UK-gser, so where's the best of British section?

Trippy

How nice is this?

scrambler1.jpg

:cool:

Are you and Arsey in a competition for who can own a bike for the shortest time :D

In answer to your question, very nice indeed, but IMHO not as my main bike.

Andres

:thumb

356172340_JBpqY-M.jpg

My winter project is to make a few "GS" improvements to mine

I have a set of Metal Mule racks sat in the garage
20lt tank being made from here
http://www.thetankshop.com/
uprated fork springs
new rear shocks
fork brace

Maybe a Normal Hyde brake kit and engine upgrade

a couple of pics from ADV rider

IMG_1856.jpg

205264533-L.jpg

:
My winter project is to make a few "GS" improvements to mine

IMG_1856.jpg

I had a pm yesterday on another site saying you had one :thumb2

That picture is so good, wonder if that larger bash plate is a one off or available to buy.

I had Triumphs before the GS's and really like them.

Jim...have a read of Timolgra's old thread about them....I think the conclusion was something along the lines of style over funcion :)

Certainly looks nice though.......but I prefer the matt coloured street version they have (may not even be the same base bike, I just remember a pic from a BIKE mag ...I think it's still in the loo in the reading pile, I'll dig it out ;) )

I don't like it at all
looks lopsided and heavy :(
Besides it's got a fecking CHAIN driving the wheel :spitfire

I'd have one in my virtual garage :thumb

(but not on it's own)

I had a pm yesterday on another site saying you had one :thumb2

That picture is so good, wonder if that larger bash plate is a one off or available to buy.

I had Triumphs before the GS's and really like them.

IMG_1856.jpg

If your back won't cope with a 650 XChallenge..................then a Scrambler doing that will cripple you:nenau:bounce1

I think the conclusion was something along the lines of style over funcion

I think thats true to an extent and I bought mine as a Sunday afternoon bike based on looks alone. However whats impressed me is underneath the looks its a very capable bike and it makes me smile everytime I ride it

Stumpy

I don't like it at all
looks lopsided and heavy :(
Besides it's got a fecking CHAIN driving the wheel :spitfire

I'm getting more tempted by the hour :D

If your back won't cope with a 650 XChallenge..................then a Scrambler doing that will cripple you:nenau:bounce1

It ain't just the back thing with the XC it's just not me, and no I wouldn't be doing that on a Triumph just some smooth forest type trails whilst out exploring Ooh la la land on my holidays.

trump2-1.jpg

Triumph : the idea is nice...but the implementation needs work.

you'll be fed up after a month.

the rear shocks are super shite, the quality of the rest of the parts is 8/10 of bwm - at most.

mostly cheap Italian aftermarket boys roped in to mass production.

A takes more than a set of knobbly tyres to make a 'tuff' bike

Triumph : the idea is nice

the rear shocks are super shite

Yep the idea is nice and yep even the guy in the showroom suggested swapping them.
Price from Hagon for black rims wasn't too bad (considering the time saved cleaning chrome ones in the future) and the Triumph after market cans sound fabulous.
Engine casing life has apparently been made 100% better by ditching the laquered silver finish and switching to the black powder coating.

If they looked more like this i'd be happier, a lighter more purposeful machine altogether.

Attachments

• rickman5.jpg
    rickman5.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 72

Back
Top Bottom