1150 GS/A Spotlight mounting Bar

ALL

am putting myself in the care of the NHS on Monday 13th sept to have the long awaited surgery on my back....

this fecking thing growing where it shouldnt be.. has kept me off my bike and made me suffer beyond belief all summer

needles to say i wont be sorting any lightbar orders this week....:D

will be back soon, hopefully back to what passes for "normal".. for me:D

seeya soon

how much

(David)

thats it you go and lye on a bed all week being cared for ! :augie
but any tosser wanting a light bar will have to wait :(
youngsters of today :nenau
hope it all goes well :comfort

Hi, how much hope all goes well mate. Just found the link for the spotlights bar would be interested in getting one if you have any left thanks. P S get well first.:comfort

Hi, how much hope all goes well mate. Just found the link for the spotlights bar would be interested in getting one if you have any left thanks. P S get well first.:comfort

hi
many thanks, i am back in the land of the living! please feel free to order..

please use private message or email to dwbakerdg@blueyonder.co.uk

thanks

David

you still alive :augie
hope it went well :comfort

you still alive :augie
hope it went well :comfort

thanks Ash

early days yet! i do of course now feel worse and hurt at least twice as much as i did before the operation! :blast

its a bugger deciding if to take Pain killers or wine......:thumb

cheers... i will try the wine tonight.. (again)

hm

thanks Ash

early days yet! i do of course now feel worse and hurt at least twice as much as i did before the operation! :blast

its a bugger deciding if to take Pain killers or wine......:thumb

cheers... i will try the wine tonight.. (again)

hm

keep taking the meds ;)
i might wan't another light bar as i sold mine and have another 1150 now :blast
:beerjug:

keep taking the meds ;)
i might wan't another light bar as i sold mine and have another 1150 now :blast
:beerjug:

Ash...

a 10% discount awaits you as a "returning customer"

bollox:blast i knew i should have opted for the Tramadol........:D

hm

Hi great to here you are back on you feet well almost ha ha think you will find that the tramadol and wine works best P S i never said that:augie

hi

postage to Finland...

full autoswitch kit £105 posted
full on/off switch kit £85 posted
lightbar & fittings £40 posted

you can pay by paypal or Iban money transfer:thumb

hope this helps

hm

Hi great work and i'm interested in one of those "full on/off switch kit" for a 1150 GS ... but (there is always a but) i'm in Spain so how much it will cost me ??

Thanks in advance for the info.

Hi great work and i'm interested in one of those "full on/off switch kit" for a 1150 GS ... but (there is always a but) i'm in Spain so how much it will cost me ??

Thanks in advance for the info.

hi ilegal

prices to Spain same as Finland

please email me at dwbakerdg@blueyonder.co.uk to place your order

thanks
David

had quite a few messages asking "what do i get? is it difficult to fit?"

so here are a couple of pics that best answer those questions...

the kit! this is how your kit will arrive..

DSCF2703.jpg

this is the standard "on/off switch" version, what you see is how it arrives, the black and red wires connect to the battery, the blue wire from the on/off switch connects to the back of the headlight! thats it!

the wiring diagram..

DSCF2700.jpg

shows how its all wired and where to connect the 3 wires too using the bikes existing wiring colour code.

the switch..
DSCF2708.jpg

its stainles steel and "marine grade" with a waterproof rubber boot,designed for use on boats, its as ugly and as robust as a simple on/off switch can be... well i have never had one back so it cant be all bad!

the lights are the "Ring ice blue" 55w H3 halogen (not the cheap Chinese copy version) and are really bright "driving lamps" not fog lamps!

DSCF1712.jpg

not just about seeing where you are going but an outstanding addition for "being seen"....... these mount just about at the same height as your average cars door mirror:thumb the two screws and spacers supplied simply replace the two screws that hold your oil cooler in place under the bikes beak

hope this helps with some of the many queries of recent

thanks
hm

Just recieved my lighting kit this morning, absolutly brilliant really well put together and simple to install. I would have no hesitation in recomending this to anyone.:clap

That wiring diagram looks confusing to me - as far as I can tell, the PIAA switch switches the relay coil either to the headlamp or to earth. If that's right, the diagram for the switch should have the coil connection coming in one side, and the two switched wires on the other side, as follows

Code:
          o--- Earth (off)
         /
Relay---o

o--- Headlight (on)

As it stands, anyone who is used to dealing with switches will be wondering why the live headlamp connection should be connected to earth when the switch is on :eek

That wiring diagram looks confusing to me - as far as I can tell, the PIAA switch switches the relay coil either to the headlamp or to earth. If that's right, the diagram for the switch should have the coil connection coming in one side, and the two switched wires on the other side, as follows

Code:
          o--- Earth (off)
         /
Relay---o

o--- Headlight (on)

As it stands, anyone who is used to dealing with switches will be wondering why the live headlamp connection should be connected to earth when the switch is on :eek

there is always one!

yes i posted the wrong diagram! i originally supplied the PIAA Iluminated switch the extra ground wire shown was for the bulb in the switch:blast

i no longer provide that switch as at £30 each :eek: it just wasnt viable

the correct wiring diagram for the set-up i now sell is...

DSCF2732.jpg

sorry for the confusion!

hm

Glad to be of service.

The new diagram and info makes sense - I was still trying to work out why you would want to earth both sides of the relay coil when the relay was off!

Hi David,
Do you have any kits available for an 1100 (switch version)?
cheers
Matt

Hi David,
Do you have any kits available for an 1100 (switch version)?
cheers
Matt

Yes!

price and spec is same as for 1150gs:thumb

note 1150 kit will not fit 1100 and vice-versa, different bar and fittings

David

Back
Top Bottom