February Meet!

gavinbell

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Back in the Carpathians... once bitten you never l
After a happy jaunt round the South of the Peak this morning with a good turn out and only one slightly embarressing moment, we have suggested a time date idea for Feb!

Saturday 28th February, meet up at the cafe at Calver Crossroads, calver in the Outside Shop at 1100, then have a jaunt round the the hope valley area, a run up past Ladybower ..(the road up the Valley is open on Saturady!) and lunch at the Strines Inn! There are a few nice tracks in the area for those so inclined.

Put in the diary...if the concensus agrees

Gavin...

Still very impressed by Mark's missus's reactions and quick hands! ;)

Spot on

Great ride out.... but now the bike looks like sh*t.... better go & clean it in that ford again. :D

That travel site we were talking about... Horizons Unlimited
... just had a look, still quite good.

Fates conspired yet again tp prevent me attending. I ended up looking at and buying a TDM for a mate who came up from Shropshire...must try harder

We'll be there.......

Trish and I will be there on the 28th Feb. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

We both agreed the saturday meeting was excellent and the food to. Spent Sat.night fitting AndyCam 'Y'piece, lots of modding required to the original B*w exhaust clamps. Spent Sunday cleaning of the salt and crap. :tigger

Is there room for a new GS owner from Nott's? I’d appreciate a chat with experienced owners and a ride out in the peaks would take me back to my climbing weekends in the 80's.

Every weekend was spent kicking around the peaks on an old XL185 and climbing on any limestone or gritstone outcrop we could find. I remember dossing down on Saturday nights in a wood yard in Stoney Middleton after drinking in the Moon pub (I seem to remember the most miserable landlord in the world running it!). Is the cafe still open?

I'll keep my eye on this thread to see if plans change.

Cheers.

Glad you had a great time... Gavin thanks for the B&B advise, Crookhill Farm was great:

Two good days walking, yesterday was a laugh up on Kinder Scout did my normal get lost and became obsessed with finding a path that's not there and then I topping the day off with:

Thinking I know better than my compass which meant when walking back from Kinder Downfall to Jacobs ladder I did'nt realise I was of track untill I was at the top of Grindsbrook.

Which was great as by now my Girlfriend (First intro to hill walking) was tiered, had hurt her knee and it was 4:15 and the car was parked at Upper Booth.

Well I suppose it's guys like me that keep mountain rescue in a job... luckly though, not yesterday. Good job she's also got a good sense of humor

whatton63 said:
Is there room for a new GS owner from Nott's? I’d appreciate a chat with experienced owners and a ride out in the peaks would take me back to my climbing weekends in the 80's.

Every weekend was spent kicking around the peaks on an old XL185 and climbing on any limestone or gritstone outcrop we could find. I remember dossing down on Saturday nights in a wood yard in Stoney Middleton after drinking in the Moon pub (I seem to remember the most miserable landlord in the world running it!). Is the cafe still open?

Cheers.

Whatton,

Of course you're welcome. You sound like you know the area where we're meeting, so see you then! There are plenty who come over from Notts way, and we let them in providing they behave themselves (you know who you are!)

I think the cafe's still open. Is it Lover's Leap - whenever I go past there are some mudpluggers parked up.

See you end of Feb.

Jamie

Thanks Jamie,

It's in my diary.

The new lad from Nottingham looks forward to meeting you all :bounce1

Hi ya Whatton63.

whatton63 said:

Cheers.

Hi ya, glad you've hooked up (now you're addicted). If you join us for a ride out you will be most welcome.

What model GS have you got? Look forward to meeting you next gathering on the 28th. Feb.:)

Thanks "Mechanic",

I've got myself a year 2000 R1150GS (Yellow) non ABS with 15K on the clock. I bit the bullet and decided it was the bike for me on Saturday, I've bought it from Baldstons in Peterborough and pick it up on the 7th of Feb. I've been fannying around for over a year deciding what I wanted from a bike and nearly got myself a Honda VFR, then I looked at the Varadero but I think sanity eventuly prevailed.

Cheers.:bounce1

Become comfortably numb in the Peaks...

Mind if a few of the Leics Possee mosy on up for a ride?

Lisa has family in Oughtibridge and Stalybridge, and has been promising me a tour of Ladybower ever since we met, sometime long, long ago in a previous century...

Seeing The Ozzy P. Floyd on the 27th, so I'll probably be humming Dark Side of the Moon all the way round!
You have been warned :)

Ride Safe,

Cogs n Lisa

feb meet

anything happening on the Sunday only i have to work on Sat 28th :eek:

Feb not meet

Oh ok ill potter about on my own or move to another area:tears

Now now, don't cry.

Take satdy off and come and join the fun.

Failing that, I'll probably be mooching around sunday morning - Maybe we could meet up fior brekfast somewhere.

Take care now

Jamie:D

Jamie said:
Failing that, I'll probably be mooching around sunday morning - Maybe we could meet up fior brekfast somewhere.

Take care now

Jamie:D [/B]

Cant get saturday off but will be in touch about sunday nearer the time:hapybnce:

boxerbeat said:
Cant get saturday off but will be in touch about sunday nearer the time:hapybnce:

Look forward to it.

You do know what you're getting into though?

Jamie

Jamie said:
Look forward to it.

You do know what you're getting into though?

Jamie
Works both ways wait til you see my 5'8" and 10 stone frame wobbling down the highway on my GS should keep you laughing for a few hours:jester

P'haps if it's raining we could stay indoors and have a dwarf tossing competition:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom