Spending spree today.

andy leett

Reaction score
Bought my GS last May paid £9500 for it,have tried to do a deal to upgrade to an ADV cost £9600.The garage want £3300 to change. I thought these things didn't depreciate that badly,anyway have decided to keep bike.
That was thismorning,thisafternoon I had a spending spree and bought a Remus can,new hand guards, hard part, sump extention, engine bars.

Almost forgot booked BMW Off-Road-School.

I feel a lot better now

P.S Nick Plumb said he'd send me the new catologue so I could spend even more. :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin

Almost forgot booked BMW Off-Road-School

Now YOU WILL enjoy that!

:beerjug:

So it was you that made the share price flutter -------------

don't it make ya feel good

:D

BAKERMAN said:
Best 2 days I`ve ever had, lunch was SHIT.

Ill fill up my panniers with sarnies from my Cafe and sell them to everyoe else there then, might make enough to cover cost of course.

Wondered what had happened to you ;) been saving up then, go on then, which dealer did you go to? :cool: :D Not following you again, too deafening :p

rcc54 said:
Wondered what had happened to you ;) been saving up then, go on then, which dealer did you go to? :cool: :D

If I tell you which dealer youl only "Go off one one about them again"

Not following you again, too deafening :p

As for following me, as I'm about to start my Advanced Rider Instruction course it'l be me following you, that's if I can catch you off course.

P.S its about time we had a ride out.

Nice one, Andy

I won't be chopping my bike in for several years if the dealers intend to take the piss in this manner. Buying lots of goodies is the far cheaper (and more satisfying) option.

Bought that Zega top box btw. Had a freakin great dent in it so I now await a replacement.

Did you have to drill holes in yours?? Bloody cheek, I reckon. Germans, eh.

Dont worry Dave

you can borrow mad mountain mans assault rifle if you havent got a drill:shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :D

Yes had to drill the holes.

The box fell off the other day,not shure if it can be repaired.
Touratech make many nice things but they can't make Alloy boxes,thank God for Vern.

talking of retail therapy & spending sprees

Andy your "disease" is catching.........................
Been having a bit of a spend myself,
Got a few "bits" to fit to the bike-Navigator,wide tails,RS inlet tubes,thinking about a set of loud horns and some additional lighting next,oh and might even swap the gearbox oil for some fully synthetic-been getting good reviews on here,and.....................................and........................................................and :rolleyes:

Remus arrived yesterday afternoon,fitted it today EXELLENT should have done it sooner,luuverly sound.

Andy,

So which dealer offered you the dirty deal then, come on lets name and shame.

So which dealer offered you the dirty deal then, come on lets name and shame.

Paul,
I don't think it make a lot of difference which dealer you go to, the fact is that B*w not depreciating is just a myth. I was told by CW's that high milage didn't make any difference, the sales guy then comes wandering back into the showroom shaking his head and muttering "well......It's done a lot of miles hasn't it?" I just smiled and walked away.:confused:

oh yes im not alone in realising the bmw non depreciation myth is....a myth......!!!!!! me is happy

the dealers suck you dry when you buy the bike, get the bike serviced and then they apply the mortal wound when you come to change the old girl in.

the remedy? vote with your feet. buy another make at least 3 k cheaper which you can then spec up to your hearts content far more cheaply too!

for a bike thats meant to be all world conquering, the amount of mods you have to apply to it for that job is laughable. and lets face it, who is really gonna make a 10k+bike into an off road tool?

nearly all our gs's stick to tarmac. those that do go off road tend to be ridden by master pavey etc. gotta say bmw must laff their sox off at what we have paid for these machines and, lets face it, a lotta people will continue to do so...mind you, my rant has made me feel better
:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom