Lakes/Passes rideout (not for the faint hearted)

Jez
What route are you proposing? we went over Wrynose pass last weekend to Broughton in Furness, how does your route compare with that one so I've got an idea if it will be OK for me.

Hi Julie, both Wrynose and Hardnott passes will be included :) looking to do a recce trip on the next bank holiday if the weather is good. I'll post nearer the time if I am.

cheers

Jez

Yes please Jez.

I'd love to come along on this ride if there's space.

We'll probably be two up on one of the bikes (1200 if I remember the back seat, otherwise the 650). I know Jill would like to ride her own but it's probably only fairer if we're both on one bike.

Val.

Jill's having none of it :confused: She says she's riding her own bike thanks, and I can go on the back if I wish :eek::eek::eek:

Looks like we'll be on a 1200 and a 650.

Val.

so you got your pass out then:D

Please count me in for this.

A 1 in 3 hill sounds a bit hairy - should be OK as long as no hill starts are required!

Please count me in for this.

A 1 in 3 hill sounds a bit hairy - should be OK as long as no hill starts are required!

Always worthwhile stopping at the bottom and / or top of the Hardknott / Wrynose passes and taking in the aroma of fried clutches and brakes :D

There are 3 more of us from North Wales who'd like to join you too. Myself, Dust Cloud & Mr Friday. All solo 1150s and raring to go! :thumb

Help!!!

This ride is now getting over full so the list is now closed(until we can sort out the following). We may have to split the group so is there anyone that knows their way around up in the Lakes willing to help out by leading the same ride but half an hour later so as not to clog the passes too much in one go. I'd be looking at a 1 hour lunch break so we all get to eat sort of together.
Here's the list to date:

Jez
Petcul
Chriskelley
Val-H
Kliene Blumen
Garfield
Toad & mrs Toad
Adamneeds
Stevebiker
Lywood
Aiden & Mandy
JulieK and Partner (2 bikes?)
Mort
Gail
PW Cymru
Pugsley & boss :)
AndyJW
Flasman
Mr Friday
Dustcloud
Majorbumsore
Riktus
Neil 23
Borderraider
Georgia

Here's the route

This'll be run now in two groups about half an hour apart to hopefully prevent the passes getting too clogged with gs's

Attachments

• lakes 2009 run.gdb
    104.6 KB · Views: 166
If you can get a couple of backmarkers I can try and muddle my way around!!! Pity you put up the route:blast People will know where we're supposed to be going:augie Always dangerous:D

If you can get a couple of backmarkers I can try and muddle my way around!!! Pity you put up the route:blast People will know where we're supposed to be going:augie Always dangerous:D

Don't follow this man, you'll need to be hosed down on your return;):D

Back
Top Bottom