Thread: 10.2008 Buenos Aires

GS pervert Click here to find out how to Subscribe

10.2008 Buenos Aires

Waiting for our bike 7 days now. Seen most of the city (by feet) and geting tired of it... Hopefully we'll get our bike today and can ride off to more open spaces. Will keep you updated.

I've got loads of sounds recorded (our little innovation on travelling reports), must figure out how to post 'em in the forum.

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Hi,

John and I spent a week there too. I have a good idea of how you're feeling. Have you been to see any of the Tango demonstrations yet ? (as Buenos Aires is famous for them if you wern't aware.) John and I visited a restaurant on Julio 28/29th (if I remember correctly.) and had quite a fun night out.

Regards,

Mike

GS pervert Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Post On wheels again

So after 12 days in Buenos Aires we've seen most of the highlights. The city has it's charm, but max 4-5 days would have been nicer. The final few days were much better in Dakar Motos where I did some work on the bike and we got a chance to meet other travellers.

Some Buenos Aires point'n'shoot pics (on panoramas click to enlarge):

A girl and pigeons...

Modern Puerto Madero part of Buenos Aires.

Puente de la Mujer bridge sunset.

Recoleta cemetery.

At the airport they took away our insurance paper, which we found out later at the hotel. So it was additional 2 days waiting (all stuff closed for the weekend) to get a new insurance on Monday. On Tuesday it started to rain+thunder badly (it is spring here) which resulted in one more day of waiting = 12 days of Buenos Aires.

But it was soooo good to be finally on the bike... Till some 200km from BA a copper stopped us and said we had been speeding, 7km/h over limit = 300US dollars fine please sir . We knew we hadn't speeded, and also the quoted fine was clearly overestimated per local fine standards. So we knew it was a bastid police officer wanting to suck tourists. We used the old recommended method, acting as if we had all day to argue with them (don't try to talk in Spanish, talk in "hazy" English, talk fast, talk a lot...) till they got tired from us (we consumed their precious time to catch other potential payers ), gave back our papers and quickly rode off.

Las Palmas park.

Another palmy road...

We arrived to Puerto Iguazu yesterday to see the falls today and to put our Brazil visa applications in - fingers crossed.

Níl gach uile fhánaí caillte Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    ...my country is Kiltartan Cross, My countrymen Kiltartan's poor.......
    Great foto's as always Marcus
    Keep em coming
    Travel is fatal to hatred, bigotry and prejudice.
    love n laughter

Just waiting here, with the beer on the table mate!!!!

on the road at last ! . i do like the little sound clip,s you have on your site , very atmospheric . so what,s the plan for south america ? how long are you going to spend there ?
    good luck and have fun .

Níl gach uile fhánaí caillte Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    ...my country is Kiltartan Cross, My countrymen Kiltartan's poor.......
    Hi Margus,
    Any chance of a wee update I cant
    read your web page
    Seen the vids they look great

Travel is fatal to hatred, bigotry and prejudice.
    love n laughter

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

More please !
    Too shiny and clean to use it properly.