The "who's coming" list

Yet more individuals flock to the fold of maybes. Good to have you interested in what will almost certainly be a week of fabulous riding. Not to mention the Olympic class drinking of an evening :D

Ooops perhaps I should admit now to being tea total. :blast

:beer::beerjug::ChrisKelly:drinkinpa:101:

Deadline to decide - 1st April 2009

Now we are into 2009 and I'm starting to look at trip options I think it would be a sensible idea to have a deadline for those maybes who've expressed an interest.

The main concern is hotels and at least being able to approach them with firm numbers and dates. I'm not sure we'll get any discounts but I sure as hell am going to try.

So with this in mind I propose that the deadline to decide is 1st April 2009. That's 5 and a bit months before the trip but trust me it'll fly.

At the deadline those confirmed will have parted with some cash so that I can book hotels. Not worked out the detail yet but a sensible deposit will do. If any hotels want prepayment I'm happy to do so and you can bring me cash when you arrive :thumb2

sounds like a good idea to me.

i'll be checking dates, and hopefully confirming fairly soon anyway :)

Now we are into 2009 and I'm starting to look at trip options I think it would be a sensible idea to have a deadline for those maybes who've expressed an interest.

The main concern is hotels and at least being able to approach them with firm numbers and dates. I'm not sure we'll get any discounts but I sure as hell am going to try.

So with this in mind I propose that the deadline to decide is 1st April 2009. That's 5 and a bit months before the trip but trust me it'll fly.

At the deadline those confirmed will have parted with some cash so that I can book hotels. Not worked out the detail yet but a sensible deposit will do. If any hotels want prepayment I'm happy to do so and you can bring me cash when you arrive :thumb2

Hi Magnum

Been thinking long and hard on this one, really would like to join you but the industry I am in is a bit volatile ATM and along with the state of the Euro etc I have decided not to go with any big trips abroad this year, so unfortunately I will drop out of this one. It could be a little early to bail out just yet but would rather do it now then later and mess/scupper with your plans.

I still hope to get away for some short breaks but if I am going to boost anybodies economy ATM then I feel it should be our own :hide

Many thanks for considering having me tag along and hopefully it can be done another time. All the best for the trip, I look forward to the ride report and pictures just so I can beat myself up over what I missed :(.

Cheers

Adie

I find it hard to read your post without being distracted by something. Well two things actually :D

Totally understand mate and thanks for letting us know :)

Here's the latest list :thumb2

Confirmed
Magnum
Arsey
2 wheel humvee
BM Bandit
Norm
loftyboy
SPAINSKYWALKER + Mrs

Maybe
haga lout
swissrob
cookie + Mrs
Philzafuka + Mrs
Kev B
The Phantom Pieman + Mrs
leel600
Rivendell
flytoolow
russ996duke
leman
GrinningGser + Mrs

Sounds like the perfect trip for me.
Please count me in as a certain.
I've pm'ed you all me contact details.

Great news Bigdave. Glad to have you aboard mate :thumb2

Here's the latest list.

Confirmed
Magnum
Arsey
2 wheel humvee
BM Bandit
Norm
loftyboy
SPAINSKYWALKER + Mrs
Bigdave

Maybe
haga lout
swissrob
cookie + Mrs
Philzafuka + Mrs
Kev B
The Phantom Pieman + Mrs
leel600
Rivendell
flytoolow
russ996duke
leman
GrinningGser + Mrs

Back of holiday now so will start getting more organised :type

Hi Magnum,
I am down as a maybe but unfortunatley this dam recession is making life a bit tricky at the moment, so I am going to have to bail out on this trip.Hope you all have a great time.
Regards Kev :tears:tears:tears

Soz, but i don't think i will now be able to make this one also. :(

Magnum
I have been following thread as I trying to sort out leave at work.

