A day on the trails with Spout and Timpo. UKGSER Llangollen 2009.

Two more please Spout, the missus is an off-road newbie so I'd like to join your group too if that's ok, help pick up the bits ! :blast Thanks for organising!

Cheers
Gary & Jools
GS12ADV & GS12

two more for timpos group if possible, i will be on a ktm 525 and amy mate on a drz 400e, booked onto the wern isaf camping site.

ferret

I'll be there with Tina Timpo we'll go tail end if you want :thumb2

spout, timpo,
this sounds brill,
ive just got my first beemer, 1150 gsa
never been off road, would i be capable of doing this or not,
thanks
pj

Not 100% sure I'll make the weekend.. But assuming my project airhead is finished Phil (with his R65) and I (with my bizta R80"gs") will be there!

Phil of course would be avoiding the off road stuff... But I quite fancy taking my project bike though a little bit of mud! Bearing in mind I'm a bit of a novice and the bikes going to be a little un-tested I think I'll definalty want the novice route.

On that note.. the bikes currently sitting on new metzler enduro's.. would these be okay or should I change them for something a little bit more off road?

Hi Folks.
So, just so we can gauge numbers, please put yourself a post on this thread with what bike you will be riding, and any preference for the type of ride your after. :thumb2

Me please,
A novice off roader
DR350
Can I join Spout's group?

spout, timpo,
this sounds brill,
ive just got my first beemer, 1150 gsa
never been off road, would i be capable of doing this or not,
thanks
pj

Anything is possible fella, but if you do go you'll have to go with Spout. Knobblies are very preferable if it rains, and you've got to accept that you may scratch/dent/damage your bike.
Even the best off roaders fall off so I'm not trying to put you off, just being realistic about what can happen. Having said that, everytime you take the bike out you run a risk of something happening.

Better to go with a group like Spouts where advice will be aplenty :thumb

Not 100% sure I'll make the weekend.. But assuming my project airhead is finished Phil (with his R65) and I (with my bizta R80"gs") will be there!

Decided what the hell.. got rooms booked in a B&B just outside Llangollen for the three nights.. So definatly going to be there!

As I said I fancy the novice route for me and the bitza.. Just the question of tyres.. Will the metzler enduros be okay?

Darn it...:blast I was going to use "unsuitable/bad tyre selection" as my excuse for falling off every five minutes... Guess I'll have to go with "I'm new at this give me a break" :augie.. or perhapse "I'm still drunk!"... hmmm... wonder which is more plausable!

Still at least the R80 will get put though its paces!

Anyway.. looking forward to a good weekend! :beerjug:

Kleine Blumen and myself would like to join Spouts ride.

We'll most likely be on the 650gs and the 100gs. Just got to sort out TKC's for the 100.

Val.

there is some brilliant tracks around pont llogel in the dyfnant forest been riding over there for years definately need decent tryres though especially if wet/muddy

Just noticed this. Sorry for the delay but I'd like to put me and my F800 GS down for Spout's group please.

.... I've very limited off-road experience and a 1200GSA. Would love to have a go but only have road tyres... anyone got any reccomendations for knobblies. Count me in if there's space....

Back
Top Bottom