Alaric

For some reason I read that in a cheesy, insincere American accent of the kind that invades your TV in the wee small hours selling things like revolutionary fishing rods and excercise machines.

It somehow seemed apt :nenau

Feck me, this is getting like spam :augie

For some reason I read that in a cheesy, insincere American accent of the kind that invades your TV in the wee small hours selling things like revolutionary fishing rods and excercise machines.

It somehow seemed apt :nenau

Oi back off you two.....

I bought a clutch cable there about 6 months ago and it's the best clutch cable I've ever bought much better than the one I bought at Prestige at Bexleyheath, the young lady behind the counter even smilled as she took my money from me. The only complaint I have was that it was raining at the time and it was quite a walk from where I parked my bike to the stores dept. May I suggest the "Proffesional Bike Valeter" doubles up as an umberella man, like they have at The Dorchester, during times of inclement weather.

Oi back off you two.....

I bought a clutch cable there about 6 months ago and it's the best clutch cable I've ever bought much better than the one I bought at Prestige at Bexleyheath, the young lady behind the counter even smilled as she took my money from me. .

I must confess i bought some cylinder head studs for a K1100 about a year ago. When i arrived to collect them the young lady threw them at me like darts, fortunately she only scored 17. And she stuffed the cash down the front of her blouse.
But the studs were superb. They couldn't be bettered from anywhere else.

Love it, what can I say !

An interesting idea LOLGEOFF, but what about going that little bit further in the name of customer service ?

How about if we had a “professional piggy-backer” who not only donned an umbrella “in inclement weather”, but also carried our customers along a red carpet to and from their bikes, feeding them grapes or toasted marsh mallows on the way ! :bounce1

Now that’s going the extra mile ! :jibber

...oo, oo, how about a sedan chair!:bounce1

...some lakkie parks the customer's bike, the sedan chair takes them over to sun loungers on the decking where they await their bike service whilst given a foot and indian-head massage whilst enjoying a refreshing speciality tea!:thumb

The sedan chair returns them to their newly serviced bike and complementary visor wipe!

An interesting idea LOLGEOFF, but what about going that little bit further in the name of customer service ?

How about if we had a “professional piggy-backer” who not only donned an umbrella “in inclement weather”, but also carried our customers along a red carpet to and from their bikes, feeding them grapes or toasted marsh mallows on the way ! :bounce1

Come and open a shop in sydney - the mob here could learn a thing or two.

Their Monopoly of 2 shops might be broken as well :mmmm

Just selling 1200GS's that didn't fail as frequently would be a good start :D

Back
Top Bottom