Insurance for Poland

Invicta Moto

Reaction score
My BMW Insurance seems to coveronly EU plus Czech, Slovakia, Hungary, Norway and Switz.

How do the rest of you manage outside these areas? I am going through SPC all the time as the sellng agent.... and it's slow.

I'm off the Czech at the end of may and fancy "bagging" a corner of Poland on the way back...

Tried to enter Poland last year when at the 4 stroke rally in the CZ....

The border guard checked my insurance docs and told me to go away!....

As Poland is now technically a member of the eu should it not be straight forward to obtain cover?.........

pegasus said:

As Poland is now technically a member of the eu should it not be straight forward to obtain cover?.........

Poland will not be an EU member until May at the earliest.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/eu/story/0,7369,973524,00.html

If the current widdling contest continues then it may be delayed further. http://www.guardian.co.uk/eu/story/0,7369,1111604,00.html

Current insurance rules are given here.

pegasus said:

Never been to the 4-stroke rally but have read all about it in the IMTC magazine..... have been to CR many times since 1986..... might skip Poland and bag Slovakia and Hungary instead! Been to both a few times but not on the GS....

Poland has always been a difficulty with insurance, don't know why. There is some convention that they don't want to join.

Did a trip from Budapest to Krakow via Slovakia once and got stopped by the Polish police in a radar trap on the way back. Not quite as amienable to donations as other forces but I argued with him so he let me go....

Only when back in Budapest did I find my insurance was not valid in Poland (and company car at that)..

Depends where you cross and how many stamps you have in your passport on how effective they are in checking...

I'm with Hastings Direct. Rang them to arrange fully comp for the forthcoming "Raid on the old Eastern Block" trip in May, total cost to up it to fully comp for all countries including Poland, czech Rep, and Hungary is a measly £23. Not bad at all methinks! :)

Back
Top Bottom