Accommodation

Magnum

Reaction score
Following on from the main thread I propose to arrange a choice of accommodation during the trip.

Let's confine it to two types.

Value Option - Cheap and cheerful ** or *** small hotels.

or

Posh Option - A bit of luxury in **** or ***** hotels.

I'm in the last group.

Hotels to be as close to each other as possible so we can meet up for food, drinks and to talk bollox all evening.

Should keep everyone happy budget-wise :thumb2

If this meets with approval I'll start putting together a list of options en-route.

Sounds great.

Some *** places are great as well,so I would probably mix and match.

Have a few cheaper nights and a few blow outs.

Yep, mix and match works well, in fact it may be essential in some of the more remote parts.

There are superb *** and crap ***** hotels the world over.

Accommodation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Following on from the main thread I propose to arrange a choice of accommodation during the trip.

Let's confine it to two types.

Value Option - Cheap and cheerful ** or *** small hotels.

Magnum

We toured the Black Forest then the GRDA Thonon to Nice, what happened was that some days we did not make the progress we had intended, on other days we did better than expected, so my conclusion is that in Sept there is no need to make advance bookings, as it is the quiet period before the snow comes.

We never failed to find reasonable accomodation, but many of the ski villages will only have one or two hotels/lodges that are open in this quiet period. Some villages have no accomodation that is open, even somewhere like Val de Sare looked like it was shut.

My tips for what they are worth.
Plan to stop riding about 5.30 and look for your beds in daylight.
Dont discount the ski lodges some are very nice, and most will have long
tables, great for group meals.
Nominate somebody in the group to go look for suitable accomodation whilst the the rest of you have a coffee/beer.
ALLWAYS checkout the bedrooms before you book!!.
The tourist offices [most villages have one] will have a list of available hotels.

Have a Great Time.

John.:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom