1150 GS/A Spotlight mounting Bar

I bought one of your light kits a few months ago and am really pleased with it.
However I was in Austria a couple of weeks ago and encountered enough rain one day to warrant building an ark and one of the lights is now holding water.
I've tried to ease the lens off but am wary of causing damage but I'm keen to clean/dry it out and re-seal with a touch of silicone.
Is there a knack to taking off the lens?

Kind Regards

Steve

Steve

lens is bonded into the housing and should not be removed. try removing the backplate (2 screws) and remove the bulb... you could then dry out the lamp with a hot air gun/hairdryer.
re-seal the lamp putting a smear of vaseline on the rubber gaskets and it should be fine... do not overtighten any of the screws as this will distort the gaskets:thumb

How much

all

am away on my jollies for the next week so won't be responding to requests for lightbars and kits

sorry guys, have a few outstanding requests from this week that have not yet resulted in firm orders..

please continue with your requests/orders i will pick them up next Saturday 03/10/09 if thats ok

i do have stock so response times are quick from placement of order:thumb

thanks

David (how much)

Steve

lens is bonded into the housing and should not be removed. try removing the backplate (2 screws) and remove the bulb... you could then dry out the lamp with a hot air gun/hairdryer.
re-seal the lamp putting a smear of vaseline on the rubber gaskets and it should be fine... do not overtighten any of the screws as this will distort the gaskets:thumb

How much

Thanks How Much

I'll give that a go tonight.

Regards

Steve

update 13.10.09

spotlight baracket and fittings are £30 posted

DSCF1247.jpg

with regard to 1100GS 1150GS and 1150GSA model Aux lighting kits..

DSCF1550.jpg

DSCF1190.jpg

the spec. of the Aux lighting kit has changed slightly as i can no longer get the PIAA switches (importer wont bring any more in). the change is to the switch being offered in the kit. everything else is the same, relay, fuse, lamps etc.

so i can supply either two options for you...

1, a fully wired set-up using a high quality marine grade waterproof toggle switch. this is easy to wire, but you have to find somewhere to mount the switch.
this i can supply for £75 posted UK (paypal)

note lower price than previous kit

or

2, a fully wired kit using the Nippy Norman "Autoswitch" this uses the indicator cancel button to turn the aux lights on/off by pressing and holding the cancel switch. a little bit more complicated to install but no switch mounting problem.
this i can supply posted UK for £95 (paypal)

both set-ups are fully wired and ready to install with instructions

(also available for 1100:thumb)

thanks

David

1150 GSA Package

Hi David,

Are you still making the spotlight packages for the 1150 GSA......the £75 kit?
I am desperate to fit some lamps....I ride B roads to work every day and need some illumination!

Many thanks,

Rob

Hi David,

Are you still making the spotlight packages for the 1150 GSA......the £75 kit?
I am desperate to fit some lamps....I ride B roads to work every day and need some illumination!

Many thanks,

Rob

Hi Rob

yes you can order a kit, have sent you a Private Message with payment details

thanks

hm

How much,

Do you still have light bar or kits for R1150GSa available? I'm interested. Can you send to Finland? Could you email me : mikko.kettunen at gmail.com

Thanks!

How much,

Do you still have light bar or kits for R1150GSa available? I'm interested. Can you send to Finland? Could you email me : mikko.kettunen at gmail.com

Thanks!

Yes, i have kits available

Yes i will mail to Finland

i will check shipping cost and email you with price

thanks

hm

How much,

Thanks!

hi

postage to Finland...

full autoswitch kit £105 posted
full on/off switch kit £85 posted
lightbar & fittings £40 posted

you can pay by paypal or Iban money transfer:thumb

hope this helps

hm

light bar. any left

i,d like to get one for my 1150 gsa. please let me know if you have any left or are getting any? how much?

HM,

The lamps are now fitted and are brilliant - fantastic value for money and a top service.

Thank you

Rob

Lightbar arrived today, thanks for the quick service.

Nice piece of kit, simple and light weight, does what its supposed to at a good price.

Thanks. :)

Thanks for supplying a quality product, finally got them fitted last
weekend. Have not had the chance to try them on the road yet though.
Thanks again.
:thumb2

slight price increase.... really sorry

lightbar only.......... £30 (no change)

on/off switch kit .... £75 (no change)

autoswitch kit...... £100 (slight increase)

this is for mainland uk posted

thanks

Hi H M

You have a PM..

Dark nights and crap on the roads...Need 1 asap..

PS...Should have mentioned its for an 1150...

Cheers Andy:troll2:beer:

Thanks to my customers

a Big thankyou to everyone that has purchased light bars and full aux light systems off me in 2009:thumb

i have shipped all over the world this year,Austria, Belgium, Portugal, Denmark, France, Holland, Spain, Jersey, Canada... thats a long way!, yep, sent one to Australia and you cant get much further away from here than that:D

i cant remember all the places but its been really "International"

sorry i had to raise the prices a wee bit... we can thank the world banks for that:blast

a steady year despite all the doom and gloom

thankyou and have a nice Christmas and a great New Year!!

David in Belgium.... yours goes in the post Monday morning:thumb

all light kits delivered and only one lost cheque for the whole year
:clap:clap:clap:clap

thanks
David

Thank you for the fast shipping.

Have a nice Christmas and a great New Year!!

Back
Top Bottom