Has anybody got 'their' G450X yet?

Timpo

North Wales TRF
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Taking dealers demo bikes out of the equation, has anybody have their own G450X yet?
I had a call from Southport Superbikes today, and mine is in the workshop, being ready for collection on Tuesday. That is three weeks early.......:nenau
I have a feeling thast this is a cancelled order as week 42 was the predicted delivery on my week 37 built bike.
No worries though, I'll take it..........;)

Timpo.

See you on Tuesday night then! Put the kettle on, and leave a large towel on the garage floor for the drool. :D
Mark

I know it's not mine but I did the 2 hour running in last night & early this morning, 70 miles of low speeds :eek:.

Will spend time today setting the suspension to factory settings, adjusting the 'bars & levers and fitting the power upgrade plug.

I am being told mine is here around the 28th of this month and I thought they were not even in the dealers until the 20th :nenau

Has anyone actually got a price for the Akro system yet? I have one on order as well but I have no idea when it will arrive or what it will cost.

I would like to know what the full 70 hour service is. My bike is not due until 10 October. This Sunday I'll be out test riding BMW sponsored 450 racing bike. :thumb2

Got mine on friday morning then spent the rest of the day and saturday setting up an enduro course for sunday so it got well mudy.So far very pleased with the bike but found it to high geared for tight going . Changed front sprocket this evening took 65 minutes .Not over the moon with the two hour srevice charge tried to charge £100 but got it down to £65.

adjustments!

I know it's not mine but I did the 2 hour running in last night & early this morning, 70 miles of low speeds :eek:.

Will spend time today setting the suspension to factory settings, adjusting the 'bars & levers and fitting the power upgrade plug.

hear you made a few nice adjustments to that bike steve. :eek:;):rolleyes:

Picked it up yesterday, and put 40 minutes on the clocks last night.
High seat height may not be to some peoples liking, and it's a good job thsat the seat is like a razor........;)
Suspension is sweet, though the chain slackened slightly in the first 30mins so was snatching as the engine struggled to be ridden slow.
But by jingo, you can tell it wants to go.......
I think I'll enjoy this.........:augie
Got some Acerbis Multiconcept handguards to go on it tomorrow, then lanes on Saturday morning.:bounce1

Timpo.

I was hoping there was a Wikipedia page for the G450X as I was going to add the FACT that 'Mr *name removed to protect the innocent* Possu was the first known person to crash a production model in the United Kingdom' :D

Have fun Timpo, and don't break anything Steve wouldnt break.

I was hoping there was a Wikipedia page for the G450X as I was going to add the FACT that 'Mr *name removed to protect the innocent* Possu was the first known person to crash a production model in the United Kingdom' :D

Have fun Timpo, and don't break anything Steve wouldnt break.

Not so innocent plus I have a reputation to maintain. :blast

I blame Timpo, he must have adjusted the suspension settings at the campsite when I wasn't looking. :nenau :augie

£1000 service charge

I have been told by a dealer that at 80 hours the service incs replacing the crank and will cost circa £1000. No mention of a non competition service schedule. Also understand that if ridden at max revs for 10 secs or more the ECU records this fact and the warranty is voided.

Has anyone heard different?

I have been told by a dealer that at 80 hours the service incs replacing the crank and will cost circa £1000. No mention of a non competition service schedule. Also understand that if ridden at max revs for 10 secs or more the ECU records this fact and the warranty is voided.

Has anyone heard different?

service is:
2 hrs 1st service.
10hrs there after with bolt check every 2 hrs.
every 10 hrs after.
70HRS top end rebuild. think pulling your plonker springs to mind about crank.

schedule is every 10hrs competion or road.

if at full revs for 10 secs " over rev "on dash, you have a further 20 secs to back it off before stored in ecu and warranty void. ( there for about 30 secs in the one go) bck it of before 30 secs and it resets.

you can service it your self as a full workshop manual is supplied on cd with bike, need to keep service record and reciepts for genuine parts to comply with warranty.

All this talk about service intervals of 10 hrs and rebuild times of 70hrs is very off putting. I wanted a good trail bike but it would seem the G450 is very high maitenance, abit like the wife :hide If i don't race it ,can i just service it every 3000miles?

Back
Top Bottom