I have provisionally got leave at work but not comfirmed yet, I would not be there for whole trip but maybe tag along for a couple of days somewhere in the trip if that would be ok, dates tbc will look at your routes and days and try to fit in as best as possible,
my plan would be get tunnel/ferry 2 days to the alps 2 days with you guys then 2 days return on different route.
may all fall flat if leave not confirmed, but it sounds like a plan to me :D

Dazzle

Hey Magnum.

When do you need confirmed names by? Potentially moi plus one other.

Irrespective of whether I end up coming or not I think you've done a superb job of putting this together. Good on ya mate and thanks for the personal effort. If I come your beers for 1 night is on me. Might give me a chance of keeping up with you the following morning :rolleyes:

Hi Magnum,
I am down as a maybe but unfortunatley this dam recession is making life a bit tricky at the moment, so I am going to have to bail out on this trip.Hope you all have a great time.
Regards Kev :tears:tears:tears
Sorry to hear that mate. I'm sure we'll have a great time. Maybe you can make it next time :thumb2

Magnum
I have been following thread as I trying to sort out leave at work.

I have provisionally got leave at work but not comfirmed yet, I would not be there for whole trip but maybe tag along for a couple of days somewhere in the trip if that would be ok, dates tbc will look at your routes and days and try to fit in as best as possible,
my plan would be get tunnel/ferry 2 days to the alps 2 days with you guys then 2 days return on different route.
may all fall flat if leave not confirmed, but it sounds like a plan to me :D

Dazzle
Sounds fine to me. As per other similar requests I'll not include you in the "who's coming" list, but you'll be welcome to tag along for a few days :)

Hey Magnum.

When do you need confirmed names by? Potentially moi plus one other.

Irrespective of whether I end up coming or not I think you've done a superb job of putting this together. Good on ya mate and thanks for the personal effort. If I come your beers for 1 night is on me. Might give me a chance of keeping up with you the following morning :rolleyes:
The deadline is April 1st. There are a few sensible reasons for this.

1 - It will allow me establish accommodation availability with firm numbers in plenty of time.

2 - It will allow us to really get into the detail of where we are going and discuss the trip options knowing how big the group will be.

Eunuch, I'll stick you on the "Maybe" list (+Mrs?) :thumb2

Here's the latest list folks :rob

Confirmed - 8 Bikes, 9 People
Magnum
Arsey
2 wheel humvee
BM Bandit
Norm
loftyboy
SPAINSKYWALKER + Mrs
Bigdave

Maybe
haga lout
swissrob
cookie + Mrs
The Phantom Pieman + Mrs
leel600
Rivendell
flytoolow
russ996duke
leman
GrinningGser + Mrs
bbvito
Eunuch + Mrs

Eunuch, I'll stick you on the "Maybe" list (+Mrs?) :thumb2

Thanks Magnum. Yea, my mate Steve loves being called "Mrs" :rolleyes:. Actually I've heard someone say he rides like a bitch but I wouldn't say such a thing.

2 possible Maybe's on 2 x GS's. I'll try and confirm one way or the other as soon as I can.

Cheers.

Magnum - at the risk of being a pain, I could very well be back on the list for this.

Work has settled down somewhat, but I'm still a little concerned at "£ vs any currency" at the moment.

Anyhow, please would you put me back as 'a definite 80% maybe', and I'll confirm well in time for the deadline. I really do want to join you peeps, but it will revolve around the old spondula.

I'd probably want to be in the middle group, as such, but quite happy to flit between them all. I have a bit of experience riding in large groups, so if you need a tail-end-charlie on occasions, let me know.

I'm into photography, as I said before, so if I dawdle, I'll catch you all up by the end of the riding day, anyhow.:toungincheek

Oh, and as I snore like a bastard, I will need my own room. Probably in the next village. :augie Just hope there's no snow...AVALANCHE! You have been warned!:D

I'll also want to take the overnight option from Caen, Le Havre, or St Malo, or Calais to somewhere in France, and then the night near your gaff, the day before we start. (Vevey?) Quite happy to meet up with anyone in France for the ride to you.

This week, oi'll be riding a KTM 990 SM...or an SMT. Can't make up my mind which to buy...

JB

Back
Top Bottom