Plymouth Ferry to Santander - 17th September

RILLOM

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
There's a groups of us (5 bikes - 7 folks) leaving Plymouth for Santander on 17 Sept. Taking in the Picos & then down SE (ish) towards Cuenca - back up NE towards Pyrenees then riding E to W along the N260 & the back up through France (meeting another 3 bikes & riders) via the Dordoyne & the Loire - get back in the UK on 5 Oct.

Anybody else using the same ferry crossing ?

i had been looking to take this ferry, but i seem to be getting really expensive prices?!?!

what are you guys paying?

best i could get was £324 return. cabin on way out, recliner on way back

or is this a normal price?

be nice to travel with some others, so if i can get the ferry for a reasonable price i'll join you for the crossing.

i'm planning to ride down to Murcia

cheers

Graeme

i had been looking to take this ferry, but i seem to be getting really expensive prices?!?!

what are you guys paying?

best i could get was £324 return. cabin on way out, recliner on way back

or is this a normal price?

be nice to travel with some others, so if i can get the ferry for a reasonable price i'll join you for the crossing.

i'm planning to ride down to Murcia

cheers

Graeme

try www.nuttTravel.com
mine was £240 :thumb

seats

having never done a ferry crossing before, what are the recliner seats like?

are they just like airline seats, i cant sleep at all on them

cheers

G

having never done a ferry crossing before, what are the recliner seats like?

are they just like airline seats, i cant sleep at all on them

cheers

G

yes :thumb2
and it will save you money if traveling alone against a single cabin.:)

is ur £240 fare on the recliner seats?

i think i can suffer it for £240. might even end up on the floor.

i checked out that site, just waiting on them getting back to me! fingers crossed!

thanks again!

19th

Three of us are going out on the 19th portsmouth-Bilbao ferry for stooging about in the Pyrenees and back on the santander-plymouth one on 25th. It worked out at just over £300 with cabin both ways. Happy to meet for beers if anyone is on the same boats.

I looked at the Plymouth Santander crossing, but it didnt fit with my holiday dates. So I'm sailing from Portsmouth to St Malo on the 19th & riding to the Picos. Hoping to be there sometime on the 21st for 3 days before heading across the Pyrenees (918 &916) then North to Caen.

Cost of Ferries was £200 inc Cabin on way down & recliner on way back.

If you see a Blue ST 1300 2 up give me a wave.

Baz

We booked early this year - got it at £663.00 for 3 bikes & riders in 4 berth cabin. A good deal me thinks. Mind you we're not returning the same way, we will be catching the 00.01 ferry from Caen to Portsmouth on the night of 4 Oct.

A group of seven foks - 5 bikes consiting of

yellow 1200GS
blue/white 1150GS
silver 1200RT (if I remember correctly!)
& 2 pan ST1300

Introduce yourself if you see us

used the Plymouth Santander crossing couple of years ago
just booked a reclining seat there and back wasn't the best nights sleeps by a long way
few beers will help
seats don’t recline that far seem to remember it being cold as well
few people slept on the floor

I'm riding down on the 19th, expecting to spend all day riding in the Picos on Monday 22nd, then heading west to east along (mainly) the N260. I'll wave if I see you!

Robin

Where are you staying in the Picos?

Looks reasoanble until you start adding the cost of meals.

Looks reasoanble until you start adding the cost of meals.

It is well worth eating in the restaurant if anyone is using Brittanny Ferries. Superb food from £15.00, a much better deal than junk food from the cafes which usually end up costing the same. A group of us are sailing Plymouth/Santander 4th October, a couple of hours in the restaurant will help pass the evening away and be part of the holiday.

The recliners are OK but usually very noisy with pished up peeps sleeping on the floor snoring and others coming and going all night. In my experiance a cabin is worth the extra dosh.

Yorkshire Lads on Tour!

Rillon.....Yep, Yorkshire boys on that ferry :thumb2

10 bikes!

Tuono
SV thou
1098 S
FZ1
Gixer 6
Gixer thou
RSV Mille
KTM Adven
GT Beemer....

Oh and me....White GS Adv! know as "The Chair! :mmmm

Look out for us with "Team Duvet" stickers on :beerjug:

Rillon.....Yep, Yorkshire boys on that ferry :thumb2

10 bikes!

Tuono
SV thou
1098 S
FZ1
Gixer 6
Gixer thou
RSV Mille
KTM Adven
GT Beemer....

Oh and me....White GS Adv! know as "The Chair! :mmmm

Look out for us with "Team Duvet" stickers on :beerjug:

:thumb Will do ! See you there :thumb

There's a groups of us (5 bikes - 7 folks) leaving Plymouth for Santander on 17 Sept. Taking in the Picos & then down SE (ish) towards Cuenca - back up NE towards Pyrenees then riding E to W along the N260 & the back up through France (meeting another 3 bikes & riders) via the Dordoyne & the Loire - get back in the UK on 5 Oct.

Anybody else using the same ferry crossing ?

me and my other are on the same sailing, doing the "Ebbo" route to andora and then millau on route back through france to le harve.

Hman

Meeting up

me and my other are on the same sailing, doing the "Ebbo" route to andora and then millau on route back through france to le harve.

Hman

Maybe see you on the ferry, Hman :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom