Arai Tour X-3

I've got a 3 Metallic black to silver went one size down, normally a large but the medium fitted like a glove. Love it to bits. Was worried about the peak at speed but no problem at all. Looks wicked with the Magnesium GSA. £270 at P & H, Crawley was lucky with special deal.:)

He was probably either watching adult stuff on the net ....:augie or more than likely keeping an eye out for his non lockable TT bags with important stuff in them ... :rolleyes:

:hide

:eek: How did you know that ??? am I that predictable mate :blast :D

Ditto the above,I got a Tour X3 last week,I'm pleased with the fit and finish,it appears to be better built than my Tour X and is definitely quieter,comes with a pinlock insert too and looks great in Motard Black :thumb2

Did you fit the pinlock Humvee? I just did, and it rubs against the rubber seal that runs along the top of the visor opening when I open / close the visor. Wonder if it's just me ... ?

Mup.

It does the same on my RX-7 Corsair too - a common Arai/Pinlock issue, maybe? :nenau

Similar thing on my SportIntegral helmet with a fog city fitted. I guess we want good sealing when closed, and so the visor is designed just to miss the seal and if you add anything onto the inside of the visor .....

just ordered and received a new Schuberth J1 after using a TourX 2 for a few years. not sure if I'm wise moving to this german thing. it's big, feels clumsy, has fiddly and fragile looking visor mechanisms and lacks the robust feel of the TourX. maybe I should send back and order a TX3? anyone else moved to find they shouldn't have bothered? Just liked the open face for a change and because the Schu used the chin bar, seemed to offer the best of both worlds, until i realised the chin bar is like a bent drinking straw.

any previous experiences of moving from Arai and specifically to Schuberth would be appreciated, as don't want to shell out 350 for the wrong thing.

I bought the metalic X3 from the NEC last year £266.00 great helmet, I have my starcom headset hooked up and had no problems whatsoever.
Great fit, quiet, light and feels really well made. No issues with fogging with the pinlock visor fitted. Best helmet so far..

any previous experiences of moving from Arai and specifically to Schuberth would be appreciated, as don't want to shell out 350 for the wrong thing.

Just to say you should try one on first.
The cheek pads and crown pads are Different thicknesses.
In a medium helmet , For me a 10 mm crown pad was tight on the forehead 7 mm better and 20 mm cheek pads a bit too loose 25mm tighter but might give a little so not sure.
Point being, these helmets are not standard size fits all take it or leave it.

Back
Top Bottom