Lakes/Passes rideout (not for the faint hearted)

jez

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm working on a route for a rideout up to the lakes. It will be in the region of 250 miles round trip and take about 6 hours including lunch stop. (a bit more with photo stops)
This ride includes some of the country's best scenery and some of the steepest roads (1:3 with loads of hairpin bends:thumb2) in Britain hence the title:D:D.
I will be looking at leading no more than 15 bikes to make it a better experience for all those who partake. Exact numbers including pillions will be needed in advance if possible in order to ensure we get in to our planned lunch stop ok. (last time we went there was a wedding there so we ended up riding another hour until we found somewhere:()

Sounds brilliant :eek:

Take it that it's for experienced riders only ;)

Looking forward to next year already :bounce1

Sounds good to me....

If it gets too full I will allow someone who hasn't done them to have a go....and stay on the campsite drinking gin ..or beer..anything really..

:beerjug:

Yes please!

Yes please Jez.

I'd love to come along on this ride if there's space.

We'll probably be two up on one of the bikes (1200 if I remember the back seat, otherwise the 650). I know Jill would like to ride her own but it's probably only fairer if we're both on one bike.

Val.

passes and lakes

:thumb:beerjug:these are my favorite roads you will have a great time,the coast road near duddon valley, corney fell and then on to the passes and lunch at glenridding,then back to the passes before heading off home and the odd ford thrown in on the way back. have a good one lads.

I like seeing ride outs like this and how people get so excited about coming up here. It does make me appreciate more that its all in my back yard so to speak :D

Have a good un folks :beerjug:

Count Me In

About time I met a few other tossers. When are you thinking of?

Jez...Will there be any fishing stops?

About time I met a few other tossers. When are you thinking of?

this ride is going to be from the Yorkshire event on 10th-12th july next year. Just getting the ball rolling so to speak:thumb2
But we will be going and doing a recce in the next few weeks. I'll post that up in the Yorkshire section the week before as it'll be according to what the forecast says.

......."not for the faint-hearted...." ackshally, for any one learning or not so "experienced" out there, these roads are great fun and really not that hard....I took my KDX125 up al those passes as a learner with only 2 or 3 months riding under my belt....so don't feel you have to be on a "big " bike to do it....smaller ones are better anyway.....just enjoy !!! (oh and we also took our old 2CV up and down too no probs either!!)

".......not for the faint-hearted"......:confused:[/I] ackshally, for anyone out there learning or not so "experienced" ,these roads are fantastic fun and not that hard....went up all those roads on my KDX125 as a learner with only 2 or 3 months riding under my belt, so don't think you need to be on a "big" bike only to cope...just do it and have fun! :thumb ( oh and we also went up and down in our old 2CV no probs either !!!!)

It's more a case of watch out for the idiots in tin boxes than anything else. As you said they are really fun roads to ride and even more so on a smaller more agile bike. My mum did the passes in a Morris minor in the fifties and we repeated it 50 years later in her corsa, not bad at 73 y'rs old.
I was referring as much to the distance covered on small twisty roads after a nights partying as the steepness etc of the roads.
Hopefully see you there.

idiots in tin boxes.....yes very true!! but great fun to sit at the top and see how many clutches get burnt out heeheehee.....have fun...we're heading off there today (650gs) and no doubt some turnip will decide to keep on coming down as I'm heading up....:blast

Have fun:thumb2 and maybe join us when we venture up there in the next few weeks.

When you have a date for your recce let me know and I will tag along from either devils bridge or junction 36 m6, that is of course if you dont mind.

Biker :beerjug:

camping

where are you camping, and can I put my name down.
Steve

Back
Top Bottom