Scotland 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi mate,
Must confess have not been chasing sponsors at this juncture. I'm off to Italy tommorrow and intend to muster some pennies on my return. Still looking for a new tent - mind you, by the time I've paid for new tyres for my pick up, I'll be sleeping under bushes:blast Need to get some miles in on the bike - get the backside acclimatised once again.:thumb

sponsership

All on schedule for the 25th :aidan
Booking the bike in for a service shortly, and fitting some new panniers (ardcases)

Going to start on the sponsership in March...

Charlie do you want this beforehand or after... sure you don't want it during the trip.

Roll on the 25th:beerjug::beerjug:

Charlie,
Dakar has just reminded me- I will forward the sponsorship form & money prior to going on the trip. I will pm you closer to the day.:thumb2
Regards

JKM

Just bring the sponsor sheet and cash on the trip and i'll get it then, just wanted to check that no one was having problems.

Have fun in Italy Kev:thumb

Got the bike service on Tuesday myself....ouch:eek:

Ireland 2009

Any of you lot up for a 7 day run around Ireland in September?? :aidan I've sorted a route out but still unsure if it's what I want to do, might go across the channel instead :nenau Wully has left to go around France today and he's planted the seed in my head now. Booked the time off work already so will defo be heading somewhere so thought I would ask to test the water so to speak.

Charlie

Ireland vs France

Charlie

Might be up for the ireland thing in Sept... we`ll see how the "camping" goes in April :beerjug:

I fancy going to France, and Scotland is like a trial run :thumb2 Planning on Spain (Picos) and France for 2010 :eek:onyack (good roads, good food, good beer etc etc :beer:)

Hi all :aidan
just cancelled my trip to Marocco in april/may :tears and b/coz i was planning to go to Scotland in October thinking now go with you,whether isn't too late.I have been in Scotland last year by car and get 1k miles and i love it to go there again. I love camping and adventure,got 1200GSA,nationality czech rep. :D Dates suits for me well,maybe can stay even longer.... Please let me know whether can jump on board.... :beer:

just cancelled my trip to Marocco in april/may :tears and b/coz i was planning to go to Scotland in October thinking now go with you,whether isn't too late.I have been in Scotland last year by car and get 1k miles and i love it to go there again. I love camping and adventure,got 1200GSA,nationality czech rep. :D Dates suits for me well,maybe can stay even longer.... Please let me know whether can jump on board.... :beer:

Welcome aboard Martas :thumb

Martas

There a couple of us booked on the 0725 ferry ex Belfast (stenna) on the 25th, if you fancy meeting up :aidan

Martas

There a couple of us booked on the 0725 ferry ex Belfast (stenna) on the 25th, if you fancy meeting up :aidan

Are you going from Belfast or from Larne? I checked already ferry from Larne 25th at 7.30am but didn't book yet.

Are you going from Belfast or from Larne? I checked already ferry from Larne 25th at 7.30am but didn't book yet.

Stenna from Belfast... best prices is from Nutt Travel :thumb2 (0725 i think)

Stenna from Belfast... best prices is from Nutt Travel :thumb2 (0725 i think)

So you'll go from Belfast to Stranraer in Sat.25th at 7.35 am i right?
I got the price from Larne to Cairnryan the same day £79 return. What price
did you pay?

Whats the possibility of a couple of Welsh tossers joining the venture at this late juncture ?

Stewart

Last edited:
Whats the possibility of a couple of Welsh tossers joining the venture at this late juncture ?

Stewart

Don't see a problem at all, we still have room for 4 more on the Cape Wrath barge anyhow!:thumb Be nice to fill it, never seen a barge topple over with 20 tossers on it:eek:

Familiarise yourself with this thread and it's accompanying ones, pay particular attention to the first thread which explains the sponsor obligation, the accommodation thread which will tell you our planned stop overs (including the ones you need to book yourselves), and the cape wrath option :blagblah

If you are happy that you want to commit then send me a pm with your details.

Charlie:thumb

So you'll go from Belfast to Stranraer in Sat.25th at 7.35 am i right?
I got the price from Larne to Cairnryan the same day £79 return. What price
did you pay?

I'm booked on the 0725 from Belfast to Stranraer on the 25th and the reverse at 0950 on the 2nd. £79 total from Nutt.

Responsiblity on ride outs

There is a very good thread that's been put up by HRH :bow on the Scotland thread that I think may have relevance on any ride out...take a look

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178391

That said....how does everyone feel about a drop off system :nenau

http://boreenrun.ie/dropoff.php

If you had the time to read the thread from the first link above you'll see that I am open to considering one, although I think it deflects away from the whole freedom of just riding!!

I am however just like everyone else on this run....another tosser going for a ride oot, that said, i'm not that keen on making a pleasurable ride out with good company too complicated!!

On runs I have found that people find their own pace and groups form as a result, which is great as that way no one rides alone and we'll all meet up on-route at some point.

A drop out system for me doesn't seem that practicle when there will be inevitible smoke stops for some, photo taking for others and those who fancy a blast and so want to push on!!

My suggetion (for what it's worth) is find a buddy for safety reasons, keep an eye on your buddy and meet up for lunch:cool:

What do you think:nenau

Hi Charlie,
yer.... this is a bit if a difficult one :blast

Have been on several day rides using the drop off system which usually work well after a few teething problems with new riders etc etc .... guess it depends what we're all comfortable with ....

I'm happy to adopt the drop off system .... but think it might be a tad regimented for the whole trip:( so maybe your suggestion of a buddie or buddies would work well, but then again it would also be nice to keep the group together as much as possible...... so maybe a mixture is the answer :nenau

As long as we all know where were going that day and plan to meeting for lunch stops etc etc and each person (or a buddie) have a loaded sat nav (or maps) things should turn out OK. :D

Will we be going through (or stopping) at applecross as seen on the monty hall series BBC2 on sunday evenings at 9pm as it looks stunning!!! :clap

tent, sleeping bag and roll mat already out the loft and squinting at the first daylight in three years:eek:

counting down the days !:thumb

Drop off system comment

Ran drop off for several years as lead, tail or just punter. It works well on it's own but a lot of us (say 6 or 7 out of 12 or more bikes) also had radios. You don't need that many but one at the front and one at the back helped avoid confusion, especially in a town where it may not be easy to drop someone safely in plain site. Another situation where they helped was if the group got real strung out and someone had a problem in the middle or near the back.

The other point I would make where you have group who do not know each others bikes is that it helps to have some way to easily identify lead and tail (not a prob when you are the only gs with jap bikes :D

Will we be going through (or stopping) at applecross as seen on the monty hall series BBC2 on sunday evenings at 9pm as it looks stunning!!! :clap

Thanks for the comments! Aye, we will be going through Applecross:thumb We'll be leaving Gairloch and going through the pass of the cattle (Applecross road) on-route to Skye, we've got time that day to explore:thumb2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom