450X Fuel range

ovenpaa

Reaction score
In case you wondered the fuel range of a full power G450X ridden normally is around 120 Kms (75 miles)

In my case this is exactly the distance you need to travel to get to the bottom of the biggest hill in the area with a fuel station 4 miles behind you or two miles in front... :blast

Thank you for this important research, all very grateful.:thumb

I suggest you push forwards for 2 miles to the nearest fuel. :augie

Mind you, having an 8 litre fuel tank is a clue that you may want to fill up sooner rather than later. :D

How much liter went in it?

I know somebody how had to walk to the gas station after 5 km that the feul indicator went off. He tanked 7,3 liter.

So that's means that the reserve .75 liter were there but not going to the engine

My wife met me at the top of the hill with a full fuel can so I just put 5 litres in and kept riding. The most I have ever put in it was 7.3 litres and it was still going at that point.

After filling it this morning and some calculations my view is the bike only has a usable capacity of around 7.4 litres or 100 kms (ish) pushed hard. Worth remembering for longer trips.

that suck, that means .5 liter is not for use.... so the .75 L reserve is BS.

Why?

Has to be down to the shape of the tank I guess, and it did run out going up hill, I will take a look and see where the take off pipe is however my guess is it has to be at the front to protect it. Bugger, I shook the bike sideways as it stuttered and slowed and that did not help, maybe facing down hill would have got it going....

Still would have not got me home though as I had another hill going back the other way.

The fuel pump sits at the bottom front of the tank, however behind it the tank drops slightly to form a well, I would expect the pick up to come from this point however even if it did not the well would not hold much more than 0.2 litres at most.

I guess you could always fit the clear tank option but it is a lot to pay to confirm you have run out of fuel....

Reading this thread is the only time I've ever felt smug about my HPs range :D

Reading this thread is the only time I've ever felt smug about my HPs range :D
Remember with the HP2E, if the fuel light is not on at 70 miles you need to try harder.

OK, well maybe not this time of year........ :D

EDIT - wow 3000 posts, imagine what I could have done with all that time (and no BMW)

Yesterday, on an average type 'Timpo' trailride, I did fifty miles on 5 liters.
A WR450 on the same ride used exactly the same amount of fuel (£5.05 to full again).

Timpo.

PS. Made the front even softer again on compression, it improved the rock-crossings 100%. I'm loving it.....:thumb2

Yesterday, on an average type 'Timpo' trailride, I did fifty miles on 5 liters.
A WR450 on the same ride used exactly the same amount of fuel (£5.05 to full again).

Timpo.

PS. Made the front even softer again on compression, it improved the rock-crossings 100%. I'm loving it.....:thumb2

I get around 4.7l/100km which is 50mpg most of the time, so this stacks up with your figures.

I do find the front harsh and will also be softening mine up a bit this weekend, the back is firm but very nice, I left it as it came as being an Ohlins it will need some running in.

1000kms on mine now :thumb

what's youre setting Timpo?

becaus i also find the front a bit hard.
rebound?
compression?

the back ohlins i like!

ps: with the powerplug in i have 4,6l 60-65-perhaps 70 km of driving fun.
my buddy with the 530exc needs 6L for the same distance.

Its in the netherlands lots of snad and mud, thight forrest and then open field,then crosstrack then field and forrest so al lot of ful gass on and off, al lot in 2second an 3 and 4 then back to 2 and so on and so and.

what's youre setting Timpo?

becaus i also find the front a bit hard.
rebound?
compression?

the back ohlins i like!

I'll have to recount the clicks, as all the adjustments have been done on the trails so I have lost count of clicks from standard.:augie

True though, the rear is absolutely spot-on, but the front was making my teeth fall out, and at approx 78kg, my body weight wasn't enough to make sliders move!
This was making the crossing of any rocky sections very dangerous as the bike just fired itself in every direction but the one I wanted to go.....
It is alot better now with comp/rebound backed off.

Timpo.

There no rock in Holland, in soft sand the front is good, we have a lot of "knippen" i think waves you could call then. wenn there big its ok but wen you enter the end of the track were all the people hit the brakes small hard ones are created, and there my teeth faal out and the bike is not in harmonie.
Roots of trees are also hard.
I havent changed a thing yet because i thinlk the suspension needs to settle in.

On the crosstracks the suspension is good, (jumps) it just feels smooth.

So im trying to find the right middle off the road thing......

To bad that you have to take the handle bars off to change the rebound...(touratech has a nice option for this, but then i,m going to change to much because it is so easy to do.

Compression is easy to change, but i think you have to change rebound first then comprssion?? ore i,m a wrong?

i weight 90 kilo's .with full riding stuff.

Back
Top Bottom