Ruta 40

the celt

Reaction score
...my country is Kiltartan Cross, My countrymen Ki
Hola,
This is the love of my life Ruta40 Argentina it has been a nightmare at times, but I would not change a thing.
I have been on it since Rio Turbio and I am now at Catamarca to take in the roads around and then back on to Ruta40 to Salta, God only knows how many miles I've travelled on this road but it must be over 4000miles, I have also posted a photo of the crash I witnessed now some of you might say that this is in bad taste, but I was there, I had all ready taken one crash victim for help and this was when I returned to the crash site and two other cars had arrived, I took the camera out off my pocket and held it at waist height and took the photo, you can see the driver is still in the middle of the road as no one could really help him, I will post a warning before the photo comes up.

Attachments

• foto8.jpg
    foto8.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 508
You won't be wanting any snow chains yet then, if we find any?.

What's the temperature there?

Looks a nice place good pictures keep 'em coming.

LOLGEOFF said:

What's the temperature there?

It must be about 35, I am not sure but I done 50km in the desert (soft sand) a few days ago it took 3hrs and I went through 4l of aqua, there is this wind that picks up I think its called "ZONDA" and when it blows its like having a hair dryer in your face, so to answer your question ...Its as hot as a very hot thing that has just won first prize in a very hot competion:D :D :D :D
I should have a few more photos in a few days of a fanastic place "Valle de la Luna" this place blew me away.
regards
jose

really good pictures..... its nice to see a GS being used properly ! unlike mine which is cossetted up in the garage at the moment! waiting for warmer and drier weather!

Can't tell you how impressed I am with your pictures Joe...not to mention your grit in undertaking this event.

Keep safe....but have fun !! :) :)

Jose,

Thanks for all the photo’s and the stories. Keep them coming.

What's the route after Salta? Straight up into Bolivia, or are you going to suffer the boredom of the Chaco to see the wonders of Igaucu Falls?

Keep it safe, and have fun.

John

Hi All,
Vern and John(Zebedee) I dont know which way to head next after Salta, its the rainy season there now so some off the roads are not passable, but I will make a decision when I get there or I might try and get Balloon Tyres fitted and try the salt flats anyway:D , but it will be north which ever way I go..
thanks for the replies I should have a few more photos later today.
regards
jose

Back
Top Bottom