Lakes/Passes rideout (not for the faint hearted)

Hello all, so is there any room left? Wouldn't mind helping out if needed as I generally knock up around 120miles a day through the lakes due to living in Lancaster and working in Haverigg (and of course being unable to avoid minor detours on and off-road on my way home most evenings!). Would be great to totter around with some other GS' though. I'm sure my little 650 won't hold you up! :JB

Ah go on then

I've put you on the list Micky so we now have an even number - 26
anyone else will go on the reserve bench in case someone drops out. Bound to be someone too hungover on the day :D

I'll stick the route in me GPS, so I could help if needed....assuming I'm not one of the drunken drop-outs...

:augie

Having trouble pulling the map up for some reason....what format is it? What software should I have? Any alternative?

It's a Garmin Mapsource file I've not figured out how to do a screenshot from it (well not from my laptop anyway) hence just the file link at the moment.

looks good :augie

untitled.jpg

This'll be run now in two groups about half an hour apart to hopefully prevent the passes getting too clogged with gs's

Hi jez, is there any chance you could post the route in a format for TomTom users or provide a list of the turning points please?

I cannot make out the turning points or route direction on ianboydsnr's screen grab.

Thanks....

In theory you shouldn't need it as there'll be a tailend charlie on both groups....but you never know. I'll see if I can find a tomtom user who can do the route in their software for us just in case and I'll also do some zoomed in screen grabs over the weekend that'll show the route in more detail.

Thanks for the maps all! ;) Looks like a great ride (you've pulled some lovely roads in there Jez!). Looking forward to it even more. Went up over Iron Keld on the way home from work tonight (it was easier in the old landy!). Just can't beat the Lakes for roads and views.

Hi jez, is there any chance you could post the route in a format for TomTom users or provide a list of the turning points please?

I cannot make out the turning points or route direction on ianboydsnr's screen grab.

Thanks....

No connection with the ride. Just helping a tosser out! Attached zip file of a tomtom itinerary file.

Attachments

• lakes 2009 run.zip
    519 bytes · Views: 125
Pugsley...what do the black flags refer to on your map? Cheers.

Is the ride out on Saturday or Sunday? My missus has just found a bloody wedding invitation for the Saturday which has completely stuffed my weekend, but I'll still be up for a ride-out on the Sunday if you guys are still around. Sorry to stuff the planning.:(

Back
Top Bottom