1200RT 6k service - What can I expect to pay?

Navy Boy

Reaction score
Hi All

My 1200RT's 6k service will be coming up in the next month or so. What can I expect to pay and what's involved?

Thanks,

Was quoted 150 is for the mid term service, and about 220 for the 12k service, as its a fluid change,

last one for me on the 12k was 197 quid. from a bmw dealer,

Hi All

Just booked my RT in at Bahnstormers and was quoted some 200 Pounds all in, including use of a courtesy bike.

Interestingly the chap checked for any recall work once he'd taken the registration. It turns out that the Ring Antenna needs to be replaced whilst it's there.

I was under the impression that the Ring Antenna was an old problem (Mine's an 08 reg that I bought new in May this year).

Thoughts? :confused:

Lee, I believe the ring antenna problem affects certain build dates due to the suppliers used for those batches and the quality of components supplied to the assembly lines. The older bikes may be unaffected whereas the newer improved models may be problematic.

Adam

Good to haer from you old bean!

I've since heard that the Ring Antenna is an issue on some 06, all 07 and some early 08 bikes. Seems mine falls into that catagory.

Hey ho! I thought getting an 08 model would have protected me from such shennanigans...

Still, I love the bike.

I'm using Bahnstormers for the first time since they took over after the demise of SPC. I'm hoping to be impressed... :cool:

Hi All

Just booked my RT in at Bahnstormers and was quoted some 200 Pounds all in, including use of a courtesy bike.

Interestingly the chap checked for any recall work once he'd taken the registration. It turns out that the Ring Antenna needs to be replaced whilst it's there.

I was under the impression that the Ring Antenna was an old problem (Mine's an 08 reg that I bought new in May this year).

Thoughts? :confused:

My antenna went in July, on my 06 bike, rt.

Lee, I appreciate the dramas you had with the former SPC, as did a lot of owners (myself included). Thats just the way the place was previously managed and the pressure its employees must have been under. Some of the good staff members still work there under new management and don't deserve being labelled because of its previous owners. I know you 'defected' to CW and I can see why, from what I have seen the Dorchester team are good and are proud of their good reputation.

I have family within the BMW dealer network and the guys in charge at Bahnstormer are old friends of theirs (ex Park Lane), so I feel confident you will get good service this time around. Same location, new people, fresh attitude and a customer-focussed work ethic.

If the service should fall short, tell them. I am sure they will value your repeat custom and do their best to resolve any issues (unlike the poison dwarf and some of his patronising sales staff that you had issues with previously. Enough said).

We all benefit from a good dealer being approachable and local. Support your local business.:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom