Plymouth Ferry to Santander - 17th September

See you guys there on the 17th ,3 bikes 1200 gt 1200gs 1200 gsa team lwd to the costa del sol !!

Crossing to Santander

See you guys there on the 17th ,3 bikes 1200 gt 1200gs 1200 gsa team lwd to the costa del sol !!

If the waether stays like it has been in North Wales over the last week, then it should make for an 'interesting' crossing across the Bay of Biscay !!!

There will probably be a few people this looking like this :eyesdown after :beer:

Just got back from Spain and France and used the Plymouth - Santander on theway down and St Malo - Portsmouth on the way back. The Plymouth ferry is very good and highly recommended (my sailing was nice and smooth!!) I also did the N260 (west to east) and you will not be dissapointed!! I will write up a report with a few other routes as well as where I stayed enroute over the next couple of days.

Have a good one!

Weather ?

Just got back from Spain and France and used the Plymouth - Santander on theway down and St Malo - Portsmouth on the way back. The Plymouth ferry is very good and highly recommended (my sailing was nice and smooth!!) I also did the N260 (west to east) and you will not be dissapointed!! I will write up a report with a few other routes as well as where I stayed enroute over the next couple of days.

Have a good one!

What was the weather like in the mountains ? - I've recently heard they have been experiencing big storms with snow & rain.

If you use the Pride of Bilbao, here's a little tip for you.....

USE INSECT REPELLENT BEFORE YOU SETTLE IN!!!

The bloody boat is riddled with fleas.....particularly the Silverstone bar area and the seats up there.....it got worse over last year and this year it hasn't improved- on my way back on that boat in June this year I got 9 bites in the first hour before I remembered to put some deet on :spitfire

What was the weather like in the mountains ? - I've recently heard they have been experiencing big storms with snow & rain.

Weather was very good on the routes I went on - certainly no snow or rain. It was pleasant high up and pretty hot lower down and in towns. I was wearing a normal all season textile jacket and a pair of BMW summer trousers (no vents in either) which was great most of the time but too hot when I got to Barcelona.

If you use the Pride of Bilbao, here's a little tip for you.....

USE INSECT REPELLENT BEFORE YOU SETTLE IN!!!

The bloody boat is riddled with fleas.....particularly the Silverstone bar area and the seats up there.....it got worse over last year and this year it hasn't improved- on my way back on that boat in June this year I got 9 bites in the first hour before I remembered to put some deet on :spitfire

Nice!!!! I don't know what the cost difference is between that and the Pont Avon (Plymouth-Santander) but it sounds like they are a world apart in terms of cleanliness. I thought the boat was spotless and very comfortable, much better than the other Brittany Ferries boat I used on the return leg from St Malo to Portsmouth. The crossing times (length and scheduling) were very good too - leave at around 4pm - have a few beers and something to eat - sleep - get up, have breakfast - dock at 12pm.

Anyone had problems with the way the Brittany Ferry crew strap down the bikes?

Anyone had problems with the way the Brittany Ferry crew strap down the bikes?

On the way down the bike was strapped down very tightly which creased the seat slightly even with the pad on top, but on the way back the strap was quite loose. I would not say that either points could be call issues though.:nenau

Back
Top Bottom