Has anybody got 'their' G450X yet?

Possu really is the expert here on all matters German enduro bikes. He has ridden one, crashed one, sells them AND has a German wife :p

:hide

Just doing my bit for EU harmony, plus the money I receive from Ela's parents for taking her off their hands comes in useful, how do you think I paid for the SE? :augie

:hide

I have been told by a dealer that at 80 hours the service incs replacing the crank and will cost circa £1000. No mention of a non competition service schedule. Also understand that if ridden at max revs for 10 secs or more the ECU records this fact and the warranty is voided.

Has anyone heard different?

If this is true. I'll be cancelling my order and be happy with my 1200 adventure.

Collected mine this morning, rode it for a while, took it back for the first service which the guys let me watch, then grabbed some service kits (Oil filters, oil and a spare plug and air filter) Ordered some other parts and headed home.

Parts?

Ok, you'all... what _exactly_ did you pickup as "the bike"?

Bike + extra chain guard + 2 keys + cd + 'none' mirror mounts...?

WHat else? USers get a second tail light...

WL

(its a trick question... I'm trying to figure out what spare front sprockets you were given)

Ok, you'all... what _exactly_ did you pickup as "the bike"?

Bike + extra chain guard + 2 keys + cd + 'none' mirror mounts...?

WHat else? USers get a second tail light...

WL

(its a trick question... I'm trying to figure out what spare front sprockets you were given)

THe second US tail light is the same as that fitted to Euro bikes as standard. The standard US tail light is off a 1970's R75/5 or similar, it's hideous:

attachment.php

THe second US tail light is the same as that fitted to Euro bikes as standard. The standard US tail light is off a 1970's R75/5 or similar, it's hideous:

attachment.php

You missed the hideous orange indicator lights. the Germans know americans love hideous designs. Just look at most of the cars:augie

Do the services yourself......
And it will teach you how the bike works, so if it fails on the trails, you know where to start looking.
The CD rom in the pack gives you plenty of detail.

Timpo.

You missed the hideous orange indicator lights. the Germans know americans love hideous designs. Just look at most of the cars:augie

I was in denial of the indicators.

As Timpo said, you'll need to know how the bike works & goes together if you're planning on riding it in the middle of nowhere.

I'm replying to myself...

Seems dealer in NorthEast US has bikes all with two spare 14s. Weird.

Ok, one more...
Can one buy the Euro signals? Instead of the whooper ones (that will get yanked off by any passing branch)
WL

Ok, one more...
Can one buy the Euro signals? Instead of the whooper ones (that will get yanked off by any passing branch)
WL

You can order anything as long as you have part numbers and method of payment.
If not available in US, purchase in UK and have them delivered to US.

Timpo.

I have been told by a dealer that at 80 hours the service incs replacing the crank and will cost circa £1000. No mention of a non competition service schedule. Also understand that if ridden at max revs for 10 secs or more the ECU records this fact and the warranty is voided.

Has anyone heard different?

I've just been advised from my dealer there is a 70 hour inspection of the piston only. If the piston is OK then it does not have to be replaced with the piston kit.

US (maybe others?) Light switch

Allo-

In the US the headlight is always on when the bike is "on". However, upon investigation, the black slider switch can pop off. Remove it, pull a very small cylindrical metal stopper outta the switch, click switch back in... And boom, high(main), low(dip), and yes, OFF!

WL

I've just been advised from my dealer there is a 70 hour inspection of the piston only. If the piston is OK then it does not have to be replaced with the piston kit.

The dealer has given wrong information. It is a crank replacement kit required at 70 hours. My BMW Tech has just come back from the 450 servicing school says the service is required at 70 hours if the bike is raced. It's up to your dealer and how well you get on with them as to how long you can stretch the hours and still keep the warranty.

Picked up my new 450 yesterday from North Oxford BMW:bounce1!

Firstly many thanks to Possu who was extremely helpful describing all of the relevant service issues. He also assisted me in choosing to go for the Remus aftermarket exhaust instead of the Akrapovic (FULL Remus system is the same price as the Akra end can!!)

Bike is absolutely lovely. Already booked it in for its 2 hour service.

As an aside, I have just moved to Suffolk (Wattisham). Does anybody have any contacts to help me get out green laning in the local area?

Thanks again Possu and the team form North Oxford.........proper customer service!

The Remus is very nice.
Do you keep the warrenty i've you have the Remus on?
For the Akra it says it will keep the warrenty.

How much DB makes the Remus in comparrison of the stock exhaust?

I like a silent bike:) but love the gas respons

Back
Top Bottom