10.2008 Buenos Aires

Tsiklonaut

GS pervert
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Waiting for our bike 7 days now. Seen most of the city (by feet) and geting tired of it... Hopefully we'll get our bike today and can ride off to more open spaces. Will keep you updated.

I've got loads of sounds recorded (our little innovation on travelling reports), must figure out how to post 'em in the forum.

Hi,

John and I spent a week there too. I have a good idea of how you're feeling. :rolleyes: Have you been to see any of the Tango demonstrations yet ? :eyebrow (as Buenos Aires is famous for them if you wern't aware.) John and I visited a restaurant on Julio 28/29th (if I remember correctly.) and had quite a fun night out. :D

Regards,

Mike

On wheels again

img_0771.jpg

So after 12 days in Buenos Aires we've seen most of the highlights. The city has it's charm, but max 4-5 days would have been nicer. The final few days were much better in Dakar Motos where I did some work on the bike and we got a chance to meet other travellers.

Some Buenos Aires point'n'shoot pics (on panoramas click to enlarge):

img_0904_2.jpg

A girl and pigeons...

img_0908.jpg

Modern Puerto Madero part of Buenos Aires.

img_0986.jpg

Puente de la Mujer bridge sunset.

img_0811.jpg

Recoleta cemetery.

At the airport they took away our insurance paper, which we found out later at the hotel. So it was additional 2 days waiting (all stuff closed for the weekend) to get a new insurance on Monday. On Tuesday it started to rain+thunder badly (it is spring here) which resulted in one more day of waiting = 12 days of Buenos Aires.

But it was soooo good to be finally on the bike... Till some 200km from BA a copper stopped us and said we had been speeding, 7km/h over limit = 300US dollars fine please sir :eek: . We knew we hadn't speeded, and also the quoted fine was clearly overestimated per local fine standards. So we knew it was a bastid police officer wanting to suck tourists. We used the old recommended method, acting as if we had all day to argue with them (don't try to talk in Spanish, talk in "hazy" English, talk fast, talk a lot...) till they got tired from us (we consumed their precious time to catch other potential payers ;) ), gave back our papers and quickly rode off. :beerjug:

Las Palmas park.

img_1058.jpg

Another palmy road...

We arrived to Puerto Iguazu yesterday to see the falls today and to put our Brazil visa applications in - fingers crossed.

on the road at last ! :thumb . i do like the little sound clip,s you have on your site , very atmospheric . so what,s the plan for south america ? how long are you going to spend there ?
good luck and have fun . :thumb

Hi Margus,
Any chance of a wee update I cant
read your web page :eek:
Seen the vids they look great :clap

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/g45jkf1mQqo&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/g45jkf1mQqo&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Back
Top Bottom