Luggage

yorkshire whippet

Reaction score
Picking up my 1150GS on Saturday (03 plate - Graphitan) after finally deciding to get rid of my Blade - makes more sense when I travel to Italy with our lass on our hols. Anyhow, I know this has probably been discussed before but does anyone have any definitive opinion on tank bags. At the moment I have an aging Oxford magnetic one which is coming to the end of its life. It's bloody good but I always found it a pain having to unfasten it and reposition it after filling up with petrol and no matter how careful you are, the tank at some point will enevitably get scratched if you use it a lot. For this reason I was considering a Bagster, can you get one to match the graphitan paint ?- I looked on the website but it doesn't actually list colours just shows a few pictures of varying shades of black. The other option was a touratech one - does the harness stay in situ when you remove the bag and do you have access to the filler cap?

The bike I'm getting is coming with panniers, but I want a topbox as well. After trawling this site it is apparrent that the Givi E52 is the most favoured - Does it come in black as standard (to match the bmw panniers) or do you have to specify this?.

Whippet, GIVI do a catalogue and Hein Gericke in either Leeds or Bradford have copies. I ordered one for my adventure on Friday last and it arrived Tuesday. They do full colour coded ones that didn't fade on my last GS. It doubles as a tank protector as well. Great bit of kit.
Givi boxes are black. I use an older 45 litre model and its great. Clean lines inside and with the Givi bag (extra £15ish) inside, it is very user friendly.
These'll be the first of many spending trips.

Baglux Baglux

Baglux Cover and Alpha bag, won't move even with 12 glasses and 4 bottles of wine in, over 200miles all back roads, excellent bits of kit.

Any one got an Alpha Bag (Black) for Sale

Gary "The Beast" Simon.

Gary

I've got a Bagster (same thing as Baglux?) in black but I don't know whether it's an Alpha. How do I tell? It's in good nick and spent a very happy life on an ST before I saw the light. Now I have a ridiculous BM one that looks like a hat box!

I can take a piccy if you like but can't post it until I've paid my sponsor subs, I think.

Whippet, I bought a Kappa (Givi copy I believe) 48Ltr top box from Rainbow & they fitted it for free after I walked in at 5.10pm!! Thats what I call service:clap

I then fitted the Touratech tank bag (VP45 I think). Expensive but excellent quality & you can get access to the tank cap. Fitting it was a bit of an experience - the copied instructions were useless. I've also bought some Kappa panniers, the frames are fitted but have yet to move the indicators to fit boxes.

Hope to attach an image for you on Saturday - before I ride out to the Peak District Meet at Hartington - as I think they look really good being black matching the bike.

Good luck :D

Jim

Join the Club

Mucky Helment, nice one.

Drop me an email, if Pic not too big, (Freeserve I think only allow 1mb)I'm on Broadband, so ok at my end.

Gary@r1100gs.freeserve.co.uk

Speak to you soon, Hope you like the forum, I'm addicted, never thought I would be, loads to look at and my wallet is a lot lighter!!

Gary.

Baglux Cover and Alpha bag, won't move even with 12 glasses and 4 bottles of wine in, over 200miles all back roads, excellent bits of kit.

I had 8 ltrs of Brandy and 3 kilo's of Golden Virginia and it sat there no problem, had to be careful getting off though.
Excellent kit.

Looks like the baglux is the way to go then, but can I get a tank cover in graphitan or do I just get black?

thanks to all for the response

And if you're interested...

I have an E52 Maxia for sale. Complete with stoplight and backrest. Comes with plastic baseplate, all you need is to get the specific metal plate for your bike (E189 if a standard 1150GS). If interested, send me a PM.

Thanks for the help to all. I'm going to order myself an anthracite harness on Monday and place a bid for one of the bags on ebay... as soon as I figure out how to register. Interested in the givi case too, pm to follow

pm

Paulf,

For some reason I don't seem to be able to send you a pm, don't know why, maybe I'm inept. Can you send me one and I'll get in touch?

Whippet

Tried to send you a PM - you're not allowed. Take a look under 'Sponsor' (top of page, under GS pic) to see how to get PM-enabled...

Back
Top Bottom