New dealer in Chester

I popped into the HD shop at Chester the weekend before last to enquire about getting my GS serviced and was told that the BMW workshop would not be up & running until March 2009. The uniquely bouffonted salesman also said that the portakabin adjacent to the car park would be the BMW temporary office and would be opening this week for sales advice only. Unless you know better.............

Congrats Paul, glad everything worked out for you in the end.

What's your role going to be, Service Manager again or will you be involved in Sales?

Ian Rush'

Thanks Ian.

I haven't really got a job title as such. We will be having a dedicated BMW technician, using an area set aside for BMW's in the HD workshop and I will basically be doing whatever needs to be done, be it Sales, Service or Parts. Obviously we won't have our full facilities until the new building opens (which is on schedule for April atm) but the new owners are determined to provide as many dealership facilities as possible for BMW customers in the meantime. I will be having Service Loan Bikes and some Demos, and I'm in the process of sorting those out at the moment.

I popped into the HD shop at Chester the weekend before last to enquire about getting my GS serviced and was told that the BMW workshop would not be up & running until March 2009. The uniquely bouffonted salesman also said that the portakabin adjacent to the car park would be the BMW temporary office and would be opening this week for sales advice only. Unless you know better.............

Hello,

The BMW temporary facility is now open in a limited capacity, and our functionality should gradually increase so that in around 4 weeks time we will be able to offer Sales, Service (inc. Warranty repairs), and Parts facilities.

Hope this helps...

Geat news Paul, well done.

I have a F650 GS 2007 (single) that needs a 600 mile service, and there ae two issues that need looking at.
I'll nip in to see you in the pikey office.......:augie

Timpo.

It would be great to see you.

I must warn everyone that the butty van in the carpark is dangerous. I only started here at Chester Motorrad on Tuesday and already the bacon butties have turned into burgers. And they also do chips.

Still, I will probably need some extra insulation living in that portacabin for the winter...

Hi I was up that way tues this week just for a ride out as I was ill all weekend. I stopped at the hd shop tea van for half an hour and did have a look around for the new shop but couldn't see anything but then I wasn't looking for a posh garden shed. shame I might have found someone to natter with for half an hour five hd guys at the van when I pulled up not one of them acknowledged me .such is life
All the best
colin

HD guys tend to nod at HD guys, sports bike riders to sports bike riders etc etc.

A strange bunch we are...

Not that I'm excited or anything. :augie

portaloo.jpg

I was just passing & had my camera with me.

I'll try and post a new pic in the next few days - I've strimmed the grass today, sprayed weedkiller and put some stone down up to the cabin door so shorties (ie. me.) can get in as well.

I broke into a sweat shovelling stone today. That doesn't normally happen when you usually push a pen around a desk. Still, the manual work was how I justified the burger with onions and mushrooms to myself at dinner time. From the butty van. Did I mention the butty van?

**I have visited Blue Bell Crewe and was totally "blanked" both by Staff and BM Riders. **
So i produced my mega wad and flashed it in front of his eyes, told him to spin on this:augie and rode to Williams Manchester where i was greeted like a long lost Pal: even thou i had never been in the place before, so i bought my bike from them 3 1/2 years ago. I never once went back to Crewe even though it was/is a lot closer to me...
Takes all sorts, mind you i have not yet ventured to the HD place but may do so early next year.

Paul

Glad to see your up and running had to go to Williams this week for the service too 5 weeks to book it in for the 600 mile service so when it got there it had 2500 miles on it:eek: hope i wont have to wait that long at HDBUELLBMW!
Will pop in when i get a chance
nice office just like mine does get cold in winter get a timer on those heaters!!

The portacabin is lovely and warm at the moment. I suspect I won't be saying that in 3 months time.

I'm going to be putting a set of plans for the new building up in the portacabin some time this week so that anyone who's interested can have a look if they call in.

We have been using the HD phone's for the last week but we now have a dedicated phone number for Chester Motorrad which is:

0151 3734802.

If I don't answer the phone in the cabin because I am with a customer/elsewhere/etc then the phone's will ring in the HD shop so that somebody can take a message for me. Please bear with me if you don't always get me first time as I am a one man band at the moment and if I get a message to call somebody, I guarantee I will always ring back.

Thanks folks,

Paul.

Hi Paul,
Came to say hello on Monday and to organise a service on my GSA, but found out they're not open on Mondays :blast

I'll be down for a visit later in the week,

Cheers,

Ian :D

Hi Paul,
Came to say hello on Monday and to organise a service on my GSA, but found out they're not open on Mondays :blast

I'll be down for a visit later in the week,

Cheers,

Ian :D

Sorry Ian,

Chester Motorrad is open 9 - 6 Tuesday to Friday, and 9 - 5 on Saturday's.
We are closed on Mondays and although the HD shop is open on Sunday's, BMW will not currently be opening on Sundays (basically because I have to have a couple of days off and I am currently on my lonesome!)

Regarding your query, I am still realistically a few weeks away from having the workshop up and running but please do drop by and I can take your details and add them to my "list of people to ring when the workshop is operational!".
Because we did not carry Blue Bell's database over to Chester (mainly due to Data Protection legislation), the only way I can contact people is if they get in touch and leave me their details.

I'm hoping to have New Bike Sales up and running from Friday onwards (subject to the BMW IT installation happening in full on Thursday), and Parts dept. should be operational from the 22nd of October at the latest (again, subject to BMW IT installation)

Sorry if I'm repeating myself at all but the batteries are running a bit low atm!

Paul.

Keep us posted with progress.

Cheers

Stewart

Ok, New Bike Sales are up and running now and demo bikes are due to start arriving this week. I have an R1200GS and R1200GS Adventure coming in first and an F650GS and F800GS due to arrive in a few weeks time.

Also, parts ordering is now available but workshop is unfortunately still a few weeks away.

I shall post more info as soon as it exists...

Isn't the weather lovely btw?

ps. Plans are now up on the wall for the new Dealership building if anyone wants to have a nose...

Hi Paul

Would you give me a good trade in for a Harley?

:augie

So you can give me a price and delivery date on a K1300GT then!? :moped:

Unfortunately not! There is no confirmed price or launch date available as yet but I would expect the price to be not dissimilair to the K1200GT and we're probably looking at a Feb/March launch.

Hi Paul
I had an 1150GS from you at BlueBell in October 2007.
Now due for an MOT; can you do this, and also check electronics and fuel mixtures, plus check and balance throttle bodies at the same time please?

Hi Paul
I had an 1150GS from you at BlueBell in October 2007.
Now due for an MOT; can you do this, and also check electronics and fuel mixtures, plus check and balance throttle bodies at the same time please?

Hi Robin, (I'm guessing it's Robin from your username?)

Give me a call on 0151 373 4802 and I'll see what I can sort out for you.

Back
Top Bottom