Bike to Bike on Bluetooth !

Gabby

Reaction score
Scala Rider Q2

Just taken delivery – beats the Team Set and Rider by miles.

Pairs with up to 5 devises at once, has a built in FM radio and you get Bike to Bike!

Tested the Bike to Bike today. Works extremely well up to about ¼ mile no bother. Pure open line like a phone so no “over” needed. Held good conversation at very high speeds. Great with the GPS and Phone as well. Top quality with double speakers (stereo).

Full spec here:

http://www.cardowireless.com/Q2/specifications

Got the pair from the USA (over £100 cheaper and no tax!) from here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PAIR...ryZ34284QQihZ014QQitemZ330258096957QQtcZphoto

Pure open line like a phone so no “over” needed. [/url]
Do you mean both parties can talk at the same time (duplex)? sounds good if you can

edit,
Just read the blurb... 500 m range (full duplex) in wide open terrain, but only between 3 headsets

Do you mean both parties can talk at the same time (duplex)? sounds good if you can

edit,
Just read the blurb... 500 m range (full duplex) in wide open terrain, but only between 3 headsets

We found today that it never lost contact in town or country. 500m is far enough if your out with mates. Yes full Duplex (awesome).

3 is not an issue to us.

Yes - really very good. At last a good cable less system.

The standard Scala Rider that came with my TomTom Rider 2 died in the first drop of rain, the waterproofness of the units was/is a real big issue with them. I do hope they have it sorted with the new units..especially at that money!

Adie

The standard Scala Rider that came with my TomTom Rider 2 died in the first drop of rain, the waterproofness of the units was/is a real big issue with them. I do hope they have it sorted with the new units..especially at that money!

Adie

I sold my TomTom on eBay after owning it for two weeks....it too could not stand the rain or vibrations it was crap. Sorry if your the poor unsuspecting person that brought it from ebay.

Then went out and brought a Garmin Zumo 550 (2 years ago) and have used it until this week end with a Standard Scala Rider...all weathers all year round and no problems.

Now using it with the Q2 and expect just as good performance.

Don't forget that the £150 is for 2 units and I don't know where you can get that sort of deal with this sort of package anywhere.

I sold my TomTom on eBay after owning it for two weeks....it too could not stand the rain or vibrations it was crap. Sorry if your the poor unsuspecting person that brought it from ebay.

Then went out and brought a Garmin Zumo 550 (2 years ago) and have used it until this week end with a Standard Scala Rider...all weathers all year round and no problems.

Now using it with the Q2 and expect just as good performance.

Don't forget that the £150 is for 2 units and I don't know where you can get that sort of deal with this sort of package anywhere.

Nah twas not me that bought yours. Mine was new

I have the exact opposite findings to you though. First it was not the TomTom that failed it was the Scala headset and lots of back up on the net to support my experiences...guess you had an exceptional one.

I had a Zumo 550 for short period, never known a GPS get me lost before! The 550 was excellent at it! That thing was $hite. The tomtom is the best point to point GPS out there IMHO I have a Quest 1 ATM for mapping and thats better than the Zumo. Each to their own.

The Headsets sound good for getting rid of all the wires with the pesky Autocom, I would need good feed back on their performance in therain before buying in.

Adie

Just goes to proove that there all not the same!

I'll let you know how I get on with the Q2.

Been out in the rain most of today with a mate on Bike to Bike. Both of us have had no problems, no power drain and both have Zumo's!

Some early Zumo's had the odd glitch but software updates sorted that out....nothing as bad as a TomTom that leaked, re-booted itself when it wanted to and went where it wanted to!

Will come back to the forum with Q2 updates on use.

R

The unit on paper would cure all my woes over using the Autocom and have to admit it sounds very good.

I am a little dissapointed that they never see fit to put an 3.5 output jack for In Ear Monitors. Maybe some electrical spark could confirm if the speakers could be cut off and the ends wired into a 3.5 socket for use with Ultimate ear monitors?

Adie

Two units for £150, thats good value for money, even my mates might be interested in that! :D

Cheers mate!

The unit on paper would cure all my woes over using the Autocom and have to admit it sounds very good.

I am a little dissapointed that they never see fit to put an 3.5 output jack for In Ear Monitors. Maybe some electrical spark could confirm if the speakers could be cut off and the ends wired into a 3.5 socket for use with Ultimate ear monitors?

Adie

You know I think your right. I use Ultimate ear monitors as well and you can't beat their sound. I know Dave from Ultimate Ears (Director) and also know that you can get a spare Scala Head set and clamp for about £30. I'll ask him why can't he just chop off their speakers and wire on a set of his. If he can we have cracked it. I will email him now.

I'll get back to you on that one.:thumb

Two units for £150, thats good value for money, even my mates might be interested in that! :D

Cheers mate!

Make sure it's from the eBay link in the USA (see post above)...or you will pay through the nose for them in EU.;)

They get round the import duty as well:augie

You know I think your right. I use Ultimate ear monitors as well and you can't beat their sound. I know Dave from Ultimate Ears (Director) and also know that you can get a spare Scala Head set and clamp for about £30. I'll ask him why can't he just chop off their speakers and wire on a set of his. If he can we have cracked it. I will email him now.

I'll get back to you on that one.:thumb

Top Work :thumb

Adie

I Agree

Have recently purchased 2 x Q2 from same site. Good quality kit and £40+ duty waived. Am now working out how to Bluetooth music from Mrs Rider's ipod, to her helmet.

Quick question ...

... regarding the charging system. Is it 12v or from a domestic plug; the link you posted (now expired) states a free 12v charger included, their latest link doesn't . Just curious as to which is the 'standard' charging unit :nenau

I don't see any reason as to why lopping the speakers off would be detrimental..

I also use the UEP's.. i sold the autocom because the wires did my head in, i don't carry apillion very often now and bike to bike was too expensive to instigate when it was going to get a lot of use... sounds good for that money

Update:

Day 3 of use - absolutely fecking awesome - love them.

Had Radio 2 all the way to work. Used them at Lunch with my buddy - bike to bike for an hour and 50 mile ride home this evening. :thumb:thumb:thumb

PS - still on first charge!!!!

Ultimate Ear are coming back to me shortly about fitting their bits to it. Have already ordered a spare headset ready (from Hong Kong and only £14 - Good Old ebay)!!!!

:clap

Ive been looking at getting these for a bit. I'm currently using the cellularline interphone set. Its good but has limitations, the main one being that you cant have gps and paired to another unit at the same time. Ive read in the bumf of the q2 that you can have it paired to another unit and your gps and it will give you the gps instructions and then reconnect to the partner unit. Have you tried this and does it work? If it does then i'll be getting a set.

Back
Top Bottom