10th TVT meet for 2008

Possu

Reaction score
Just to keep that Scottish guy quiet, I propose meeting on Wednesday 22nd October. Would have gone for Thursday 23rd but I know Martin has his Pirates class that evening. :)

Venue choices:

King Billy @ Ipsden

G&D @ Upton

Turnpike @ Yarnton (not been there this year)

Crown @ Nettlebed (ditto)

Any other suggestions?

Following peeps not shown their faces in a while:

Strobing Red
RiderBob
Shep
Nin

Won't mention the Bampton Mystery Man as it's a foregone conclusion that some last minute cock-up on his part will lead to his non-appearance as usual.

Just to keep that Scottish guy quiet, I propose meeting on Wednesday 22nd October. Would have gone for Thursday 23rd but I know Martin has his Pirates class that evening. :)

Venue choices:

King Billy @ Ipsden

G&D @ Upton

Turnpike @ Yarnton (not been there this year)

Crown @ Nettlebed (ditto)

Any other suggestions?

Strobing Red
RiderBob
Shep
Nin

Won't mention the Bampton Mystery Man as it's a foregone conclusion that some last minute cock-up on his part will lead to his non-appearance as usual.

who be that mystery man you type of :augie
is he a myth like the hunchback of notredame ?
IE the bumpkin of Bampton :D:D

Attachments

• 2849363035.jpg
    2849363035.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 212
That pic's better looking than me mate! Never know, might make this one... :eek:

Believe it when I see it. :rolleyes:

I'll buy you a drink if you make - I'm notoriously short of arm & deep of pocket & don't easily make offers like this, pretty confident of keeping my cash. :augie

Strobing Red
RiderBob
Shep
Nin

Mmmmm I suppose its been a while hasn't it, work's timescales being a bit troublesome at the moment due to a restructure, hence the 'no shows', i will try and make another one this year but it will more likely be in November:(

See ya soon

Shep

Weds OK for me, I'll bring me outfit and me parrot.

Crown at Nuffield is a food pub now. However, there is a very intriguing pub near Checkendon, that I've never been in on account of being too frightened as it looks a bit like the "Slaughtered Lamb", and I thought I might end up in a big wickerman round the back. But if loads of GSer's are there it'll probably be OK.

It's called the Black Horse and it's here.

Anyone up for that?

I can recommend the Black Horse as my old bike club used to meet there and even used their field opposite for a camping weekend. Definitely biker friendly although normally full of ramblers at the weekend it's usually quiet during the week.Nice pint too. Hope to see you there.
Goat
p.s. it can be a bit of a bugger to find as the road leading to it is not marked best way to find it is follow the road from Checkendon to Stoke Row and as you leave Checkendon village you will go down a dip the turning is on the left in the bottom of the dip, Pub is up this single track about 1/4 mile.

Strobing Red
RiderBob
Shep
Nin

Well at least I now have a job in the same county as my house, so the chances are improving.

Funnily enough I was in Bampton today. No sign of him there though ...

Nin

Well at least I now have a job in the same county as my house, so the chances are improving.

Funnily enough I was in Bampton today. No sign of him there though ...

Nin

there have been more sitings of the loch ness monster than MMC :augie

10th un

Thanks possu for reminding me I hadm't been for a couple of months.:rolleyes:
I will certainly be there next week presuming I can find it:thumb2

Hows the shoulder??

strobingred

Damn - can't make it. And with the rumours of a real chance of a sighting of the lesser spotted MMC, an opportunity I will sadly be missing.

Thanks possu for reminding me I hadm't been for a couple of months.:rolleyes:
I will certainly be there next week presuming I can find it:thumb2

Hows the shoulder??

strobingred

Bearing up manfully as you can imagine. :D Not fully recovered yet but it's healing well, back on 2 wheels soon hopefully.

Weds OK for me, I'll bring me outfit and me parrot.

Crown at Nuffield is a food pub now. However, there is a very intriguing pub near Checkendon, that I've never been in on account of being too frightened as it looks a bit like the "Slaughtered Lamb", and I thought I might end up in a big wickerman round the back. But if loads of GSer's are there it'll probably be OK.

It's called the Black Horse and it's here.

Anyone up for that?

So just to be clear, were going to the Black Horse on the 22nd??

Might as well do seeing as no one's objected to doing so?

How was the Cambrian?

It was great, you missed out on a very good event. I'm expecting a good result;) but the bike is too fast for me. I could hardly hold on to it on the fast stuff. Looked down at one point and was doing 80mph :D

Did not fall off though and nobody overtook me for the 2 days so very pleased with myself.

Back
Top Bottom