Cooper BMW Sunderland- 'sorry to have disturbed you'

Today could have been a good day. Money to spend on new riding kit and thoughts of a new bike took me over to Coopers.
Unfortunately they werent;
1/prepared to look at kit with me ('thats done by parts, they close in 10 mins so you had best get a move on')
QUOTE]

why the feck would you leave it so late to go and ask for assistance?, got what you deserve, i really cant be arsed with people like this who think they're entitled to special service because they have a BMW:tosser
staff may have a similar opinion.

Hi Colin,
My advice is to contact Allan Jefferies in Shipley, 01274 776077, excellent service and patient helpful staff. Ask for Steve in sales and he will look after you.They also don't sting you on the demo insurance.Best of luck,
Stephen.

Speak as you find but in 30 years of motorcycling I have NEVER had a problem with any local motorcycle shops or accessory dealers regarding goods supplied.
From the inital puchase of my GS, 6 years ago to the purchase of kit (helmets) and spares MILL /COOPERS have been an absolute pain.
On three occasions there have been genuine problems with the kit/parts etc caused by manufacturing faults which MILL refused point blank to sort out or even acknowledge and on all three occasions they have had to be sorted with the intervention of BMW customer services.
As of last year I wouldn't even contemplate purchasing a bike, riding gear or spares from them or visit their premises. they have had their chances with me and as their service has been so sub standard they have bummed out on my business from now on.

1/prepared to look at kit with me ('thats done by parts, they close in 10 mins so you had best get a move on')
QUOTE]

why the feck would you leave it so late to go and ask for assistance?, got what you deserve, i really cant be arsed with people like this who think they're entitled to special service because they have a BMW:tosser
staff may have a similar opinion.

The Parts/clothing department at Coopers closes lunchtime on Saturdays

I visited Coopers when I was shopping around for a deal on an 08 GSA and found them to be pretty attentive and straight talking, dealt with a lad called Steve

I did not buy from them because they would not do any discount at all quoting the fact they didn't need to as they could sell all their allocation of GSA's at full price no problem. I would also of had to wait longer for my GSA from them than from others.

The bike part of the premises really does feel like an afterthought behind the BMW car dealership and the Mini dealership. As a dealer for bikes its a long way short of dealers like AJ's

The Parts/clothing department at Coopers closes lunchtime on Saturdays

did not know this colin:eek:, "colin I "obviously didn't either. i agree you do get some really unhelpful sales staff, but t'other side o' the coin is you also get some whiny ass awkward customers who then go onto websites an slag them off, not right IMHO.

+1 for solus dealers :thumb

We've bought 8 new Bikes & 1 new Car from Coopers (Mill) since April '98, happy enough with the Deals or wouldnt have done so.
If deal wasnt to our liking we bought elsewhere, Mar '06 a R1200GS from Rainbow, June '07 a R1200GSA from AJ's.

Win some lose some:nenau Dealers are in Business to make a profit;)

Irrespective of the views put forward by Colin1 on his experience with Cooper BMW I find it dissapointing that the "Moderator" has not seen it fit in this instance to call other contributors into line. Expression of opinion on a Public Forum by reverting to Foul Language of a Sexual nature (either implicit or implied) has no place in this otherwise excellent Forum. Come on Guys clean your act up.

Mike Tee,

I concur. While 'UKGSer.com' is a breath of fresh air when compared with the 'Gentleman's Conveyance' site, the decencies should be preserved. I'm not a subscriber, but am a GSA-er and regular visitor; I'm taken aback and disappointed to see the preceding exchange.

Blimey. The flaming Colin got was totally disproportionate to his comments. Dealers have bad days and customers have bad days. The difference is that the customer gives the dealer money so the onus is on the latter to do their job properly however they happen to be feeling on the day. My job means I deal with customers and I couldn't get away with anything like the approach I have regularly experienced with motorcycle dealers. Even if a customer of mine acts in what I feel is an unreasonable way, I have to get over it because I want to do business with them. It's what I am paid to do. It doesn't give me the right to act unreasonably as some of the above comments suggest. Colin had what he considered to be a bad experience and has a perfect right to comment on it, as has anyone who has a good experience. Best to assume that anyone reading is intelligent enough to form a balanced view of each. As it happens, BTW, my first experience with a BMW dealer has been exemplary (Southport Superbikes).

Cooper's nee Mill are an okay bunch of guys:

There's no harrasment to buy and a down to earth approach to the whole BMW owning thing.

Go in there expecting to be treated like the 2nd coming and you'll be sorely disappointed.

Good coffee and shortbread biscuits and currys on launch days....

:beerjug:

Irrespective of the views put forward by Colin1 on his experience with Cooper BMW I find it dissapointing that the "Moderator" has not seen it fit in this instance to call other contributors into line. Expression of opinion on a Public Forum by reverting to Foul Language of a Sexual nature (either implicit or implied) has no place in this otherwise excellent Forum. Come on Guys clean your act up.

