Off road ride(s)

Spout

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Due to the off road rides popularity, and subsequent numbers involved, there have been problems (either real or perceived) on past rides.
Would it be a good idea this year to split the group into smaller units (say max 8 bikes)? Doing slightly different routes based on ability and/or ease of trail?

If so, I’d like to volunteer my services to lead one of these units.

I’ve ridden most of the trails in the area (but would need a marked up map to find them again!)

Plenty of time to recce and organise. Bring it on……………

That's a cool suggestion :thumb2

If there is going to be more than one off-road ride, may I be the first to stick my head above the parapet and ask if one could be an easy one for off-road novices?

Ta! :beerjug:

Spout

If you fancy a day doing a recce Spout I`m up for the ride over!
We can store the route in the Zumo.
:thumb2

Me too :bounce1:bounce1:bounce1:bounce1

I'll come on the recce, sounds like fun.

Are we gonna wait for the snow???????

Would also like to help with the offroad rides :thumb2

Always seems to be the same guys doing all the donkey work :bow so if you need a hand ,I'm more than happy to help on the day or before ...

Put me down as a tailend charlie on one of the rides ... Or even a ride leader if you need to split the groups to smaller numbers...

Took a ride out yesterday from Llangollen to check out an old route Forry posted ages ago.
Plenty of mud, deep water, uphill mud, downhill mud/rocks, 4x4s coming in the opposite direction etc, you get the idea.
This trail was 6 miles but at my speed took about an hour. :rolleyes:

Looking fwd to photographing Spout's ride-out in May. :thumb2

(btw, if anyone has Garmin 2008 software or earlier: the BP petrol station In Llangollen is no longer there. I topped up at the BFL garage about 6 miles up the road. May be a problem on the day if you have a 100 mile tank like me.)

TheStart.jpg

Sat28thFeb.jpg

WaterMud.jpg

Saturday28thFebruary.jpg

YetAnotherFrigginGate.jpg

Plenty of time to recce and organise. Bring it on……………

I'm also available to tag along on any recce.
As a novice you can judge my time across any trail as a benchmark. :augie

Always seems to be the same guys doing all the donkey work :bow so if you need a hand ,I'm more than happy to help on the day or before ...

+1 :thumb2 - I'd volunteer to man a gate or 2 & take few photos.

Would also like to help with the offroad rides :thumb2

Put me down as a tailend charlie on one of the rides ... Or even a ride leader if you need to split the groups to smaller numbers...

Do you want any help :nenau

A few of us have offered but no reply ...I think its bad form when people offer there time and you can't be arsed to reply ... let me know one way or the other :thumb2

Do you want any help :nenau

A few of us have offered but no reply ...I think its bad form when people offer there time and you can't be arsed to reply ... let me know one way or the other :thumb2
All offers have been viewed and much appreciated.:thumb2

It's been a bit early yet to start finalising details, but all those offering assistance will be contacted soon.

Judging by the numbers interested in the rides, we'll need it!

All offers have been viewed and much appreciated.:thumb2

It's been a bit early yet to start finalising details, but all those offering assistance will be contacted soon.

Judging by the numbers interested in the rides, we'll need it!

Cheers Spout

Looking forward to the llangollen meet so let me know how I can help out :thumb2

Took a ride out yesterday from Llangollen to check out an old route Forry posted ages ago.
Plenty of mud, deep water, uphill mud, downhill mud/rocks, 4x4s coming in the opposite direction etc, you get the idea.
This trail was 6 miles but at my speed took about an hour. :rolleyes:

Do you have a Garmin tracklog of this route?

Greg

Back
Top Bottom