Lakes/Passes rideout (not for the faint hearted)

Saturday I'm afraid:( Tell the wife we're all coming to the wedding though:D she may give you a pass out then:thumb

Now there's a man with a plan!

Came home over hard knott pass on Thursday in homage to the fun that would have been. Great roads and jaw dropping scenery.

:D:D:D thought you'd apreciate that :D Off up there tomorrow to recce the route:thumb2

Attachments

• DSCF0581 [640x480].JPG
    DSCF0581 [640x480].JPG
    121.4 KB · Views: 224
  • DSCF0582 [640x480].JPG
    DSCF0582 [640x480].JPG
    119.6 KB · Views: 234
  • DSCF0583 [640x480].JPG
    DSCF0583 [640x480].JPG
    109 KB · Views: 290
I'm late for this too, but if there's a route you can provide, I'd be happy to ride it alone, rather than cause group numbers to become unwieldy?

Chris&Beth as above, late entrants, but keen to join in if there is room.

I have the route downloaded from Mapsource and have PM'd Lamble as I'm happy to lead / follow him if not.

Chris&Beth.

OK I'm in if there's any room, hangover permitting. I'll try and see if I can stick the route in my Quest and see how it can then proceed to lead me somewhere else if there's no room. :blast

OK I'm in if there's any room, hangover permitting. I'll try and see if I can stick the route in my Quest and see how it can then proceed to lead me somewhere else if there's no room. :blast

Got the route in mine and am familiar with the roads... could do a 3rd sub-group if I don't get ****ered on Friday night....

:beerjug:

I may be taking you up on that offer Chris:thumb2

Hangovers permitting the first group will be leaving about 10:00 then the second 10-15 minutes later and the same for any third group.
Cheers
Jez

I may be taking you up on that offer Chris:thumb2

Hangovers permitting the first group will be leaving about 10:00 then the second 10-15 minutes later and the same for any third group.
Cheers
Jez

Not a problem as long as I have the right route.

Led a ride-out from the Hograost and I've never been in that part of the world in me life - relied on GPS routes donated by others...

:D

I'll take a trunky at the route in your gps when I get there:thumb2
The only thing I may change is the bit from the ferry across windemere back to the site. I'll not be running my gps as bloody garmin changed the rules about registering more than one unit to 1 mapsource program aqnd I ain't paying extra for what I thought I already had:mad:

Does this look right, avoiding the Windermere ferry crossing?

LakesRun.jpg

:reynolds

wasn't going to avoid the ferry just take the shortest route from the windemere side to the site otherwise it'll take too long.
There's a coffee wagon by the ferry so good place for a rest and piccie stop.

wasn't going to avoid the ferry just take the shortest route from the windemere side to the site otherwise it'll take too long.
There's a coffee wagon by the ferry so good place for a rest and piccie stop.

Okay - Split the route into 2 parts to stop sat-navs deciding they're already home.
Route via ferry place now.:D

Attachments

• Lakes 1 & 2.gdb
    115.1 KB · Views: 96
Would love to tag along for ride out. It's my stomping ground so if I find I'm holding up proceedings can make my own way home. Will pop along anyway if only for the bacon butty at devils bridge.

sub grp

Chris,

If we both stay sober ( enough to find the slot the key goes in ) on Saturday, and its not hoofing down on Fri/Sat either, happy to join ur sub grp if you'll have us.

Back
Top Bottom