Mike Tee,

I concur. While 'UKGSer.com' is a breath of fresh air when compared with the 'Gentleman's Conveyance' site, the decencies should be preserved. I'm not a subscriber, but am a GSA-er and regular visitor; I'm taken aback and disappointed to see the preceding exchange.

Blimey. The flaming Colin got was totally disproportionate to his comments. Dealers have bad days and customers have bad days. The difference is that the customer gives the dealer money so the onus is on the latter to do their job properly however they happen to be feeling on the day. My job means I deal with customers and I couldn't get away with anything like the approach I have regularly experienced with motorcycle dealers. Even if a customer of mine acts in what I feel is an unreasonable way, I have to get over it because I want to do business with them. It's what I am paid to do. It doesn't give me the right to act unreasonably as some of the above comments suggest. Colin had what he considered to be a bad experience and has a perfect right to comment on it, as has anyone who has a good experience. Best to assume that anyone reading is intelligent enough to form a balanced view of each. As it happens, BTW, my first experience with a BMW dealer has been exemplary (Southport Superbikes).

Glad to see there are some normal people on here. Seen it a few times now when certain 'members' seem to act like a pack of hunting hyenas routing out people and try and make them flounce. Must be a great game for them.

Glad to see there are some normal people on here. Seen it a few times now when certain 'members' seem to act like a pack of hunting hyenas routing out people and try and make them flounce. Must be a great game for them.

Quite agree.

Oh, and I've walked out from more than one dealer because of their attitude toward me, I'd polished my wellies n all before I went in.
My favorite salesman's coment?
I'd asked about front suspension adjustment on a new F650 I wished to buy.
"If BMW make it that way, it must be correct to start with and not need adjusting", he then walked off into the car section to sit at his desk.......
....about 3 seconds before I walked out.........

How many posts do you need before you can express your view about the treatment you recieve?

RESPECT TO ROKKET

Well Colon,you did....I'm sorry,but people who join internet forums just to slag off dealers who didn't suck your dick as soon as you walked in the door,really fcuking wind me up.
Get the big chip off your shoulder,and buy what you want to buy.

Rokket if you are ever in Oxford call in to NOG and I'll buy you a beer for the most accurate, honest post I have ever seen on this site. :beerjug:

Wow what an interesting stream of posts and views, and its good to see that its run has been unfettered, swearing and all!
A good forum runs the rough with the smooth, so quit with the prudism about bad language and gruff points of view...its the frecking internet/life, after all!
Oh, and because it gets hived under the dealer section doesn't mean people shouldn't vent - sometimes its the only route they can, like it, or lump it, its a service after all.

Peace, Johnny

Rokket if you are ever in Oxford call in to NOG and I'll buy you a beer for the most accurate, honest post I have ever seen on this site. :beerjug:
Perhaps this is the sort of thing that Russ-H is referring to?

This has nothing to do with NOG so surely it would be better to simply stay out of the debate.

I'm quite glad that I don't have reaosn to use NOG judging by this sort of heavy-handed comment.

It's a free world and this is a public forum. The guy commented upon service which he didn't agree with.

It's all quite simple really.

Move on... ;)

Oh for Gods sake,this really fcuking winds me up....yeah,they exist purely because they ignore every idiot who walks in through the door.They make money by not talking to anyone,not paying attention to anyone and not trying to sell anything. You have a tongue in your head don't you???...why not walk in there,make eye contact with someone,and say "How are you?..I feel like buying a new bike and some gear today,how can you help me??

They're only fcuking human...play the game:D

You dont know what was said or what actually happened to vilify a new member.

Well Colon,you did....I'm sorry,but people who join internet forums just to slag off dealers who didn't suck your dick as soon as you walked in the door,really fcuking wind me up.
Get the big chip off your shoulder,and buy what you want to buy.

You still seem to be assuming a lot.

Having used NOG a lot and have always been happy i am stunned by this post, can only assume that from the time of post there was drink involved?? to post something so out of character with the guys i have dealt with.

This was the post any dealer should have referred to, theres good and bad in all. The OP could be a berk, i dont know him, but he didnt come over that way to me and seems to have got the service he expected elsewhere so he cant be that bad at communicating. Dealers staff have bad days but the onus is on them to satisfy, anything else other than than good service should be highlighted and i am glad to hear of it. I will still make my own mind up if i need to use said dealer as there are undoubtably a lot of people on sites such as this who have agendas or are purely stupid.
For Navy boy, dont discount ever using NOG they are normally very good. For all that replied decently, well done. For Colin (OP) filter out the idiots and ignore and keep letting us know of any poor service.

Back
Top Bottom