Meet before winter?

Hi Paul

Not sure about the M6 part :eek:

Also, one highlight of the area is the well known B645 which this route doesn't include. Have another go ;)

I'll see if I can do summat and offer two options and let the masses decide ;)

I'm just so feckin busy at present I haven't had the chance to bloody do anything :cool: Poor excuse, but true :rolleyes:

Thanks for the effort mate :D

Nobbs

Also, one highlight of the area is the well known B645 which this route doesn't include. Have another go ;)

I'm just so feckin busy at present I haven't had the chance to bloody do anything :cool: Poor excuse, but true :rolleyes:

Save you the trouble.;)

Attachments

• Trust me now.gdb
    130.6 KB · Views: 46
'Seek and you shall find' some geezer once said . Using Mapsource has never been east for me, I don't find it particularly intuative :(

Cheers Adam

Now just a little refinement and a date required :D

'Seek and you shall find' some geezer once said . Using Mapsource has never been east for me, I don't find it particularly intuative :(

Cheers Adam

Now just a little refinement and a date required :D

I was born on the route and lived on it until I joined the army.
Been riding it regularly ever since, mainly running rides for visordown and here.

There's a couple of short "links" but mostly the roads are sorted.
Even stuck a ford in for ya cos I am nice like that.;)

There's another at Sutton that is only a few hundred metres off route if ya fancy it. :)

Hi Paul

Not sure about the M6 part :eek:

Thanks for the effort mate :D

Nobbs

Yeah I love the St Neots to Wellingborough ish location is great, its just what do you pick up after that, so thought try the B660 a bit more,

On the other side the A507 from Buntingford is a great road to finish on coming back into Baldock.

Well just my try at a local route. Have stopped for other routes in Wellingborough at Buddies,

Paul

Here's some other routes I use for rideouts in the area:
Camb-Melton2.jpg

BaldocktoPostcombe.jpg

Coast09th.jpg

HBFBR.jpg

04thdec.jpg

20thnov.jpg

6thNov.jpg

Attachments

• 01-07-07.jpg
    01-07-07.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 71
  • 02ndJan.jpg
    02ndJan.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 71
  • 18-11-07 (Large).jpg
    18-11-07 (Large).jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 69
  • 27thFeb.jpg
    27thFeb.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 68
Save you the trouble.;)

Like the route,

perhaps a little long, only if some need to stop for petrol, not a problem on our bikes normally, but some i travel with do not get more than 150 to the tankfull.

would suggest a break stop at Perry grafham water, well done for taking in so many of the great roads,:):):thumb

I guess a date needs to go up, How about first sunday in October., best to have a couple of dates just in case the weather turns against us.

would be happy to tec if the date suits me.

Paul

Like the route,

perhaps a little long, only if some need to stop for petrol, not a problem on our bikes normally, but some i travel with do not get more than 150 to the tankfull.
It takes ten minutes to stop for fuel. :nenau

Hi Adam,

I guess you have not been watching the footy tonight,

well done for the time spend on the routes,

any chance of posting up the mapsourse versions, so i can download them,

Thanks,

Hi Adam,

I guess you have not been watching the footy tonight,

well done for the time spend on the routes,

any chance of posting up the mapsourse versions, so i can download them,

Thanks,

They are routes i have used in the past (pre GPS ownership) so i don't have mapsource of them.
I don't mind doing them for ya but it will take a while.
If there's any you really like the look of let me know and I will get them done first. :)

It takes ten minutes to stop for fuel. :nenau

Just been on a tour(18bikes) and a petrol stop was not less than 30 mins, fags come out, lids off etc, depends on how many need to fill up, How long the lunch stop and coffee stop is.

Not a concern to me, but some may not be able to give the whole day to a run.

Lets hope this gets off now so many have put some time into coming up with a route.

They are routes i have used in the past (pre GPS ownership) so i don't have mapsource of them.
I don't mind doing them for ya but it will take a while.
If there's any you really like the look of let me know and I will get them done first. :)

Do not worry, it was only if you had them on the system, can see the main roads, and numbers on your maps so can take some time myself to do it.

Thanks for the offer.:)

Just been on a tour(18bikes) and a petrol stop was not less than 30 mins, fags come out, lids off etc, depends on how many need to fill up, How long the lunch stop and coffee stop is.
It depends entirely on how the ride leader organises things.

If you make it clear before hand it's purely fuel/sneaky fag stop and not a half hour break then 10 mins, 15 tops is all it takes (unless you actually schedule a fuel stop and break together).

That and the balls to stand up and shout "c'mon, lets go.";)

Until Xmas when I moved to Hampshire for a couple of years I had been running rideouts in east anglia for nearly 10 years, mostly for visordown.com users and for 2004/2005 for the users of this site (ask Noddy, he remembers.;))

For about half of that time I ran rides every other weekend and ran at least 4 long weekend tours further afield (Yorks/Wales/Peaks etc) a year.
I think the least we ever had was 3, the most 40 and the average probably 10-15 bikes (do the math, it's a lot of rides).
Filling up was never an issue, because everyone knew the score beforehand.

If it was more than a fuel stop I let people know.

ALL those routes I posted up are easily doable with a 10 am start, and hour for lunch and a 3-4 pm finish.

Not a concern to me, but some may not be able to give the whole day to a run.
If people can't manage the whole route they leave where they need to. No big thing.

Lets hope this gets off now so many have put some time into coming up with a route.
Given a suitable date, I might even come up for a play. I miss home. ;)

Do not worry, it was only if you had them on the system, can see the main roads, and numbers on your maps so can take some time myself to do it.

A lot of them aren't even B roads tho. It is a GS site after all.:bounce1

I was bored....

5 to be going on with.;)

Attachments

• Baldock Beds back roads.gdb
    131.2 KB · Views: 36
  • Camb to corby glen.gdb
    120.1 KB · Views: 40
  • Comfort Cafe to Thetford.gdb
    108.5 KB · Views: 38
  • Comfort Cafe to Yoxford.gdb
    117.5 KB · Views: 37
  • Walkers Cafe to Norfolk coast.gdb
    93.1 KB · Views: 52
A lot of them aren't even B roads tho. It is a GS site after all.:bounce1

Thanks for doing all those routes,

Some of us are on the site but do not own a gs,;);)

I joined when i had a vtec, now have the rt,

Will wait and see when it is being planned for.

Thanks for doing all those routes,

Some of us are on the site but do not own a gs,;);)

I joined when i had a vtec, now have the rt,

Will wait and see when it is being planned for.
Ive ridden all the roads many many times on a ZX6R. They might be unclassified but they aren't unsurfaced. ;)

Only Sundays for me so the 5th and the 19th are fine ;)

We could call this the Farewell run Paul? Also, if you're gonna refine the route, are you ok to post it afterwards for download to Mapsource?

Thanks for the maps Adam, great help :thumb2

Nobbly

Only Sundays for me so the 5th and the 19th are fine ;)

We could call this the Farewell run Paul? Also, if you're gonna refine the route, are you ok to post it afterwards for download to Mapsource?

Thanks for the maps Adam, great help :thumb2

Nobbly

Which one did you want to have refined, 5th would be good for me,

Yes the Farewell would be a good idea, as we did not even have a welcome to the summer run,

Just let me know, I hope to get out and try the two routes that Adam has posted from Baldock start/finish

Back
Top Bottom