450X Handguards

ovenpaa

Reaction score
I need to order some hand guards for the 450, does anyone know what bars it has fitted as I need to specify a fitting kit (Acerbis Rally pro's)

when you install the acerbis alu handguards , do you really have to saw a bit of the steehandle off on the right side? as it says in the repair dvd?

when you install the acerbis alu handguards , do you really have to saw a bit of the steehandle off on the right side? as it says in the repair dvd?

Remove the throttle grip assembly, and using a 22mm hole saw, put it down the twistgrip and turn it with battery drill. This will remove 22mm of material, allowing the pug from the Alu Kit to pass through it.
Read the insructions very carefully, because the brackets are handed, and tapered to suit the bars.
A tip is that when you are sat on the bike, all the stampings on the brackets are visible from the rider's position.

I have Acerbis Multiconcept on my 450, and they look very sexy......:)
They are ideal for trail riding as the sidestand is piss-poor design and the bike can be leant on the handguard allybar.

Timpo.

hhmm i don't like sawing in my bike..(two lefthands)

talkiabout the side stand, how many springs does it have, one or two.

In the dvd ETK is shows 2 springs, but i cannot think why there should be 2 springs, i have one and the dam thing flips up as soon as a little weight gets off.

But after one week of standing on the side stand it did need a bit of help to flip up.

Mine has a double spring, one inside the other and a rubber strap to hold it up if needed.

The aluminium fixed hand guards were band for racing at one stage as your hand can slip down between the guard and the handle bars. Many a rider has broken there hand.

That's true, but the MX plastick ones with open end have cause also broken fingers distorsioned hands as one rides against a tree or rock.
both have + and -

I found plastick one side open too floppy, as i fall down a handle will brake or my hand will hit that rock that's on the ground.

with the plastick one that are also closed you also can brake you 're hand, i think because that they are curved youre hand can release easier

That's true, but the MX plastick ones with open end have cause also broken fingers distorsioned hands as one rides against a tree or rock.
both have + and -

I found plastick one side open too floppy, as i fall down a handle will brake or my hand will hit that rock that's on the ground.

with the plastick one that are also closed you also can brake you 're hand, i think because that they are curved youre hand can release easier

I agree. I'm not sure what to install on my 450. The BMW guards are not available yet

I will be sticking with the tried and tested Rally Pro's. I will fit them at the weekend so if you need a picture....

Rally Pro's are fitted, it took under 15 minutes including opening the packaging and finding the tools, only modification I had to make was cut the ends of the grips off and trim the end of the throttle tube.

Ready for Mondays commute, it even looks quite clean :D

2955020804_17714a41ef.jpg

Back
Top Bottom