How to check your Final drive bearing - 1100/1150

Small consolation....... But it's always good to learn from the experience of others so I've ordered a FD bearing and seal , 40 quid for the bearing and 18 for the seal as I recall from BMW .
Got a spare alternator belt :D
get the large o-ring for the bevel box joint, and if you are taking it all apart the ABS sensor o-ring is £1.25 or so :rob don't for get hammer, cold chisel, heat source and 7mm allen key :aidan

hi i am trying desperately to view the images in the post but cant . i have registered with image shack but still no luck . can anyone point me in the right direction.
thanks

hi i am trying desperately to view the images in the post but cant . i have registered with image shack but still no luck . can anyone point me in the right direction.
thanks

It looks like they're no longer there....Presumably the account on image shack has lapsed or they've been moved.

thanks
try here its not for the RT but the bulk of it is still relevant, although I don't remember having to use heat on the locktight, and a freezer would have been nice :D

Might be worth checking the bearing too. Mine gave out in Sarande (southern Albania) on a trip as I was setting off back home. Was wondering why all of a sudden the back wheel was spinning, apparently they do that when all the oil from the final drive pours over the tyre. Took 3 days for parts to arrive from Greece (and lots of kind offers from folks here to detour with parts if I needed them). Worked out OK as the hotel was good and cheap and beer around £1 a pint......oh the hardship. Made for an intereting 3 1/2 day run back to Manchester but then it was an adventure.

Seriously, if going places where spares might be hard to come by the little extra expense to whip it out and check/replace if needed could be a trip saver.

Very informative thread the pictures don’t seem to load for me are they broken or is it my damn fone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very informative thread the pictures don’t seem to load for me are they broken or is it my damn fone

It's a fault with the system.....

The original pictures were probably uploaded to a third party website like Photobucket. Over the course of time the link between the original picture and this web site gets broken and hence no pictures.

The original poster would need to re-establish the link for the pictures to reappear.

Not much help.....but rest assured your phone is not broken.

Ian

It's a fault with the system.....

The original pictures were probably uploaded to a third party website like Photobucket. Over the course of time the link between the original picture and this web site gets broken and hence no pictures.

The original poster would need to re-establish the link for the pictures to reappear.

Not much help.....but rest assured your phone is not broken.

Ian

Thanks for that

Back
Top Bottom