Scotland 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love to join you all, ive got a half term in may and no flexibility. Any dates confrimed as Yet?
R

Sorry for the delay in replying...just back my hols :Motomartin

The date is the 24th April 2009 for approx a week, this can move a couple of days either way but thats it i'm afraid....hope that helps:thumb

You'll be passing my door as you come through Fettercairn so I will get the kettle on if you need a bew before you head over the Cairn 'O' Mount.

If I'm home that is!!

Thanks Dogs

Thanks for the dates mate, im off in the weeks before that and back to work on the 21st it seems. I will watch with anticipation and may get a lap in before you go. cheers Rowan

Thanks for the dates mate, im off in the weeks before that and back to work on the 21st it seems. I will watch with anticipation and may get a lap in before you go. cheers Rowan

Sorry you won't be able to make it Rowan....you never know what might happen between now and then right enough....someone might swap days off for you:nenau In failing that, you could always meet up for a brew at the Tartan Terrors house....I believe there will be Jaffa Cakes:D

Did someone say Jaffa Cakes!!!

Sorry for my recent absence Charlie, had a lot on at work. All my exams/tests etc. now finished! :JB:JB

Should be OK for 29th April, but will finally confirm at the start of January.

Looking forward to it already, especially the North East as I havn't been there for a while. Have a few contacts for B&B in Fortwilliam and Ullapool if that helps.

Hi all
Complete stranger here - is this open to anyone as I quite fancy a ride round Scotland on my GSA?
I was only thinking the other day that I must plan a trip up that way next year.
Cheers
Rob

I'm 2 miles from Lower Largo (in the Fife part of your route) and in fact, you'll ride past my house (well 400 yards north of it) so it would be amiss of me not to invite yous to stop off at Schloss Ronno for coffee and biscuits (just a Rich Tea one mind you) :beerjug:

howdy guys.

could you let me know once dates are confirmed? i might not be able to do the whole trip (busy time of year to get off) but could deffo join for a couple of days on your leg up from edinburgh (house is ~2 miles from the M90 / 6 miles from south queensferry)

definitely interested in at least joining for that part :)

Hi all
Complete stranger here - is this open to anyone as I quite fancy a ride round Scotland on my GSA?
I was only thinking the other day that I must plan a trip up that way next year.
Cheers
Rob

Hey Rob,

Sorry for the slow reply, been changing internet providers and always have problems setting these things up on the computer!!:hack

You will be very welcome if you wanted to come, the more the merrier as they say:thumb

Charlie

howdy guys.

could you let me know once dates are confirmed? i might not be able to do the whole trip (busy time of year to get off) but could deffo join for a couple of days on your leg up from edinburgh (house is ~2 miles from the M90 / 6 miles from south queensferry)

definitely interested in at least joining for that part :)

Like I said....the more the merrier, everyone and anyone can jump in and out of this trip, thats the beauty of it, but bring Jaffa cakes as the forfiet for not completing the 4 compass points :p

Charlie

I'm 2 miles from Lower Largo (in the Fife part of your route) and in fact, you'll ride past my house (well 400 yards north of it) so it would be amiss of me not to invite yous to stop off at Schloss Ronno for coffee and biscuits (just a Rich Tea one mind you) :beerjug:

Arse on bike and join us Ronno, come see this bonny land of oors! :thumb

Hmm, just how many jaffa cakes?

I'm wondering if fuel and accomodation might cost me less :D

Like I said....the more the merrier, everyone and anyone can jump in and out of this trip, thats the beauty of it, but bring Jaffa cakes as the forfiet for not completing the 4 compass points :p

Charlie

I may be intersted but as you may or may not know.... I do not own a GS yet nor do I own A BMW but a GS is my next investment.

Will this make it a problem as I cant go offroad unless this trip is all roads anyway

More than welcome Stealth, there will be a number of different makes and models there, from customs to enduro. Make the route fit the bikes not the bikes fit the route!

I would like to join you -m just need to check dates re Knockhill.

Last two years have done 2.4-3k meandering around Scotland on GS 1150. Next year will be on a Pan!! Sorry. Brother also has a cafe/ restaurant in Jedbrough so if anyone want to meet there thats can be arranged.

Cheers.

J

Hi everyone,

Hope you all had a good Christmas, i've had a couple of enquiries again with regards to definite dates and numbers. The 24th April is the definite date we will be meeting at the Green Welly Shop in Tyndrum and starting the journey from there. We will arrange rendezvous points on-route for those who wish to meet up elsewhere.

People can jump in and jump out of the trip at their convenience, I hope to get a dozen or so people willing to do the complete trip, it might be a little more harrowing to organise digs and stops for a bigger group so i've been advised.

I think there are about 7 committed already between this forum and other sources. I'm going to close the door on the main group at the end of January or when I have the number we need whichever comes first so I can start organizing digs and get sponsor forms to you all.

Have a great New Year, any more questions and pm me.

Charlie

Sorry everyone,

As Dakar pointed out, we have discussed changing the start date to the 25th of April instead of the 24th, it was thought to be a good idea because it starts the trip for everyone on a Saturday and finishes on the long May weekend.

So just to confirm, we will start the journey from the Green Welly shop at Tyndrum on the 25th of April. Times will be confirmed later.

I'm looking forward to looking at stop overs now, and sorting accommodation, so everyone should get a lot more info soon. I will also be looking for email addresses for anyone confirming they want to come so that I can email sponsor forms this month.

Cheers

Charlie

Charlie,
Read through posts and delighted to say I'm in. Please put me down for 1 place regardless of accomodation camping b&b etc etc.

looking forward to it already .... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom