Valencia WSB

Jim G

Planning to take the GS on its first foreign trip at the end of FEB to Spain - travelling with a mate on a CBR 600.

I'd appreciate any advice on routes, places to stay, things to miss/not miss etc .

Currently planning on leaving on Thursday 26th am, & arrive in Valencia on Friday afternoon. Watch the racing Sat/Sun arrive back in UK on Monday.:D

Thanks for your help in advance.

JimG:beerjug:

uk-valencia

uk-valencia thats 2650 ish miles return in 4-5 days,and you reckon your going to have sat+sun watching racing.IMPOSSIBLE
if you fly you might do it.:D

About 450 miles each way from Santander ferry terminal to Valencia

I take it that the 26th a.m. is the date you leave our green and pleasant land?

Valencia is nigh on 900 miles from Le Havre using motorways all the way and more like 990 from Calais.

If you are eat and kip types on the way then hotel Formule 1 will do the trick on the way down and they are cheap enough - www.hotelformule1.com/

In Valencia itself, not been for a while but there will be quite a load on the cities hotels for a GP weekend as they are bigger events than in UK........ check out http://www.valenciahotels.net/ or one like it.... or check out somewhere on the coast nearby and have a run down for the GP itself.

I can thoroughly recommend the Parador at Benicarlo - http://www.paradores-spain.com/spain/pbenicarlo.html. I stayed there a couple of times and although it's not an old converted castle its pretty luxurious but 80 miles from Valencia.....

Eaten in this one http://www.paradores-spain.com/spain/psaler.html and it's a little further south than Valencia, but very nice!

Thanks for the ideas so far. I was told the distance was 1100 miles from where we are, daunting I know that is why I thought 2 days travelling for each journey, just depends when the races finish on the Sunday....

The links are useful Paul & where pursuing them further.

Rob Farmer has offered to pop over & check the bike over before I go & start me on the way to self mechanicing:D

Shan't have time to get the seats re-upholstered by Melvyn Hunter before I go, shall have to find one of those sheep skins that some members rave about on the site. Oh for some lowered pegs also, still got to be better than my mates arse on the CBR:jester

JIM

Just looked at that Sheepland UK link, can't believe the prices.....

Picked up a black one for Gazza last week from Carmarthen market. Including Special delivery post it only cost £27.00. If anyone wants one, send me a pm..... and I'll see what I can do.:beerjug:

Jim thats around 1250miles each way via a channel ferry port and motorway all the way. You can do that in two days, but itll be hard work.

I´ll ride out to the A7 if you like as you do a fly past!:D

I did the Valencia WSB last year on my 's'.
I think the racing finished fairly early, maybe 3.30 4.00.
Be careful where you sit.
I recomend yellow or orange grandstands on the first bend.
The circuit is masive & it being the first race of the season, there is not much by the way of food & other stalls.
Yellow & orange grandstands (they are all coulour coded)are nearest the pits.

We are Going again this year, but this time flying.
Couldn't resist the free flights from Ryanair.
Flying to Reus on the 26th then having a couple of days in & around Barcelona & then home Monday.

Mike h

Thanks for all the info & support.

Spanish Bob, love to see you somewhere along the route. You're right, we will be flying...

Latest idea from my 'friend' is to leave Thursday after work & keep driving through the night (yeah):confused: & crash out in Valencia late on Friday night. This would then allow us to split the journey on the way back. He says the adrenalin will keep us going. Think I might see if I qualify for one of them 'Iron Butt' badges. I'm torn between doing it for the hell of it & being safe:D Think I'll pm Rob Farmer re some extra lights when he comes over to help me prep the bike.

Anyone any ideas about breakdown cover?

Jon, Dave, I've e-mailed alaska leather last Thursday & they e-mailed me back Friday am. Excellent service.

Accomodation has been looked after by last minute.com, "Expo
Hotel Valencia" got the thumbs up from the race track officials. We were confused by there coloured areas around the track but your advice Mike h has sorted that, cheers :beerjug:

Just waiting for some goodies from Touratech, I thought some lowered pegs & handle bar risers would make the journey easier.

Inbetween, buying & moving house, building 5 bungalows, overseeing sale of mother-in-laws bungalow & the purchase, move to the next one :shoot:

Thanks to everyone:D

"ride throgh the night?".... will you be working thursday? Madness.

get over as soon you can and book an F1 somewhere towards Paris... they will save your visa number on the computer... arrive any time, abd let yourself in using the autoteller! sleep properly... F1's are so cheap you can get two booked and see if you can make the second and furthest! Better than dying under the wheels of a 44 tonner!

Then get up early Friday... eat something, and get in the saddle for a long all-day thrash. I bet Bob d'Espana can suggest an over night spot for Friday night!

I went to Jerez a couple of years back, and the GP finished at about 3.30pm local time and about two hours to get out.... plus a 10am start for the 125's....

p.s. nice to see the proliferation on "old timer pics" as avatars..... but a lambretta!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom