HID50.com exclusive

Got mine

Les.... I got mine (via Thunder).

Sorry for changing my mind and asking for 50s after receiving 35s.... but the transformation on the 1150 is amazing.

Les.... I got mine (via Thunder).

Sorry for changing my mind and asking for 50s after receiving 35s.... but the transformation on the 1150 is amazing.

No problem mate, have the 35's back now, glad you are pleased with the 50's :thumb2

cheers les

got back from iraq sunday hids waiting. got the bike out of storage all good no leaks no flat bty started first time everthing as it should be

fitted my hids which i must say was very easy even for a ham fisted git like me took about and an hour all up very impressed with the whole thing.

took the bike out for a spin as the weather was very nice got back and noticed a spot of oil on the engine casing under further inspection the sum guard had about 4 tablespoons of very freash oil which appears to be coming from a seal towards the rear of the engine so bmw rang van turned up took bike away and waiting for a answer as we speak to see what the ther deal is.

got 3 weeks and home and have never been so pi**ed off

just hope bwm sort it out quickly

all happen after watching hitlers got the wrong bike hope he did not have it all right

but the hids are f*****g brilient

:robAl

this may be not the right place but i have had a bit of a bad week
last Saturday at St Leonards in Hastings @ 13.00 my very good mate said goodbye to his girlfriend & jumped on his bike and rode up the shops
he approached a y junction and came to a stop to wait for the traffic to clear
he is not moving - just waiting
with that a 76 year old OAP came down the road in a silver VW golf turned into the road on the leg of the y
ON THE WRONG ****IN SIDE OFF THE ROAD :mcgun :mcgun
and hit him head on
SHE ****IN KILLED HIM
she said she didnt see him :mcgun :mcgun :mcgun
Les fitted my lights 2 x 50w and 2 x 35w in the spots over a year ago - i ride with the dipped and 2 spots on all the time and this combo has saved my life so many times
PLEASE everyone do somthing that will make you stand out from the rest
you really do not stand out very much with those standard lights - you just sometimes at a quick glance look like the
right or left side of a car with its lights on
most people i know always say how bright or how good my lights are and how they always know its me cos my lights are so bright / different
which as you may have gathered is completly the opposite to what that OAP told the police
your life is worth a million times more than these lights - get them and if you are unsure how to fit them i am sure Les will do it or help
Take care
Gaz
Just come across this post whilst looking for some HID's. Was it dark? Did his lights need to be on?

Have a google for active light camofluage or diffused light camoflauge. Having your lights on, or even brighter isn't always the best way.

Anyway, back to these HID's, good are they? I might get myself some.

Just come across this post whilst looking for some HID's. Was it dark? Did his lights need to be on?

Have a google for active light camofluage or diffused light camoflauge. Having your lights on, or even brighter isn't always the best way.

Anyway, back to these HID's, good are they? I might get myself some.

I'll recommend them.:thumb2 The difference is huge. Here in Denmark we drive with light on all day (by law) and I have noticed that with my new HID I get more respect from cardrivers.:clap

I just looked on GSUK’er for Les’ details, as I need to pass them on- I read the post about the OAP killing someone. I can stress this strongly enough- my endorsement of a Wassell HID50 dipped headlight. I’ve had my light since January- it took an hour to fit. I have never had so much value out of an accessory, and believe me; I’ve fitted some crap to my bikes over the years! The difference it makes is fantastic- you will piss off other drivers, bikes as well as cars- you will full their car with white light when you are behind them- they will go for their dipped mirror, some will not even realise they have a dipped mirror and just shade it with their hands- the light will not blind motorists coming towards you- it may make them occasionally flash you, but that’s no more than when BMW cars started fitting HID lamps.
I do 100 miles a day return on the M20- if you make this trip, you will see me- guaranteed! One 50 watt HID kit- no more- Sorry mate, I didn’t see you’- DONE

mark-up

The ballasts are a bit chunkier, but if the space is there fitting them's no prob.

Maybe cos there's no British price mark-up.....?

Feedback is certainly summat to take into consideration when buying anything through ebay, but as the seller has nearly 9000 sales (not all lighting) the feedback looks good enough for me.

Here's a cut and paste of his ratings:-

Recent Feedback Ratings (last 12 months)

1 month 6 months 12 months

Positive 1095 3962 8270
Neutral 5 25 55
Negative 12 42 69

Feedback is certainly summat to take into consideration when buying anything through ebay, but as the seller has nearly 9000 sales (not all lighting) the feedback looks good enough for me.

Here's a cut and paste of his ratings:-

Recent Feedback Ratings (last 12 months)

1 month 6 months 12 months

Positive 1095 3962 8270
Neutral 5 25 55
Negative 12 42 69

Maybe so, but most of the seller's recent feedback concerns lighting products, and the problems reported by dissatisfied customers are enough for me to go somewhere else.

I know ebay is far from perfect, but experience has shown me that if the seller's feedback is anything other than 100%, I should look elsewhere. I will be upgrading to HIDs at some point, but I'll be buying from a seller whose feedback on this site is well proven.:D

YMMV, of course!

Back
Top Bottom