Proposed route

Are we all expecting to ride together or can we go off in smaller groups and meet up for lunch and obviously in the evenings ?

Reason I ask is everybody will want to stop at different times.People will need petrol at different times.

Some will want a fag break.

I want to be able to stop and take a pic without having 15 other bikes having to stop.

Likewise I don't want to stop everytime someone else does.

It's bad enough with half a dozen mates-works much better with 3 or 4.

It's probably written elsewhere,but I would much rather know the day's route and do it at my own pace-which some days will be quick and others not so.

Also,if I'm up and bright eyed at 8am it's a pain having to wait for the last person who got hammered the night before and overslept.

This all makes me sound like an unsocialable git :thumb,but the thought of 15 + bikes in a slow conga is not a great one.

Thoughts ?

AGREED OR +1 to all of the above. :thumb2

I think the smaller grouping with an end meet is the right thing to do.

AGREED OR +1 to all of the above. :thumb2

I think the smaller grouping with an end meet is the right thing to do.

and me. i don't want to ride in any big groups.

meet up at lunchtime and evenings + on the road as it occurs.

Arsey does have a point, much as I love the Conga, it's probably best left on the dance floor. And I also agree with Arsey when he says he sounds like an unsociable git, he does sound like an unsociable git. But I'm sure it's for the best of reasons.....so I agree with Arsey.

Bandit

and me. i don't want to ride in any big groups.

meet up at lunchtime and evenings + on the road as it occurs.
When the numbers are confirmed this week we can start to make some real plans.

However, I think it's pretty impossible to please everyone with a set of procedures and especially those relating to groups. So, those that want to ride in groups will ride in groups - slow, medium and fast if you like. If you don't want to ride in a group, then don't. Easy really :thumb2

Meet up for dinner is a must though. Otherwise not much point in going in a group. Oh, and it's your round :beerjug:

Hi Magnum can you book me a bed for the thursday night please , as for the friday Id like to get a march on back so what I save on a bed I can always spend it up the auto route Michilen reckons on 7 hours ,if its right might catch the last boat back to blighty.:blast

Back
Top Bottom