End: Innertkirchen

Result:

grimselpass.jpg

Gran San Bernardo

Start: Bex
End: Saint-Rhemy

Result:

gran-san-bernado.jpg

The screenshot for this one didn't come out that well but you can see that on-route has missed a section of the uphill run out of CH here, but has the whole of the pass on the Italian side.

David

this may be a stupid question, but is day 5/6 going to be the 16/17 of sept, if so where are you starting from/finishing on day 5 and finishing on day 6 so I can look up accomodation.
As these look like the dates I will be tagging along :beerjug:

Dazzle

this may be a stupid question, but is day 5/6 going to be the 16/17 of sept, if so where are you starting from/finishing on day 5 and finishing on day 6 so I can look up accomodation.
As these look like the dates I will be tagging along :beerjug:

Dazzle
Not going to have that sort of detail yet until numbers are confirmed in April. But Day 5/6 will be 15/16th September and we'll almost certainly be in the Grison region of Switzerland or Italy bordering that region.

Price is discounted for UkGSer's, PM me if you're interested.

David
A UK relative is ordering On-Route for me tonight. I'm back in the UK tomorrow for the rest of the week so I'll pick it up then. Will then get started on route planning :thumb2

Monsieur Rabbitson, my copy of OnRoute has now been received. As soon as I return back to CH I'll start firming up this route.

Magnum, Good to hear.

To anybody else reading this thread and thinking about on-route over the last couple of days I've had some issues with the online store which are going to take me a bit longer to resolve. If in the meantime you are interested in on-route, best thing is to contact me directly.

David

Fuel stops

Like at least a couple of other riders going to the Alps, I'm not riding a supertanker that is the GS/A, so distance between fuel stops is rather less :tears

I seem to get about 134 miles before reserve, which equates to about 41mpg. Not bad, and even though I'm still running it in, I have given it a bit of welly from time to time, and is probably indicative of my normal 'solo' riding regime on a good day. I can get more hectic, and so I'd expect mpg to go down, but once run-in for normal riding, I think I'd see 42-44mpg, based on previous experience, equating to a range of 140miles or thereabouts?

The purpose of this waffle, is to seek confirmation that fuel stops are reasonably plentiful where we're going?

Probably a basic question, but it gets me on this thread for notifications... :D

:thumb

JB

Don't worry Yoy, you'll be fine.

I rode my GSA last year and filled up every 2 days. This year I'll have to deal with the MegaMoto's puny 13L tank but there are plenty of petrol stations en-route. Providing you fill up before the big passes you'll be fine.

Ah - feel much better, now! :comfort

I have a 19l tank! :JB

Any thoughts on filling-up regimes? I've worked with a buddy system before, where you team up with someone, and take turns paying. Speeds up refuelling stops and evens itself out, cash-wise.

Anyhow, plenty of time for that, I suppose!

Roll on September!

Yoy

Ah - feel much better, now! :comfort

I have a 19l tank! :JB
Excellent :thumb2
Must remember to bring siphoning pipe with me for those late night top-ups :D

Filling regime? I think that's something we need to talk about when numbers are confirmed NEXT WEEK. All depends on the size of each group.

I don't know about anyone else but I feel in limbo at the moment regarding making plans, because there are issues we need to discuss and agree as a group, and that can't really happen until we know who's coming.

So Maybe Group, just 8 days left to confirm :beer:

I don't know about anyone else but I feel in limbo at the moment regarding making plans, because there are issues we need to discuss and agree as a group, and that can't really happen until we know who's coming.

My suggestions for the issues agenda

1 we get there:thumb2
2 we ride :thumb2
3 we have good time :thumb2
4 we have refreshment - is there going to be a slow group at night, I'd like to join that please :thumb :ChrisKelly

Youll be alright Norm I dont tend to drink the stuff that dont affect me these
days so Ill be joining you if thats ok.:beerjug: as Im an early riser:fnikefork

Youll be alright Norm I dont tend to drink the stuff that dont affect me these
days so Ill be joining you if thats ok.:beerjug: as Im an early riser:fnikefork

Rule No. 1 - Don't believe everything I say :beer:

Guys/gals,

I've not looked in here much lately ref the trip.

Couple of questions,probably already asked elsewhere:

Are we all expecting to ride together or can we go off in smaller groups and meet up for lunch and obviously in the evenings ?

Reason I ask is everybody will want to stop at different times.People will need petrol at different times.

Some will want a fag break.

I want to be able to stop and take a pic without having 15 other bikes having to stop.

Likewise I don't want to stop everytime someone else does.

It's bad enough with half a dozen mates-works much better with 3 or 4.

It's probably written elsewhere,but I would much rather know the day's route and do it at my own pace-which some days will be quick and others not so.

Also,if I'm up and bright eyed at 8am it's a pain having to wait for the last person who got hammered the night before and overslept.

This all makes me sound like an unsocialable git,but the thought of 15 + bikes in a slow conga is not a great one.

Thoughts ?

Back
Top Bottom