If you went to Lumb Farm, don't read this!

Travelling Sam

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Or more appropriately, you won’t need to read this! Particularly if you went to the loo at the weekend – we know that someone did! And while I’m writing, apologies to the UKGSer who was miffed at me for not sticking up more excerpts from Under Asian Skies.

Firstly though, a big thank you to Les from Traveldri-Plus for inviting me to come and book sign on his stand. Also to Bryn for all the organising, and for letting me graffiti the toilet walls! I really enjoyed the chance to meet some of the people whose posts I see all the time, and don’t Angela, Vinnie and the crew do a great job at making people welcome.

But onwards, the reason I’m posting now, for those of you who couldn’t make it to Lumb Farm, is that I would like to invite UKGSers to come to the Ace Cafe on November the 1st from 2-7pm to the launch of my new book – Distant Suns.

Distant Suns takes you through Southern Africa and then across to South and Central America. We’ve got loads of pen and ink drawings throughout the book, and 40 colour images. In this book I’m travelling with Birgit, who quite a few of you know. If you’ve read Into Africa and Under Asian Skies then you’ll know that disaster seems to follow me around but that every time something goes wrong, something amazing happens! Nice to have a guardian angel, even if she does scoot off for a siesta from time to time!

There are pics and excerpts from Distant Sun on the website www.sam-manicom.com

This will be the first chance to snag a signed copy and it should be a fun afternoon. Some of you already know of Steve McGill, but for those of you who don’t he’s a very skilled acoustic rock singer songwriter. He’s coming along to the launch and will be showcasing his brand new album.

You’ll also have the chance to meet the team, which is something that doesn’t happen very often at a book launch. The editor, designer and proofreader will be there and happy to chat.

And we will be having a raffle in aid of Motorcycle Outreach. A fantastic cause and I’m delighted to have the chance to help raise some loot for them. The prizes are beginning to stack up now. Avon, for example, have given a voucher for a set of tyres! And Motorworks a £50 voucher. BMW, Touratech, Traveldri-Plus, Horizons Unlimited have all promised prizes so far.

If you are a business and would like to donate a prize for a great cause, and get some publicity at the launch, please do contact me.

Finally, if you can’t make it to the launch on Nov 1st, CW’s in Dorchester have invited me to do a book signing at their showrooms in Dorchester on the 22nd November, and Les from Traveldri-Plus has invited me to book sign on their stand at the NEC.

Well, I hope to see you and thanks again to all for a great weekend - my god, that snoring though!:blast
Cheers,
Sam

Loved both your books Sam!

Glad to hear another on the way.

I'm happy to have funded motorcycle outreach too - what Africa needs medical wise.

Simon

Many thanks for the kind comments!:beerjug:
Looking forward to seeing you down at the Ace or at the NEC or CW's of course.
I have to say that I'm rather chuffed with this book. It's been great fun to write but hell has it given me itchy feet again!
Catch you soon.
Cheers,
Sam

Hi louis

your book was great, going all that way on a Serow was very impressive. looking forward to the next book

:hide

Stumpy

Hi louis

your book was great, going all that way on a Serow was very impressive. looking forward to the next book

:hide

Stumpy

That reminds me I leant my signed copy to someone and havent had it back yet.

Wrong scribe Stumpy - she looks better in a skirt than I do! But you were right about that Serow - a magic trip! Brilliant book too. I dunno, beauty and brains...

Trippy, which book did you lend? 'Lois on the Loose' or one of mine?

Wrong scribe Stumpy - she looks better in a skirt than I do!

Lois in a skirt?? Not something I've had the viewing privilege of - mind you dressed in old natty 60's bike gear she's not looking too shabby :augie

But then I'm only genuinely interested in her authoring and I did enjoy the Loose read.

Sam in a dress, thanks but no thanks, I'll have to get myself a book though I reckon :thumb

Thanks Judge :) Have you read Lois's new book Red Tape and White Knuckles. I'm on it meself now. Really good.

