"The Turkey Run" 12th/13th/14th December

Turkey Run

I'm in.

There seems to be lots of room at the inn, it being Christmass and all!

Hope the weather will be good.

I was in Clare on Saturday doing the road recce with my eldest lad. Should be pretty good if it doesn't snow ;) Should be feckin' brillant if it does snow :augie

We stayed in the hostel on Friday night & it's warm & dry with a pub right next door :beer: You even get a voucher for a free pint when you book in :beer:

There's about 30 beds so plenty of room. But you'll need to bring your own towel. And I'd strongly recommend a pair of ear plugs - not the best soundproofing in the world :mmmm

Orla, the ban an ti, is very nice as is her surprisingly quiet Spaniel. She has a large laundry room which we can ue as a drying room if need be. There's also a kitchen but I reckon we'll be dining in the pub - I've had lunch there before & it was very good. Grub is served until 9 pm but we could probably get that extended slightly on Friday night if they knew people were arriving late.
Orla's also going to see if they'll do a cooked brekkie for those that want it :thumb2

There's 15 booked so far but if ya haven't booked yet - get a move on. It's the ideal pre-Christmas break, ie without wives & kids and not a shop in sight
:duck:

Well, I gave my GS a bit of TLC today and I'm rearin to go.

Really looking forward to this. :bounce1:bounce1:bounce1:bounce1

Any idea as to who's doing what (road run/ off-road run) ??

Really looking forwaed to this too.
I'm planning to leave Dublin Friday Evening. Will try to be on the road by 4.00 (realistically more like 6.00).
Unless it's really sh1tty conditions I'm doing the off road, but I'll be on the Tourances.

anyone else leaving Dubalin direction Fri afternoon??

Really looking forwaed to this too.

With Gunner leading the OffRoad and Jockser doing the road run... the two groups could end up meeting on the side of a mountain. :D:D

It's going to be legendary !! :D:D:D:D:bounce1:bounce1:bounce1:bounce1

Anyone else leaving Dubalin direction Fri afternoon??
Just in case they didn't hear ya. :thumb

Tough Guy

Just enquired about a bed for the Fri night. Have to be back in the Kingdom on Sat evening; 5oc ferry out of Killimer or I'm fcuked - she'll KILL me.
You thought I was tough bbbbbbbut I still have principles - I won't share with the cover of a BMW club magazine cover. No siree; that shtie aside looking forward to meeting yall.

How far will I be allowed to tilt the bike over before being censured (another form of neutering).

Probably tempting faith here - will probable end up on me hole. :eek:

Ya will in yer hole ya gobshite wonderful Irish expeession of affection. :beerjug:

anyone else leaving Dubalin direction Fri afternoon??

Where is this 'Dubalin' of which you speak :nenau
Or is that just you writing in a norsoide accent, Buud :augie

I'm heading down Friday but I'm hoping to be away about lunchtime :bounce1

Gerry, don't worry - there's plenty of us that haven't been on the cover of the Journal that you can hang around with :D

I'm heading down Friday but I'm hoping to be away about lunchtime :bounce1

Hmmm. I won't know till late in the week if I can do lunchtime, but I'll give it a shot.
You departing from the Pale or Chill Dara?

Hmmm. I won't know till late in the week if I can do lunchtime, but I'll give it a shot.
You departing from the Pale or Chill Dara?

Parents' 50th on the Thurs so I'll probably be staying up. I'll only have the bike if I'm really organised (like by Wed nite !) so unlikely :( Probably leave by lunchtime, nip home for the bike & take the nice roads through the Blooms to Birr, Portumna, Gort & Kilfenora :bounce1

I'll keep ya posted ;)

I'm in. SiJohnston and Stuart McCulloch will also be coming. Booked into the hostel. Looking forward to it!

I'm in. SiJohnston and Stuart McCulloch will also be coming. Booked into the hostel. Looking forward to it!
Brilliant ! :clap:clap
Looking forward to meeting ye. :thumb

I can't stop thinking about this one, should be very very good.:D :bounce1 :bounce1

Good decision lads :thumb2
Should be a bit a craic :bounce1

PS: Does Si need a catwalk or will he be happy enough if we just cheer & whistle when he walks in ;)

Good decision lads :thumb2
Should be a bit a craic :bounce1

PS: Does Si need a catwalk or will he be happy enough if we just cheer & whistle when he walks in ;)

As long as he gets a bit of attention he's usually happy :thumb

Back
Top Bottom