A day out with the Cops?

I'll reply here as well!

I suppose i'd better post up here...

not that i've been asked to or 'owt like that, but all the comments tend to be the same. So if you are reading this thread you'll already know whats coming

The day started off like my riding..piss poor, or rather, pissing it down. i only had a short way to go to HQ but by the time i got there i was dripping from the sleeves (but i was'nt wet, or even damp)
There was lots of standing water on the motorway, in 2/3 places across all 3 carriageways..it did'nt bode well.

Introductions and a tea or two were despatched readily and the day got under way. A bit of class room work,using a very good DVD which replicated some of the more common collisions.
Then it was time to be out on the road, and yes its still raining but easing slightly. A demo ride by my observer Wayne saw him slip off down the road at a fair pace, taking in some familiar and not so familiar roads. We stopped for a bit of a debrief and satisfied about the pace etc it was my turn at the front.

Just a little disconcerting, 'that' bike, in the mirror most of the time, and i tried to ignore the fact that it was an on duty Policeman
(this may have worked a little too well on more than 1 occassion)

This turned out to be the format for the rest of the day, ride debrief over coffee,lunch etc and back to HQ for the final debrief etc

At no point did i feel pressured to go faster/slower, and the mistakes were treated in a 'friendly' sort of way..you know.. the way that you tend to remember for longer.

At some point during the day the weather got better and i think my riding did as well... at which point that was i couldn't really say.

When i went back down the motorway the sun was shining, the road was dry and i was a happy bunny...

At work today..all of the 'wannabe's' wanted to know what it was like etc

i could only say... Go try it yourself, you spend £200 plus on tyres.Tail Tidies and Akrotitty pipes are a must.. try £50 on education, it'll be well worth the money

p.s Thanks to Wayne and Bryn... a well structured day, decent pack up and a decent goody bag thrown in...(not literally you understand!)

15th Nov place

" Only one place left on the 15th Nov now "

If its still available Bryn; I would like to attend ..............

Regards Martin

Just got back from Leicester Police HQ. It was great fun riding more miles than I thought .. as I had done the Met version before.

PC Mick was great but be careful of PC Scary Rachel :D
If you are due to do one then ... you have been warned :augie :D

BTW .. great roads in the Midlands for bikes. :thumb

Just got back myself - it was good to meet you Tom.

Didn't get to meet Bryn again, but Mick and Rachel were great fun and chilled out, and we both learned a lot. I don't know what Tom's on about, Rachel's not scary - or maybe that's just my ladies-in-leather fetish showing through :p

For £50 it really is excellent value for money. Thanks for the offer Bryn :beerjug:

And another satisfied customer here :)

Not long been back from a days riding with the Bikesafe crew, having been partnered with Bryn.

Bryn, thanks for your time and patience. It was great to watch such skilled riding, you make it look all so effortless. I've defo picked up on quite a bit I can improve on. I guess that's one of the many attractions of riding a bike; you never stop learning.

Best of all, it was really enjoyable, great fun :clap

£50? A bleedin' bargain for what you'll get out of it, highly reccomended :thumb2

Andres

I'll post to add my name to the endorsements above :thumb2

My mate Steve and myself had a day out with Bryn and Johno yesterday. Caught a really nice autumn day for a good ride through Leicestershire.

To anyone considering it - JUST DO IT!

I can't think anyone would not enjoy the day or take something away with them. The day is well structured and tailored to fit around your riding skills and requirements, and is all done in a very friendly, efficient and informative way that makes the day a pleasure.

My thanks once again to Bryn and Johno :thumb2 :thumb2

ps - I must say organising a bike accident en-route to illustrate the safety message was production planning at it's best :augie

anyone know if any other forces run these courses? I'm stuck up here in snowy edinburger :(

Back
Top Bottom