I have one of your books, signed and delivered via Bryn last weekend. You'd shut up shop by the time I'd arrived and Bryn kindly offered to get one for me.

Thank you :thumb2

Looks a really interesting read Sam, I'm looking forward to it.

Thanks Judge :) Have you read Lois's new book Red Tape and White Knuckles. I'm on it meself now. Really good.

Not yet - I have an attention span deficit with books and it takes a reet long time to read anything, right now I'm almost through Bryson's Notes from a small Island and that's the first non-bike book I've managed since Uni!!

Lois' last one was an easy read (for me) so I'll deffo give it a go. Birthdays and Christmas still to come so here's hoping.... ;)

Hi Duchess,
Thanks for that. Bryn, bless him, did a bit of a shopping expedition for people. Glad you were one of them and I hope you enjoy the read :)

Notes from a Small Island. Good read. Trouble is he didn't get off the main street in Exeter - remember the bit when he can't find a restaurant! Blimey, he should come here now! That and coffee...

Or more appropriately, you won’t need to read this! Particularly if you went to the loo at the weekend – we know that someone did! And while I’m writing, apologies to the UKGSer who was miffed at me for not sticking up more excerpts from Under Asian Skies.

Firstly though, a big thank you to Les from Traveldri-Plus for inviting me to come and book sign on his stand. Also to Bryn for all the organising, and for letting me graffiti the toilet walls! I really enjoyed the chance to meet some of the people whose posts I see all the time, and don’t Angela, Vinnie and the crew do a great job at making people welcome.

But onwards, the reason I’m posting now, for those of you who couldn’t make it to Lumb Farm, is that I would like to invite UKGSers to come to the Ace Cafe on November the 1st from 2-7pm to the launch of my new book – Distant Suns.

Distant Suns takes you through Southern Africa and then across to South and Central America. We’ve got loads of pen and ink drawings throughout the book, and 40 colour images. In this book I’m travelling with Birgit, who quite a few of you know. If you’ve read Into Africa and Under Asian Skies then you’ll know that disaster seems to follow me around but that every time something goes wrong, something amazing happens! Nice to have a guardian angel, even if she does scoot off for a siesta from time to time!

There are pics and excerpts from Distant Sun on the website www.sam-manicom.com

This will be the first chance to snag a signed copy and it should be a fun afternoon. Some of you already know of Steve McGill, but for those of you who don’t he’s a very skilled acoustic rock singer songwriter. He’s coming along to the launch and will be showcasing his brand new album.

You’ll also have the chance to meet the team, which is something that doesn’t happen very often at a book launch. The editor, designer and proofreader will be there and happy to chat.

And we will be having a raffle in aid of Motorcycle Outreach. A fantastic cause and I’m delighted to have the chance to help raise some loot for them. The prizes are beginning to stack up now. Avon, for example, have given a voucher for a set of tyres! And Motorworks a £50 voucher. BMW, Touratech, Traveldri-Plus, Horizons Unlimited have all promised prizes so far.

If you are a business and would like to donate a prize for a great cause, and get some publicity at the launch, please do contact me.

Finally, if you can’t make it to the launch on Nov 1st, CW’s in Dorchester have invited me to do a book signing at their showrooms in Dorchester on the 22nd November, and Les from Traveldri-Plus has invited me to book sign on their stand at the NEC.

Well, I hope to see you and thanks again to all for a great weekend - my god, that snoring though!:blast
Cheers,
Sam

if i can make it on the 1st i will do otherwise i'll make a point of saying hi to you at the NEC :thumb2

what days are you at the NEC bike show? what stand number?

cheers

all the best :)

I looked for Under Asian Skies in Waterstones at the weekend... bit of a limited collection of travel books in the Belfast store, but was told I'd have to order.. do you not supply to them, do you get a better return if I buy from you direct..?

I always put Mondo and Lois's books to the front of the display and make sure they're at eye level... Here to help... :augie

Cheers Sue...

Back
Top Bottom